Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
Roll racing is not just a Mustang thing. Corvettes, Hellcats, Camaro's, Supras, etc, etc, etc. It's all over social media/Youtube. Not saying I condone it but if this place makes you feel like you are having a stroke then maybe stick to the Camaro forums? Although I am quite sure you have Camaro owners who "like to race in Mexico" too.
It's more the leap from 'it doesn't count if you don't have a time slip/prepped surface' to 'GT500 best roll racer evar'.

Roll racing (imo) was popularized by the FWD import crowd. Couldn't hook from a dig so might as well start the 'race' while you're already moving. Wasn't trying to imply it's a Mustang thing, I'm well aware that owners of all makes and models partake.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
God this place makes me feel like I'm having a stroke sometimes. Are they handing out time slips in 'MeXiCo' now? Or are they racing for pink slips like all the cool kids?

Keep it on the track

Inked61654311_1075253205999492_1083843415281500160_o_LI.jpg
Looks like DCTC to me. :like:

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like DCTC to me. :like:
It is. Was actually look at the midwest track schedules today. Probably going to hit up the first day at BIR and at least one weekend at Road America, just trying to figure out which one.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Driver Can't Take Corners?

Yeah, I'd buy that ...
Well, it might look to someone who doesn't know the track that there's a cone at the apex and he missed the apex, but DCTC is a very small track and that cone is at the end of a decreasing radius corner. I wouldn't judge based on what I see in the picture. Frankly I hate that corner - it's not easy to get it right.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
Driver Can't Take Corners?

Yeah, I'd buy that ...
Well, it might look to someone who doesn't know the track that there's a cone at the apex and he missed the apex, but DCTC is a very small track and that cone is at the end of a decreasing radius corner. I wouldn't judge based on what I see in the picture. Frankly I hate that corner - it's not easy to get it right.
Stupid toilet bowl. Cone is definitely not marking an apex. That's heading in to the very sharp left turn so I'm trying to keep to the right. But I never claimed to be a pro driver.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Stupid toilet bowl. Cone is definitely not marking an apex. That's heading in to the very sharp left turn so I'm trying to keep to the right. But I never claimed to be a pro driver.
Just tell people you super early apex to keep things interesting.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Makes sense to me. Try to maximize the "somewhat straight" before the toilet bowl and maximize the straight after the left turn you have coming up.

*snort*

I wasn't even assessing the driving skill/line, just being a PITA :D
Based on knowing you, I was about 80/20 that you were actually kidding. I figured it wouldn't hurt this thread at all to talk about something a little different for a couple posts, though.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I postulate that cars are just the modern-day male plumage. It's no longer in vogue to wear frilly silk shirts, meticulously shined leather shoes with mirror-like buckles, a tri-corner hat with an parrot feather, nor ride a well-groomed horse. Heaven forbid the plumage catch stray rubber, gravel or suffer a chip in the paint.
Hilarious - thanks!

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
This dude is literally Blaqhole.
I am guessing roll racing. Where it seems a lot of the racing is happening on social media.
LOL, it was just me hypothetically guessing.
Hopefully they show on YouTube the whole process when the “Mexican” authorities arrests them and seize their cars for racing.

I never understood adults with families doing this. Too much to risk and lose IMO in a ton of different areas.
There are some pretty popular Youtubers who do this too. Some videos with millions of views. I am pretty surprised they have not made an example or Youtube allows these types of video to remain up and generate income. They do it to get hits and ultimately money. If the money stops many of the videos would stop. Or if some of them had their cars impounded and licences revoked.

It is what it is, but definitely not just a Mustang thing.
It's more the leap from 'it doesn't count if you don't have a time slip/prepped surface' to 'GT500 best roll racer evar'.

Roll racing (imo) was popularized by the FWD import crowd. Couldn't hook from a dig so might as well start the 'race' while you're already moving. Wasn't trying to imply it's a Mustang thing, I'm well aware that owners of all makes and models partake.
you guys are hilarious. I guess you were not aware Im literally the pioneer of roll racing at strips and legal venues.. huh.. yes, roll racing has been going on forever, however taking it a legal venue, and setting up equipment to gather and capture technical data, and YES, EVEN PROVIDE SLIPs.. is kinda my thing lol. again, you guys never research what you are arguing about

and FYI, im talking with IRRA now about possible collaborations..

buy hey, you guys do you lolololol

https://www.slipstreamre.com/

https://www.facebook.com/SlipStreamRE/

https://www.instagram.com/slipstreamracingevents/

in short, i modified my car, to do what I like to do with it.. If i wanted to go to a rodcourse, i would buy another E92 M3 DCT :)
Sponsored