Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Good question. I haven't tried it. Sync will control some of the climate systems. "driver 68 degrees" works.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I view the prop rod for the hood in about the same way I would view the use of baling wire to hold up the exhaust system. Both would work and would rarely be seen but both scream cheap and tacky. As for a functional benefit, the prop rod is in the way when working under the hood. The use of struts provide better access.
You and lacanteen are still assigning too much weight to outward appearance. Actually, the kind of hood prop that best compares to baling wire as exhaust hangers would have been sweeping floors in a previous life.

FWIW, I've never found the prop rod on my car to have been in the way of doing anything I've had to do so far. Struts might actually be more in the way for dealing with spark plugs and coils. And I've never found the thing too hot to barehand into position even after a track session. Though I normally do gently drive a mile or two around paddock or down the access roads mainly for brake cooling reasons.

Norm

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You and lacanteen are still assigning too much weight to outward appearance. Actually, the kind of hood prop that best compares to baling wire as exhaust hangers would have been sweeping floors in a previous life.

FWIW, I've never found the prop rod on my car to have been in the way of doing anything I've had to do so far. Struts might actually be more in the way for dealing with spark plugs and coils. And I've never found the thing too hot to barehand into position even after a track session. Though I normally do gently drive a mile or two around paddock or down the access roads mainly for brake cooling reasons.

Norm
Have to agree the prop rod isn't any more in the way than two struts (some designs more than others). Temperature shouldn't be any issue. Yes, the metal can get VERY hot which is why my 2011 S197 came with a short piece of rubber hose over it where you grab it. Have no idea why Ford stopped doing that but not a big deal to do yourself. Not sure why things like this are so polarizing. Nothing wrong with having struts (aka slave to marketing and group think). Nothing wrong with using a prop rod (unsophisticated rube). :wink:

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
It's cooler than the Mach E
That's in the dictionary as an example of the definition for "damn with faint praise."

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
When I press again "Max defrost" to turn it off. It goes back to what it was.
I remembered to try this on my drive in this morning and it works on both the max defrost and defrost buttons. Great tip that I didn't know about.

Sponsored

ranjeetsodhi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ranjeet
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible premium
A nearly brand new Mustang GT premium convertible's interior (with 3K miles) should not creak and sound like a beat-up rental.
At $50K, one expects the same quality as a MB E class or BMW 4 series (both cost the same at approx 50K).

1Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt Convertible
I can think of 10 things, all nitpicky of course in under 10 seconds. But my biggest beef with Ford is the ultra modern prop rod that is such a superior item that it simply hasn't changed much since 1965! How much do 100k decent quality hood lifts cost in bulk? Add $10 to the price of the build of our cars? Nah, never mind, Ford's gotta at least leave one thing for the aftermarket to make a mint on instead of passing along the extra $10 cost to us. Let's hear yours...come on, rant on! I know ya wanna....
I got 24.8% off my Mustang but can tell you DEPRECIATION will be the worst thing.

Bear

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Before now, my '18 was pretty good with rattles & squeaks but lately a couple have popped up and it's really annoying. My 2011 Mustang GT took longer before it had any rattles.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Indeed. Sixteen gallon tank on a five liter V8 doesn't look like a good idea to me. I wish we could upgrade the tank, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be possible. :frown:

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Indeed. Sixteen gallon tank on a five liter V8 doesn't look like a good idea to me. I wish we could upgrade the tank, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be possible. :frown:
400 mile range on a motorway trip is a realistic possibility. You will need a pee by then !

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I got 24.8% off my Mustang but can tell you DEPRECIATION will be the worst thing.
Yeah, I get the experience of buying brand new, the first owner, etc., I've done it several times - however, I was more than happy to go very-lightly-used this time around and not feel that depreciation burn as bad.

Trailer hitch, some hose, a pump and this:

upload_2020-1-25_7-29-26.png

You'll be all set, 260 extra gallons, range extended to over 4000 miles :D

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
400 mile range on a motorway trip is a realistic possibility. You will need a pee by then !
Yeah, maybe, under the most optimal circumstances and if you don't drive too fast. But in town I doubt I'll be able to get more than 150 miles from one fill-up to the next. Which means I'll have to keep an eye on the fuel gauge and to pay the gas station a visit every five days or so.
Sure, I can live with that, but it would be nice if I didn't have to. I would gladly trade, say, the twelve-speaker Bang&Olufsen audio system for a twenty-two gallon fuel tank, if given the option.

Trailer hitch, some hose, a pump and this:
:D :thumbsup:

Johnnyracer222

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP 6 speed
The worst thing?

Salty, sandy winter roads north of Boston where I live. But once spring arrives, I'll forget I have an F150 daily driver and be able to experience the Coyote 5.0 everyday :)
Sponsored