Sponsored

Anyone mount VMR/ Verde wheels onto a s550 Mustang GT with 15" Brembos?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I am having a set of 19" VMR wheels made for my 2019 Mustan g GT PP2. Both the PP1 and PP2 have the same 15" Brembo brake setup.

They are asking me for measurements to determine if their rims, I selected the V710, will fit or not.

Anyone have any measurements or access to a brake template they can send me?

If you have ever mounted VMR or Verde rims(I think they are the same), let me know which model you installed.

Thanks

Frank
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
VMR is going to make me a V710 front tire rim for my PP2 in 19 x 9.5 22mm offset (as desired) for my winter use. They are custom cutting the rim such that the center bore is 70.5, 5x114.3 lug spacing with acorn 60 deg seats for the lug nuts. With the 60 degree seats, I can use the same type of acorn lug nut that either comes from the factory or replace them with aftermarket acorn lug nuts. Either way, I will only need a single type of lug nut. There were some questions about fitment issues and after taking some measurements , we are nearly 100% sure they will fit. I wanted to verify before sending all 4 wheels so they were kind enough to make a single front wheel up and send it to me to test fit. If this proves to fit, my snow pony will have a new set of boots!! I went with a 9.5" width wheel because it can fit a range of tires from 245 to 275. If all goes well, I will have all 4 wheels before the new year.

wish me luck!!

Frank

OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
For those who are interested, the VMR V710 19x9.5 ET22 fit over the 15" Brembos. I places a towel over the brakes to protect the rim. From the close up shots, there is plenty of room,

IMG_7137.JPG
IMG_7139.JPG
IMG_7140.JPG
IMG_7141.JPG

OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
to avoid a restocking fee (20%), I only had them make one wheel and hold the rest of the order. VMR (through Urotuning.com) cut the center bore to 70.5 and drilled the lug seats to match the 60deg acorn OEM lug nuts so no adapters or different nuts were needed. The center bore is very tight and needs to be wiggled to get in place. Other than that, it is perfect.

Since I had a PP2, I wanted to get as close to stock offset as I could. I ordered 19X9.5 ET22 for the front and 19X9.5 ET45 for the rear. They do stick out a little in the front but not as bad as stock since these are 1": narrower than OEM wheels.

IMG_7143.JPG

IMG_7148.JPG

I think the ET45 will be perfect in the back also being 1.5" narrower will help. Track lengths front and rear will remain largely unchanged. Will post photos when I move my winter tires to these wheels.
This is the ET22 mounted on the rear. Remember the ET45 will be 22mm( almost an inch) further into the wheel well.
IMG_7147.JPG

then again, I always liked the PP2 stance.

Now to wait for the other three

OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Finally got the 19" VMR V710 wheels in and mounted.

Wheels are:
Fr: 19 x 9.5 ET 22
Rr: 19 x 9.5 ET 45

The lug pockets are about 32mm and the factory lug nuts are 30mm so they fit, but just barely. You need to make sure that everything lines up perfectly or else you will mark up the pockets. My tire dealer did a great job mounting them. I think I will look for a set of small diameter lug nuts from CJ Pony parts or a splined set.

I tried to get as close to stock PP2 offset (fr: ET24, Rr: ET48) as I could. With the front being 1" and the rear 1.5" narrorwer than stock, the extra 2-3mm less offset would push the tire out of the wheel wells but the smaller width places them perfectly, to me.

This will be my Winter wheel setup with a set of 275/35R19 Blizzak LM-32 on them. They look much better on the 9.5 width rim than the OEM wheels. OEM wheels will be my summer set.

IMG_7165.JPG
IMG_7168.JPG
IMG_7170.JPG
IMG_7177.JPG

OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I did not love the fit of the OEM lug nuts and sprung for a set of Gorilla 41148HT lug nuts for these wheels. These wheels have a 0.92" lug seat diameter which matches these lug nuts perfectly. The OEM wheels have a larger 1.2" lug seat and by the manufacturer's recommendations, should not be used with them. they indicated that the lug seat on the wheel needs to be completely covered by the lug nut for proper fitment. CJ Pony sells them as small diameter lug nuts and wrongly indicates they can be used on OEM wheels that have a 1.2" wide seat according to Gorilla.
Sponsored