OP

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Hey BmacIL, I'm looking for the quietest 3" cat-back. I was just about to order the Krona. My current setup is: Stainless Power Catted Headers + Ford Racing Touring exhaust + Borla 60561 Resonator (this setup has a point that's 2.25 at the front of that resonator). It's VERY QUIET. I road-coarse the car and my local track (Waterford Hills) has a pretty strict sound limit. I really want to go full 3" without getting tossed off the track.

I've been told the Solo XV is quiet but clips of that exhaust kinda sound weird (fluttery).
Did you listen to my video? I have MBRP 3" catback, catless headers and the 60661 Borla resonator and it sounds perfect. Catted headers will make it a smidge quieter.
Sponsored

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Did you listen to my video? I have MBRP 3" catback, catless headers and the 60661 Borla resonator and it sounds perfect. Catted headers will make it a smidge quieter.
Good call man. Yeah, I'm leaning toward some catback + 60661 Borla resonator.

OP
OP

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
What did you have to do to make it fit on the mbrp?
Took it to a shop. They cut the front of the h pipe, attached the resonator. They did have to cut the little square piece on the MBRP H pipe because the pipes didnt line up with the exit of the resonator.

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Took it to a shop. They cut the front of the h pipe, attached the resonator. They did have to cut the little square piece on the MBRP H pipe because the pipes didnt line up with the exit of the resonator.
Oooh okay. So they basically just had to separate the two pipes by cutting the squares and then were able to place them where they needed to. Planning on doing it myself. How much did they charge you for install?

OP
OP

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Oooh okay. So they basically just had to separate the two pipes by cutting the squares and then were able to place them where they needed to. Planning on doing it myself. How much did they charge you for install?
I think it cost me like 50 bucks plus the cost of the parts which I already had (resonator and clamps)
Sponsored