Setting the vert for road racing and drag racing

Derek's GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I've added a BMR K brace, and it has a strut tower brace. I've ordered the Steeda jacking rail, and SR lowering spring. Eventually ill get struts, shocks and better sway bars. Has anyone completely added all suspension bolt ons to their Vert?
Sponsored

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
I didn't get the car until the weather had turned so can't really comment on how much any has helped. It does feel much stiffer from a chassis standpoint, however. Below are the mods I have done for chassis/suspension.

J&M Jacking Rails, Steeda dual rate MagneRide ultimate handling springs, Steeda rear control arm spherical bushings and IRS alignment kit, Steeda G-Trac Extreme K-member brace, and Steeda vertical links.

OP
OP
Derek's GT

Derek's GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
I didn't get the car until the weather had turned so can't really comment on how much any has helped. It does feel much stiffer from a chassis standpoint, however. Below are the mods I have done for chassis/suspension.

J&M Jacking Rails, Steeda dual rate MagneRide ultimate handling springs, Steeda rear control arm spherical bushings and IRS alignment kit, Steeda G-Trac Extreme K-member brace, and Steeda vertical links.
Very nice set up! Have you considered SCCA? I did solo events when i had a 95 M3. I might give it a try.

Sigster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
I've added a BMR K brace, and it has a strut tower brace. I've ordered the Steeda jacking rail, and SR lowering spring. Eventually ill get struts, shocks and better sway bars. Has anyone completely added all suspension bolt ons to their Vert?
I did the Steeda "Comfort suspension" which completely changed the way my 2018 GT vert drives. Lowering springs and new shocks/struts. No need for anything else if you are not racing it. The only thing I'd do different next time - 3/8 inch spacers on the rear springs so it doesn't drop as much as the front. Lots of weight in the back of our cars, and the spacers in my opinion would give the car a better stance.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
Very nice set up! Have you considered SCCA? I did solo events when i had a 95 M3. I might give it a try.
I don't know what I am going to do...I keep having delusions of grandeur. I think I want to put a mild blower on it, so I wanted to try to get ahead of wheel hop. I suspect if I do I will be kicked off the local 1/8th on my first run because I don't have a cage.

I don't think I would go as far as SCCA, but would like to do some open track days...where I will probably be kicked out too for not having a cage.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Derek's GT

Derek's GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
I don't know what I am going to do...I keep having delusions of grandeur. I think I want to put a mild blower on it, so I wanted to try to get ahead of wheel hop. I suspect if I do I will be kicked off the local 1/8th on my first run because I don't have a cage.

I don't think I would go as far as SCCA, but would like to do some open track days...where I will probably be kicked out too for not having a cage.
Im looking at finding a 4point cage. Also looking a rear seat delete. Know of any?

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Full suspension on my Steeda White Carbon Edition Q500 -

• Steeda Pro-Action Performance Tuned Struts & Shocks (Fixed)

• Steeda Billet Aluminum Front Sway Bar Mounts

• Steeda Billet Aluminum Rear Sway Bar Mounts

• Steeda Adjustable Rear Toe Links

• Steeda Billet Aluminum Vertical Links

• Steeda Extreme G-Trac K-Member Support Brace

• Steeda Strut Tower Brace

• Steeda Bump Steer Kit
  • Steeda Camber Plates

• Steeda Billet Adjustable Rear Camber Arms

• Steeda Rear Control Arm Spherical Bearings

• Steeda Dual Rate Springs
It handles phenomenally ... the car was good without the upgrades, now, its a beast!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_124b8.jpg

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
If you’re getting serious about either, get a 4 or 5pt harness to strap into. It’ll keep you from sliding when you shouldn’t be :)

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
Is there somthing out there that will hold you in a factory seat, that doesn't require a bar across the back?

Sponsored

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
I did the Steeda "Comfort suspension" which completely changed the way my 2018 GT vert drives. Lowering springs and new shocks/struts. No need for anything else if you are not racing it. The only thing I'd do different next time - 3/8 inch spacers on the rear springs so it doesn't drop as much as the front. Lots of weight in the back of our cars, and the spacers in my opinion would give the car a better stance.
When you say it changes it, what do you mean? Seeing I bought a convertible I don't' expect it to be incredible at cornering but if it can handle better while staying comfortable it is something I may look into eventually as well.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Is there somthing out there that will hold you in a factory seat, that doesn't require a bar across the back?
look into a Schroth QuickFit Pro Harness. Think this is what you’re thinking of.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
look into a Schroth QuickFit Pro Harness. Think this is what you’re thinking of.
That is exactly what I was hoping to find! If/when I go with a roll bar I will go with a traditional setup, but was hoping to find something for the interim. Thanks!

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
Argh! They say specifically on their site they don't work with 2018 mustangs! WTH!?

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Argh! They say specifically on their site they don't work with 2018 mustangs! WTH!?
I’d call and ask? I personally haven’t used it (I use a bar) but I’ve seen guys at Autocross use them and that’s where I first saw em a couple years back.
Sponsored