Sponsored

Buying from out of state dealer

1Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt Convertible
fly up there, drive it home.
Agreed, I flew 250 miles last week to buy a new Mustang; the key is it must be new so Ford can play a role in fixing any issues you find.
If it's used, you are on your own for rust, dents etc.

Bear
Sponsored

hperea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've found the ideal mustang for the best price from a dealer in a different state.
Specifically koons ford in VA I believe. They seem to have the best priced listings so far.

How would I go about purchasing this vehicle?
Can I have the car shipped to the local ford dealer here in FL?

Any advice is appreciated!
Please let us know what you finally did. I am thinking about doing something similar and wanted your experience to guide me somehow.
Thanks

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
I used the pricing from the out of state dealer to get a good deal on a local car. The price difference ended up far less than the cost of a plane/train ticket and gas and tolls for the drive home.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If Koons is being difficult, try Sheehy or better yet Lindsay (Wheaton MD). The 3 Koons (don't forget Baltimore) sites generally have good selection. Ted Britt and Cowles also have surprising deals from time to time.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
I live in TN, but bought my car in Chantilly VA at Ted Britt Ford. Saved $7500 over having my local dealer get the car for me. It was very easy. I contacted them through their Website and asked for the price. A salesperson (Faith) at Britt got back to me and asked me what my desired price was out the door so that she wouldn't waste my time. I gave her the price I wanted and she texted me back about a half-hour later with a picture of a deal sheet. I flew in the next morning to Reagan, Ubered to the dealership, signed the papers and drove it 7 hours back to East TN.

I used their finance dept, but could have used my bank. They handled the forms and TN state taxes and sent me the permanent TN Plates via Fedex two weeks later. I was in the dealership for about an hour.

It really couldn't have been easier. This was all back in October. Ted Britt gave me a great price. If you are shopping around, give Faith at Ted Britt in Chantilly a call!

Sponsored

hperea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I have a question related to this topic...
If I buy a car from an out of state dealer, in case of repairs, who is "responsible " for those repairs? Is it the out of state dealer I bought the car from or the dealer where I reside with the car?
Trying to educate myself here. Thank you guys

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
if it's new, Ford aka any dealer. If it's used has factory warranty it's Ford aka any dealer. If there is no factory warranty anymore and the dealership has one of those "cost sharing, limited liability notices" then you're going to have to deal with the original dealership. If the latter, I wouldn't buy it without having a trusted/independent mechanic give it a thorough going over.

hperea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
TBD
if it's new, Ford aka any dealer. If it's used has factory warranty it's Ford aka any dealer. If there is no factory warranty anymore and the dealership has one of those "cost sharing, limited liability notices" then you're going to have to deal with the original dealership. If the latter, I wouldn't buy it without having a trusted/independent mechanic give it a thorough going over.
Thank you so much!! Good to know.
Sponsored