Sponsored

To tune or not to tune (tuning by James tune)

Eight5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I have the tune loaded and ready to go in my programmer but now having second thoughts. The Bullitt has close to 10,000 miles so is still under all factory warranties. It’s just my last 2014 GT was modded to hell and created a lot of headaches but was faster than the Bullitt once I got it all sorted out.

I love the Bullitt but can’t help to think how much better it will be with this tune from James. What would you guys do? Any of you have this specific tune?

I have read a few posts in here of guys having engine issues with their stock Bullitt so worries me a bit.
Sponsored

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
Here is how I see it. A beautiful car is like a beautiful women. Am I going to wait around and not get it when the opportunity presents itself because I want to preserve her for later or am I going to jump in it when ever I get a chance and have as much fun and if I keep her forever be happy? I say tune it. If you don't trust your tuner get a more trust worthy tuner.

OP
OP
Eight5.0

Eight5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Brian, that’s my thought process right about now lol

if I’m going to be paying for this car I want to enjoy it to the fullest.

As far as the tuner I trust him more than anyone else. He is the tuner for Steeda. Spoke with him over the phone, knowledgeable and nice guy.

Schwerin, how many miles you got? How many until you feel like it’s safe?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

As far as the tuner I trust him more than anyone else. He is the tuner for Steeda. Spoke with him over the phone, knowledgeable and nice guy.

I'm only at 2400. I drive dail,y but rarely get to go far. Sucks.

I'm going to wait till I have about 3 years under my belt on her. Till then I'm focusing on suspension, gearing, and small appearance things. The fact there are very few e85 stations near me also makes me hold off. Maybe in 3yrs it will be more viable in my area. Luckily Evolution and Lund are both super short drives from me so I have easy access to both.

Sponsored

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I'm only at 2400. I drive dail,y but rarely get to go far. Sucks.

I'm going to wait till I have about 3 years under my belt on her. Till then I'm focusing on suspension, gearing, and small appearance things. The fact there are very few e85 stations near me also makes me hold off. Maybe in 3yrs it will be more viable in my area. Luckily Evolution and Lund are both super short drives from me so I have easy access to both.
Oh, you doing the E85 tune. Unfortunately where I live those E85 stations are few and far between. I can respect that you want to wait. You know, the thing is when you learn your car stock it's easier to know when something is wrong after it's been modified. Have fun and drive her hard. If something breaks during the warranty that could be a good thing. New and improved parts maybe.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)

Does this tuner do email tunes, if so how much does it cost and also can you put me into contact with him?

OP
OP
Eight5.0

Eight5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Brian, he does both. He emailed it to me because he is 9 hours away from where I live. The tune he is sending me is specifically for a 19 Bullitt not just for a 19 GT. He says a lot of tuners don’t take advantage of the GT 350 manifold, intake and TB that comes with the Bullitt and thus leave some Horses on the table. They just send you their standard 19 GT tune and call it a day. That’s why I trust him. The tune he sent me was done on 2 different Bullitts and 2 different Dynos so it is refined.

if you have the programmer already it’s only $200. If not total you will be around $600 for programmer and Tune

Schwerin he is looking for someone to do an E85 tune on in person if you are in Florida. He thinks he can get 500rwhp with just E85.

he is awesome. Here’s his info.

Tuning by James
(407) 744-1881
[email protected]

You can look him up on Facebook too. Also do YouTube search and you will see both Bullitts he tuned. One gets 455rwhp and the other gets 475rwhp with just a tune. 475 one was on a mustang dyno

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Brian, he does both. He emailed it to me because he is 9 hours away from where I live. The tune he is sending me is specifically for a 19 Bullitt not just for a 19 GT. He says a lot of tuners don’t take advantage of the GT 350 manifold, intake and TB that comes with the Bullitt and thus leave some Horses on the table. They just send you their standard 19 GT tune and call it a day. That’s why I trust him. The tune he sent me was done on 2 different Bullitts and 2 different Dynos so it is refined.

if you have the programmer already it’s only $200. If not total you will be around $600 for programmer and Tune

Schwerin he is looking for someone to do an E85 tune on in person if you are in Florida. He thinks he can get 500rwhp with just E85.

Tuning by James
(407) 744-1881
[email protected]

You can look him up on Facebook too. Also do YouTube search and you will see both Bullitts he tuned. One gets 455rwhp and the other gets 475rwhp with just a tune. 475 one was on a mustang dyno
I appreciate it. I don't have an 18 or 19 I have a 15 GT. So hopefully he can still help me out.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase

Tuning by James
(407) 744-1881
[email protected]
I'm your huckleberry! I'm in north FL, Jacksonville area. Are you up this way? I assume James is in south FL? Email tunes are fine, but I'd much rather have him do it hands on. I'm like the OP, want to wait but deep down I know I can't. My Bullitt just rolled 1400 miles and I've already: MGW shifter, Borla switchback Xpipe, Steeda stop the hop kit, BG trans and dif fluids, and more.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Jorden, one simple question. Can you afford to pay out of pocket for "any" repair Ford refuses to cover under warranty because of the tune? I'm not just talking about a new $5k engine but anything powertrain related. If you can go for it. If you can't, don't. I'm sure James' tunes are great but if you are the one with trouble no-one else on here is going to donate to your repair fund. Well Ok, maybe Schwerin :)

OP
OP
Eight5.0

Eight5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Jorden, one simple question. Can you afford to pay out of pocket for "any" repair Ford refuses to cover under warranty because of the tune? I'm not just talking about a new $5k engine but anything powertrain related. If you can go for it. If you can't, don't. I'm sure James' tunes are great but if you are the one with trouble no-one else on here is going to donate to your repair fund. Well Ok, maybe Schwerin :)
not the answer I wanted Bikerman but I appreciate you being the responsible one and talking sense into me lol

OP
OP
Eight5.0

Eight5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I'm your huckleberry! I'm in north FL, Jacksonville area. Are you up this way? I assume James is in south FL? Email tunes are fine, but I'd much rather have him do it hands on. I'm like the OP, want to wait but deep down I know I can't. My Bullitt just rolled 1400 miles and I've already: MGW shifter, Borla switchback Xpipe, Steeda stop the hop kit, BG trans and dif fluids, and more.
Yeah man, I’m over here in Tallahassee. What’s the stop the hop kit for? You had any issues or CEL since the mods?

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah man, I’m over here in Tallahassee. What’s the stop the hop kit for? You had any issues or CEL since the mods?
No cel's. The stop the hop kit from Steeda consists of subframe braces and subframe bushing supports. Also installed differential lockout bushings. Those mods help eliminate the wheel hop the IRS cars suffer from when hard launching. Might have been Steeda's site or BMR's, but there is a gopro video that shows just how much the rear dif and cradle move around with the factory rubber bushings, which is what causes the wheel hop. The car feels extremely tight from the factory and even more so after the install.

OP
OP
Eight5.0

Eight5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
No cel's. The stop the hop kit from Steeda consists of subframe braces and subframe bushing supports. Also installed differential lockout bushings. Those mods help eliminate the wheel hop the IRS cars suffer from when hard launching. Might have been Steeda's site or BMR's, but there is a gopro video that shows just how much the rear dif and cradle move around with the factory rubber bushings, which is what causes the wheel hop. The car feels extremely tight from the factory and even more so after the install.
I’m down for any mod that helps keep the power on the road. Sounds like a nice addition. I’ll have to check into it.
Sponsored