Bigheadz64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang 5.0
Evening all I hope your all well.
I’ve now had the mustang about six months now and I’m starting to get to a stage where I will want to add some small additions to the car.
The first will be adding an H pipe. Can someone point me in the direction of a garage in SE UK that I can take it to to have it done? I know it’s quite easy to do on your own but I am not the most practical person in the world lol
The price of an H pipe alone is about £200, how much would fitting cost?

also who on here actually informed their insurance of installing an H or X pipe? Is it seen as a modification worth mentioning to insurance?

many thanks in advance
Steve
Sponsored

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Every modification, even changing badges and small things like that should be mentioned to insurance.

What they decide to do about said info is different between insurance companies.

Some will ignore smaller mods, but at least you have told them, only larger mods that increase performance might make a difference to your premium, but even then some companies will not increase premiums even for increased performance mods.

Some will increase premiums for even the smallest mod.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I informed my insurer of exhaust change and there was no difference in premium.

GT101 are very good, highly recommended.

OP
OP
Bigheadz64

Bigheadz64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang 5.0
I, going to call the insurance tomorrow. when they ask about the modification what do I say an H pipe install is? Is it the resonator delete? Is that basically the exhaust silencer?

I’ve managed to find a steela approved installer about an hour from me. £400 all in seems quite reasonable.

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
I declared my H pipe install to my insurer (A Plan Thatcham Branch) and they didn't charge me a penny. Not even an admin fee for reissuing the docs !

Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
I, going to call the insurance tomorrow. when they ask about the modification what do I say an H pipe install is? Is it the resonator delete? Is that basically the exhaust silencer?

I’ve managed to find a steela approved installer about an hour from me. £400 all in seems quite reasonable.
What?! so that’s £200 for the pipe and £200 for an hours labour??!!! It seriously doesn’t even take an hour to do so that is a ridiculous price.

OP
OP
Bigheadz64

Bigheadz64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang 5.0
What?! so that’s £200 for the pipe and £200 for an hours labour??!!! It seriously doesn’t even take an hour to do so that is a ridiculous price.
I didn’t know it only took an hour? Yes that is quite steep so I will take a look around for someone else. The pipe is £200.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
I didn’t know it only took an hour? Yes that is quite steep so I will take a look around for someone else. The pipe is £200.
it’s literally undo the two clamps on the original pipe at the front, cut the two rear pipes, then clamp the H pipe into place with 4 clamps. I work at a Ford main dealer and we charged about £75 last time we fitted one!

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I was charged about £50 for cat back install

Sponsored

harmzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
would recommend these guys had mine done about 9 months ago think it was 275 all in

Perfect Touch Performance Ltd
Unit 1
Hannah Nursery
London
E4 7RG

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
I informed my insurer of exhaust change and there was no difference in premium.

GT101 are very good, highly recommended.
+1 for GT101 - great prices & service as well as a great place to wait while your car is being worked on.
They supplied and fitted my h-pipe for just over £240.

Benno

OP
OP
Bigheadz64

Bigheadz64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang 5.0
would recommend these guys had mine done about 9 months ago think it was 275 all in

Perfect Touch Performance Ltd
Unit 1
Hannah Nursery
London
E4 7RG
They quoted me £430 which I find strange? I’ve ordered it off steeda and found redline American in Kent. They have good reviews

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
They quoted me £430 which I find strange? I’ve ordered it off steeda and found redline American in Kent. They have good reviews
Dunno if there is a branch of Formula 1 near you, but I had a catback installed along with a Boomba transmission bracket and it cost me £50. Took them under an hour.

mad murph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Fighter Jet Grey Mach 1
Another recommendation for GT101 near Colchester. Only garage I'll trust with my car. Dave & Lee are great guys!
Sponsored