Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
@JSmoove

Thanks for the welcome, ya once the weather picks up we should get a little something together for a day, like a burgers and cruise. You guys will have to show me the good roads around here where we can streach our legs out a bit :wink:
If you really want to stretch your legs, just hop on I90! lol. 4 lanes of wide, straight concrete. I do all my datalogging on I90 just east of the Randall toll booth.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
@Jeff's FRC

Ya the 90s a given but I know the sheriffs like to hangout alot over there. I ment like some back roads in between towns with halfway decent roads with less of a police presence, like some unincorporated area.

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
@Jeff's FRC

Ya the 90s a given but I know the sheriffs like to hangout alot over there. I ment like some back roads in between towns with halfway decent roads with less of a police presence, like some unincorporated area.
Head North. Lots of local back roads to play on. If you want a killer drive, head up towards New Glarus, WI. TONS of back roads. I usually head in a direction and see where it takes me.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
ladies and gentlemen of IL... our fine state just keeps getting better. Please note section (d) that went into effect on 1-1-20. I know a lot of us have tinted headlights or taillights, myself included.

(625 ILCS 5/12-212) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 12-212)
Sec. 12-212. Special restrictions on lamps.
(a) No person shall drive or move any vehicle or equipment upon any highway with any lamp or device on the vehicle or equipment displaying a red light visible from directly in front of the vehicle or equipment except as otherwise provided in this Act.
(b) Subject to the restrictions of this Act, flashing lights are prohibited on motor vehicles except as a means for indicating a right or left turn as provided in Section 12-208 or the presence of a vehicular traffic hazard requiring unusual care as expressly provided in Sections 11-804 or 12-215.
(c) Unless otherwise expressly authorized by this Code, all other lighting or combination of lighting on any vehicle shall be prohibited.
(d) No person shall drive or move any motor vehicle or equipment upon any highway with any lighting or combination of lighting with a smoked or tinted lens or cover.
(Source: P.A. 101-189, eff. 1-1-20.)

Sponsored

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rum_punch_ruby

Thanks for the info, I always thought that law was in effect already. I would assume the tint vinyl from AM would be fine as my tail lights are still bright as fuck. I think this is going to pertain more to the assholes with the dark spray painted ones, but doesnt mean a cop cant still fuck with you for vinyl.

In glad their focused on the important needs of the state!

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going in for emissions testing soon and was wondering if the lund FF tune will pass Illinois standards. Still have cats, stock IM with imrc, only thing added are lu47s and currently on the FF tune for winter.

Idc about swapping back the stock injectors and flashing the stock tune, but would rather not waste time if it's not needed.

So anyone have a similar build that passed or failed?

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i would think you will be fine. if you don't pass for some reason you'll get a printout of why and then you can adjust accordingly if needed.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
If you dont pass, shoot me a message and Ill point you in the direction that involves not needing to even take an emissions test...lol

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The only reason you wouldn't pass, @ChiTownStang26, is if any one or combination of these is true:
1. You have OBD monitors not ready
2. You have monitors turned off in the tune by Lund (unlikely)
3. You have active fault codes

Sponsored

Simon.V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT
Spring is almost here!

Is anyone aware of mustang weekly/monthly meet ups?

Do we have any frequent members that do track days? Suggestions on certain websites/locations to start out?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Spring is almost here!

Is anyone aware of mustang weekly/monthly meet ups?

Do we have any frequent members that do track days? Suggestions on certain websites/locations to start out?
TSSCC.org
Chicago Region SCCA
MVP Track Time

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
I'm doing a track day with Northwoods Shelby Club in June at The Autobahn Country Club. Should be fun . Last time I was there I drove a GT3 RS. Will be interesting to see how I do in the Mustang.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There is a C&C in Homewood and another up near Libertyville that I'm aware of once season starts. I'll be out early and as often as possible to have it visible (will be for sale).
Sponsored