Sponsored

Tow Hooks - GT500 Have Them

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I spoke with Grimm Speed Cust. Rep. yesterday about the Relocation Plate Bracket and they said that they did NOT have a compatible part that would fit the Mustang Set-Up. So whats up?
They probably don’t have any idea what’s on the GT500....:blush:
I think its interesting that the details Noah provided are European-like numbers. So I’m guessing they copied the RS setup.
Sponsored

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
They probably don’t have any idea what’s on the GT500....:blush:
I think its interesting that the details Noah provided are European-like numbers. So I’m guessing they copied the RS setup.
I had asked them if the Focus was compatible with the Mustang, they said no. But is that the correct set-up that is pictured on the Shelby, and if fact is the same as the FOCUS?

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had asked them if the Focus was compatible with the Mustang, they said no. But is that the correct set-up that is pictured on the Shelby, and if fact is the same as the FOCUS?
I’m hoping @the5 will let us know what his set up is. It certainly looks like the Grimmspeed version. But want confirmation before I spend the $$.

Last edited:

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I’m hoping @the5 will let us know what his set up is. I certainly looks like the Grimmspeed version. But want confirmation before I spend the $$.
You & I both, but again when I told them how many people were interested in a Mustang/ Shelby application they were going to make their design people aware cause a lot of $ can be made on that project.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Threads are the same. Ford minimized cost by designing an arrangement that could utilize existing hardware, namely the hook. I believe at least ~10 iterations were tested. Ford has their own group that validates items/designs such as this. Crazy thing is that even the people that worked on this (or some of them anyway) weren't certain this would reach production as it was long after this was submitted that Ford finally confirmed that the GT500 would have a front tow hook.

Still have yet to confirm if there is now one beam assembly between the GT500 and the GT350 in 2020...

Sponsored

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Threads are the same. Ford minimized cost by designing an arrangement that could utilize existing hardware, namely the hook. I believe at least ~10 iterations were tested. Ford has their own group that validates items/designs such as this. Crazy thing is that even the people that worked on this (or some of them anyway) weren't certain this would reach production as it was long after this was submitted that Ford finally confirmed that the GT500 would have a front tow hook.

Still have yet to confirm if there is now one beam assembly between the GT500 and the GT350 in 2020...
Sounds good to me, so they are 1 in the same. So what is it like to pray for an early Spring, It's killin' me.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
To be clear, the arrangements are different. A given Focus RS hook/plate holder may not have the optimum length to it for the best fit on a GT500. Hopefully, the distance between the bung and the face of the bumper cover is close between the two.

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
To be clear, the arrangements are different. A given Focus RS hook/plate holder may not have the optimum length to it for the best fit on a GT500. Hopefully, the distance between the bung and the face of the bumper cover is close between the two.
Will wait till I hear the final report.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool.
I have Legion of Merit plates on other cars. Texas gives free car registration for life for each medal.
Here in San Antonio, we also get free parking at the airport and all city owned garages (which is most of them). Free registration is a good deal, but the free close-in airport parking is a really good deal!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Cool.
I have Legion of Merit plates on other cars. Texas gives free car registration for life for each medal.
Here in San Antonio, we also get free parking at the airport and all city owned garages (which is most of them). Free registration is a good deal, but the free close-in airport parking is a really good deal!
You got me there. All I get is maybe not getting pulled over.

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
The GrimmSpeed front plate holder works perfect.
5021EA4F-4D7C-4C41-94A5-925BE2E987C8.jpeg
F13EA1BF-30F6-46A1-A59A-6D80D7600D64.jpeg
Well that is good news, I ordered this product early Sat. in the AM. Was hoping that I made the right call, from all that I see in these posts I did. Thanks to all. Chris