Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
Registered for the one day event on July 28-29 with my wife (guest driver.)

Does anyone know which track configuration they are running at Charlotte?
Sponsored

Last edited:

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Is the 1 day course worth it? If never going to track my car, Im a spirited street driver.

Thanks guys.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Is the 1 day course worth it? If never going to track my car, Im a spirited street driver.

Thanks guys.
Hi Evan,
Well you're in PA so at most it will cost you a short flight and an overnight fairly low cost room....and either a rental car or some shuttle/uber trips.
I know what you're saying - I myself find it to be excessive but some of it really was a good pushing of limits to really get a feel for them. Best parts for me - the instructor critiquing (feedback is good) - unfortunately its towards the end of the day. And the ride along with the instructor driving will blow your socks off if you're only a spirited but mostly cautious street driver (like I consider myself). Doing laps & pushing may or may not be your thing - I found it challenging getting comfortable so I started getting frustrated & my back was nagging at me to do less.

Just noticed you bought an R - you kinda have to go ;-)
All in fun

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

Thanks guys.
It was legitimately one of the top 10 coolest experiences I've had so far. It is not only the track driving, but the whole phenomenon, such as the sight and sound of 18 GT350's rolling out of the paddock. Truly a thing to behold.

FYI before I attended Track Attack I also did not think I would ever track the car. That changed quickly :like:

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks guys.
I'd recommend it, as said by others:

I'm a street driver
I like to have fun but not a track driver

All and all with flight/hotel and rental car with food. I had $500.00 in a weekend of fun in Utah so I would recommend doing it just for the experience you gather and what you learn in the actual driving school.

Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
"Free Track Day" is ALWAYS a good thing

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
Since i
I've asked them a few times and got a different answer each time. I think we'll have to wait to see the early attendees' videos.
Hopeful that we get to run up on the banking. The full infield course by itself is kinda "meh."

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys, so the 2nd day is just more track time. Does anyone think the 1 day course gives enough seat time to be more comfortable driving this beast on the street?

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Thanks guys, so the 2nd day is just more track time. Does anyone think the 1 day course gives enough seat time to be more comfortable driving this beast on the street?
The early part of the 1st day is the more the street relatable skills - like autocross. The rest of the 1st day and all of the second is about more about road course performance - if you drive that way on the street you're a fool. So its a good opportunity to push things legally. Getting more out of that 2nd day depends on you....and possibly the weather. Its on track & then in class alternating all day so you do get a chance to ask a lot of questions, try things, and follow up. People in our group were focusing on one issue to work on, different for each person, and that seemed right. Someone who has experience or talent will pick up faster. I'm not one of those people but I know it and set my expectations accordingly (low).

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
The early part of the 1st day is the more the street relatable skills - like autocross. The rest of the 1st day and all of the second is about more about road course performance - if you drive that way on the street you're a fool. So its a good opportunity to push things legally. Getting more out of that 2nd day depends on you....and possibly the weather. Its on track & then in class alternating all day so you do get a chance to ask a lot of questions, try things, and follow up. People in our group were focusing on one issue to work on, different for each person, and that seemed right. Someone who has experience or talent will pick up faster. I'm not one of those people but I know it and set my expectations accordingly (low).
Thanls for your view on this event. Im still undecided.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
I am Sept 30th to Oct 1st

Anyone else?
Sponsored