Tires for South Florida?

Tire Choice

• Total voters

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I'm about to replace my tires with either Michelin PS4S or PS A/S 3. The weather here only dips below 50 degrees maybe two weeks per year. You think I'm better off going PS4S? I don't really road trip out of state either

TIA
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Greetings from Broward county.
Just changing my Pzero to PS4S. Not a dd for me.
Also really liked the Firestone indys. Cheaper great tire.
If you DD your car with our torrential rain during monsoon season, I'd say you're better off with the A/S.
Summer tires do not like the kind of rediculous rain we get. You'd probably kill yourself with the sport cup 2 here.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Greetings from Broward x2.. lol.

I run Indy 500’s and they’ve been a great tire wet and dry. Much, much more solid than the Perreli’s.

It’s not going to get colder than the past week, so temp wise I wouldn’t run anything less than a strictly summer tire.

Don’t have any personal experience with the ones you listed but I wouldn’t even consider putting an all season tire on my GT.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Greetings from Broward x2.. lol.

I run Indy 500’s and they’ve been a great tire wet and dry. Much, much more solid than the Perreli’s.

It’s not going to get colder than the past week, so temp wise I wouldn’t run anything less than a strictly summer tire.

Don’t have any personal experience with the ones you listed but I wouldn’t even consider putting an all season tire on my GT.
I agree. I really like those Firestone indys.
NW Broward here. Almost lost it on the Pirellis. Scary tire when cool and damp for sure.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I agree. I really like those Firestone indys.
NW Broward here. Almost lost it on the Pirellis. Scary tire when cool and damp for sure.
Cool, I’m in Coconut Creek.

Agreed - the Perreli’s were very squirmy in the rain. Dry traction they would squirm and wiggle in 2nd gear and spin some into 3rd. The Firestone’s barely turn over in 2nd and give a nice bark into 3rd but don’t lose traction aggressively.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool, I’m in Coconut Creek.

Agreed - the Perreli’s were very squirmy in the rain. Dry traction they would squirm and wiggle in 2nd gear and spin some into 3rd. The Firestone’s barely turn over in 2nd and give a nice bark into 3rd but don’t lose traction aggressively.
You're my neighbor. Coral springs.:like:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
MP4S are the best warm-wet tire I’ve ever seen. All seasons are for cold-wet.

MP4S has a dual compound tread specifically for wet handling. Its a great choice for Florida. I’ve done really stupid things on wet back roads and the car stayed planted. I also have tracked the MP4S in wet conditions at CotA. They’re my daily all-year tire in Texas.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MP4S are the best warm-wet tire I’ve ever seen. All seasons are for cold-wet.

MP4S has a dual compound tread specifically for wet handling. Its a great choice for Florida. I’ve done really stupid things on wet back roads and the car stayed planted. I also have tracked the MP4S in wet conditions at CotA. They’re my daily all-year tire in Texas.
Good to know.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm about to replace my tires with either Michelin PS4S or PS A/S 3. The weather here only dips below 50 degrees maybe two weeks per year. You think I'm better off going PS4S? I don't really road trip out of state either

TIA
Not too long ago, Michelin's Pilot Super Sport was one of maybe two "go-to" tire choices for HPDE track driving in the rain.

The PS4S was designed to be better still in terms of dry/wet braking, lap times and rolling resistance. IOW, an expansion of the PSS's envelope.

Norm
Sponsored