Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
For those that hate Doug...

Cliff notes.

Tiny trunk. Terrible visibility. Kiddding...kind of.

Seriously though, much prefers the GT350.
Try to find more negative reviews. You are doing great for the community Doug must be thinking outside the box giving an 8 score for the handling of the ZLE. The guy is really special
Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
SHOW ME THE SLIP!!!
BTW I just have to tell you I find it hilarious that the guy who has been screaming "show me the slips" this entire thread has been making runs on his Dragy and sharing them on instagram. In fact the only "slip" you have a picture of in the last 3 years isn't even from your car. The hypocrisy is hilarious here. Please tell me more about how these GPS devices aren't useful.

upload_2020-1-24_14-47-2.png

upload_2020-1-24_14-48-27.png

upload_2020-1-24_14-48-50.png

upload_2020-1-24_14-51-48.png

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
And we're off!
download.jpg

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
And we're off!
download.jpg
Hate to burst your bubble but this is where I check out of this thread. Guy undermined himself with 5 pages of "show me the slip" and "gps numbers aren't real" and yet the guy has runs all over his IG of him using a GPS timing system that's less accurate than the industry standard V-Box that he's been shitting on this entire time.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Try to find more negative reviews. You are doing great for the community Doug must be thinking outside the box giving an 8 score for the handling of the ZLE. The guy is really special
He gave the ZLE, the GT500 __and__ the ZR1 all 8s, with the GT350R getting a 9. His isn't just about some kind of purely instrument tested numbers, but how it feels, how easy it is to access all of the car's capability, how it transfers into the driving experience.

Doug is awesome, been following him for years (way before I owned my first Mustang). He wasn't even negative, loved some of the aggressive styling, thought it performance great, and sure, pointed out a few things like the silly AC controls and the absurd trunk, while still emphasizing for a track car, it's an incredible bargain. It matched total Doug Score of the GT500 too, WTFE do you want?

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Hate to burst your bubble but this is where I check out of this thread. Guy undermined himself with 5 pages of "show me the slip" and "gps numbers aren't real" and yet the guy has runs all over his IG of him using a GPS timing system that's less accurate than the industry standard V-Box that he's been shitting on this entire time.
You didn't - it's not that serious, not to me anyway. But rest assured VOODOO will come back with something to state his case - it's the inter-web :crazy:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Well we know that all the c/d editors drive all the cars at lightning lap, but you're right in that there are numerous variables. I pointed this out to say that we have the following three tests so far.

1. ZL1 1le beats GT500 CFTP around glorified autox track
2. GT500 CFTP barely loses to GT3RS around actual race track
3. ZL1 1le loses to GT3RS around actual race track

Given 2 and 3, it makes me question the validity of 1 and only makes me more upset at the poor comparison test they did and the lack of a real head to head track test between the two on the same day.
What they showed was crappy for multiple reasons IMO. He drove one lap? One lap? Maybe that was just a "dramatization"? One lap the tires aren't warm, the brakes aren't warm, you don't know how the car will behave on each turn. He complained about the launch on the Camaro, but yet it was the only one that he tried to do a hard launch with.

Welcome to magazine bench racing. Variables like that play into almost every single test they run and the same goes for the dragstrip with precious time slips. Unless you're willing to stay there all day and run at the perfect time, there will always be the potential for better numbers.
Agreed. Especially the "road course" auto-x part of the test was more of a coin flip than a real test. I believe that the Challenger might be slower than the other two cars, and I believe that the car with 100 tread life tires should be fast on a very tight course, but the way they presented it didn't lend confidence to the numbers.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
BTW I just have to tell you I find it hilarious that the guy who has been screaming "show me the slips" this entire thread has been making runs on his Dragy and sharing them on instagram. In fact the only "slip" you have a picture of in the last 3 years isn't even from your car. The hypocrisy is hilarious here. Please tell me more about how these GPS devices aren't useful.

upload_2020-1-24_14-47-2.png

upload_2020-1-24_14-48-27.png

upload_2020-1-24_14-48-50.png

upload_2020-1-24_14-51-48.png
60-130 is not a 1/4 mile, and show me ANYWHERE that will allow a dragy or vbox submission (did u know vbox is one the most inaccurate gps) to count for the 1/4 mile.

Ill wait

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
It really should get moved to the vs subforum. I think there’s more Camaro guys posting here than the Camaro forum!