Who will swap for the new 7.3 V8!

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
That’s fine. So put this thread in a Fox body forum. This is a S550 forum. Unless you’re putting one of these monsters in your S550 forgetaboutit!!!

:devil::bandit:

I just think it's hilarious that people are this passionate about a damn engine and how you will "destroy" the S550 by swapping this thing into it even though it's lighter than a predator...

Someone will do it. And it will be pretty damn cool! And it would also be pretty damn cool if they did a Boss 429 like they did the 302 in 12-13.

Now time to go find myself a wrecked S550 and a 7.3l Godzilla....
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That’s fine. So put this thread in a Fox body forum. This is a S550 forum. Unless you’re putting one of these monsters in your S550 forgetaboutit!!!
Nowhere did I say that I was going to, or want to......

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Nowhere did I say that I was going to, or want to......
Sorry, wasn't responding directly to you. Shouldn't have used your quote. Regardless, or is the irregardless?, after 210 tiring pages this thread was brought back from the dead after 5 months because of a Fox body video. That's all i meant.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Sorry, wasn't responding directly to you. Shouldn't have used your quote. Regardless, or is the irregardless?, after 210 tiring pages this thread was brought back from the dead after 5 months because of a Fox body video. That's all i meant.
Because it's relevant to the discussion. It was revealed in the comments that this engine is no where near as heavy as some thought it would be.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
I find it quite amusing that people are trying to dictate what can or can't be discussed.

Hint: unsubscribe from this thread if you don't like it. Sorry that not every one sees things your way.

:devil::bandit:

I just think it's hilarious that people are this passionate about a damn engine and how you will "destroy" the S550 by swapping this thing into it even though it's lighter than a predator...

Someone will do it. And it will be pretty damn cool! And it would also be pretty damn cool if they did a Boss 429 like they did the 302 in 12-13.

Now time to go find myself a wrecked S550 and a 7.3l Godzilla....
Would be very cool indeed.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Somebody will do this swap.

Engine height is what I expect is going to cause the most trouble. That's a tall engine, with a fairly deep sump and heads that look at least as tall as OHC heads would have been. Just not as wide.

Norm

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Somebody will do this swap.

Engine height is what I expect is going to cause the most trouble. That's a tall engine, with a fairly deep sump and heads that look at least as tall as OHC heads would have been. Just not as wide.

Norm
I doubt it will be much of an issue. The real question is going to be the oil pan and cross member clearance. A GT500 hood should clear the engine no problem.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I find it quite amusing that people are trying to dictate what can or can't be discussed.

Hint: unsubscribe from this thread if you don't like it. Sorry that not every one sees things your way.

Would be very cool indeed.
Falcon, we’re just having fun. Anybody can discuss whatever they want. If you haven’t been following this thread, many members have asked for it to be nuked numerous times. :like::rockon::handshake:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Toasty bottom much?

I have every expectation that someone will do the swap. That people are trying to minimize/deny the geometric constraints and vehicle dynamics impacts is the part that is idiotic. It's going to take a lot of hack and whack, far more than say, an LS swap, and no one except for $$,$$$ build drag people will have any interest in it. Oh, also people denying how basic physics works (S550 being traction limited so a big lump of low end torque being useless for a street car). Ask all the guys with PD blowers...they need drag radials to use any of it below 4th gear.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Toasty bottom much?

Oh, also people denying how basic physics works (S550 being traction limited so a big lump of low end torque being useless for a street car). Ask all the guys with PD blowers...they need drag radials to use any of it below 4th gear.
:idea:

What you just wrote sounds like a classic muscle car to me.... Would be a perfect fit for a Boss 429 recreation... That car was terrible in handling and had no traction but it was a "true" muscle car.

In all seriousness though, the engine in its current form would not be a good fit. But with a more aggressive cam/cam targeted at hp instead of low to mid range torque and an intake to match, we might be getting closer to something that makes some sense.... I am really interested to see what the actual dimensions of this engine are.... If it fits in the Foxbody, I cannot imagine it having to much issue fitting in an S550 with something like the GT500 hood for good measure...

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Toasty bottom much?

I have every expectation that someone will do the swap. That people are trying to minimize/deny the geometric constraints and vehicle dynamics impacts is the part that is idiotic. It's going to take a lot of hack and whack, far more than say, an LS swap, and no one except for $$,$$$ build drag people will have any interest in it. Oh, also people denying how basic physics works (S550 being traction limited so a big lump of low end torque being useless for a street car). Ask all the guys with PD blowers...they need drag radials to use any of it below 4th gear.
I don't expect a swap anytime soon....at least not one involving a perfectly good coyote. With that said, I fully expect someone to put this in a salvage S550....one where the engine and transmission was stolen or destroyed.

As for drag radials, that comes with the territory. I ran drag radials daily on my foxbody rain or shine with no issues.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I don't expect a swap anytime soon....at least not one involving a perfectly good coyote. With that said, I fully expect someone to put this in a salvage S550....one where the engine and transmission was stolen or destroyed.

As for drag radials, that comes with the territory. I ran drag radials daily on my foxbody rain or shine with no issues.
Yeah, but OP just wanted to cruise around on street tires. More aggressive gearing would fix his ailes.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I would rather see Ford keep the current Mustang platform and use the money thus saved and offer more special editions and spend money on an aluminum block 7.3 V8 engine that could be used in an Mustang , F-150, Raptor, and the new Bronco. A GT500 hood on a 7.3 Liter V8 Mustang would be so right.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I would rather see Ford keep the current Mustang platform and use the money thus saved and offer more special editions and spend money on an aluminum block 7.3 V8 engine that could be used in an Mustang , F-150, Raptor, and the new Bronco. A GT500 hood on a 7.3 Liter V8 Mustang would be so right.
Bronco won't even have a V8, so keep dreaming.
Sponsored