Sponsored

ChuckScherr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang; (2) 2019 F250 Diesel Lariats; 2020 Shelby GT500 on order
Called Ford Performance yesterday and NOPE NOPE NOPE damn no VIN for me.
Me neither.. Be lucky to get a march build now
Just curious what FP told you; I was told to maybe call back in a month and hopefully they would have more information. Have to admit that isn’t too encouraging and eliminates me from the MMC.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Just curious what FP told you; I was told to maybe call back in a month and hopefully they would have more information. Have to admit that isn’t too encouraging and eliminates me from the MMC.
I was told no Vin still unscheduled and I said I’ll call back in February.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I was told no Vin still unscheduled and I said I’ll call back in February.
Under normal circumstances, the first indication that a VIN is in your future is a status of Unscheduled/Clean. Normally a VIN is issued shortly after you receive that status.

I check for new VINs everyday and I was expecting more last week after the batch on 01/16 , but that didn't happen. I will report when I see any new ones.

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Hi Chuck, looks like we're the only Iowa guys on the site waiting for vins. The car that arrived at Grainger Ford went right back to MI.
That was a long ride for nothing. I think my color selection may have jinxed me, not many kona blue cars have been built.

Sponsored

ChuckScherr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Under normal circumstances, the first indication that a VIN is in your future is a status of Unscheduled/Clean. Normally a VIN is issued shortly after you receive that status.

I check for new VINs everyday and I was expecting more last week after the batch on 01/16 , but that didn't happen. I will report when I see any new ones.
Thank you and I’m happy to read that you got your VIN...you definitely deserve it and I know we all can’t thank you enough for your time and dedication.

I do have a question and I try to stay current on the forum but if this has already been addressed then I apologize. I know there are no guarantees during this process, until you take delivery. But I see orders from late last fall and even into this year. Does this mean Ford hasn’t hit the 5,000 in allocations or do they continually accept orders (except for CFTP) and then pick which ones they will build. For instance is it feasible they will have DORAs on 7,000 vehicles and only issue VINs for 5,000
Hi Chuck, looks like we're the only Iowa guys on the site waiting for vins. The car that arrived at Grainger Ford went right back to MI.
That was a long ride for nothing. I think my color selection may have jinxed me, not many kona blue cars have been built.
I’m wondering the same thing; I’ve seen a lot of Rapid Reds so I wondered if that was working against me. Funny cause Kona Blue was my second choice and I was about to ask the dealer next week if my color selection needed to change. Hopefully we get some good news here soon and get our cars in time to enjoy a full season.

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Thank you and I’m happy to read that you got your VIN...you definitely deserve it and I know we all can’t thank you enough for your time and dedication.

I do have a question and I try to stay current on the forum but if this has already been addressed then I apologize. I know there are no guarantees during this process, until you take delivery. But I see orders from late last fall and even into this year. Does this mean Ford hasn’t hit the 5,000 in allocations or do they continually accept orders (except for CFTP) and then pick which ones they will build. For instance is it feasible they will have DORAs on 7,000 vehicles and only issue VINs for 5,000

I’m wondering the same thing; I’ve seen a lot of Rapid Reds so I wondered if that was working against me. Funny cause Kona Blue was my second choice and I was about to ask the dealer next week if my color selection needed to change. Hopefully we get some good news here soon and get our cars in time to enjoy a full season.
All 5000 allocations have already been promised to dealers. It is up to ford when they can use that allocation. No new ones will be given out.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
A lot of these late orders you see are (from my experience talking to dealers) either the dealers modifying their existing stock order (this is my case), waiting until Ford actually tells them they can use their allocation or just not placing their order until they had a buyer. Not every dealer had to place their order in July...

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
A Kona Blue Base was delivered at my local dealer (not who I ordered mine from) 3 weeks ago that sold for 20k over, so I’m not sure there is a rhyme or reason to anything with this process.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
I do have a question and I try to stay current on the forum but if this has already been addressed then I apologize. I know there are no guarantees during this process, until you take delivery. But I see orders from late last fall and even into this year. Does this mean Ford hasn’t hit the 5,000 in allocations or do they continually accept orders (except for CFTP) and then pick which ones they will build. For instance is it feasible they will have DORAs on 7,000 vehicles and only issue VINs for 5,000.
There could be 7,000 orders in the Order Bank, but Ford will only issue as many VINs as they have allocated. The way things are going, there may not be enough time in this MY to produce 5,000 GT500's. They got off to a pretty rocky launch and I hope they will be able to meet their goal.

Sponsored

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
There could be 7,000 orders in the Order Bank, but Ford will only issue as many VINs as they have allocated. The way things are going, there may not be enough time in this MY to produce 5,000 GT500's. They got off to a pretty rocky launch and I hope they will be able to meet their goal.
Im really curious what will happen if Ford can’t meet their promised allocations considering the money dealers were forced to pay to be in the program. Especially if a dealer doesn’t get their only allocation that was promised. That’s going to leave a bad taste in customers mouths as well.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Im really curious what will happen if Ford can’t meet their promised allocations considering the money dealers were forced to pay to be in the program. Especially if a dealer doesn’t get their only allocation that was promised. That’s going to leave a bad taste in customers mouths as well.
I don't really know, but would assume the dealer would be given a 2021 allocation and hopefully an early VIN. It would be interesting to see how they would handle changes in the order if other colors and options were available in the 2021 MY

ChuckScherr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Not just a bad taste but how about zero confidence in MY2021. As a consumer what confidence would we have in transferring our deposit to 2021 (because they couldn’t meet 2020’s allocations) and then waiting again for 8-10 months on our “order” not knowing if they will accept and build it or if they are even capable of producing it? My gut tells me the next 30 days is going to tell us everything we need to know. At that point there will be no more excuses other than failure to execute.

69mussl

Ordered 10/15/19
Colorado
Base, Rapid Red, Black Stripes, Tech Package
Unscheduled/Material Hold

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
Not just a bad taste but how about zero confidence in MY2021. As a consumer what confidence would we have in transferring our deposit to 2021 (because they couldn’t meet 2020’s allocations) and then waiting again for 8-10 months on our “order” not knowing if they will accept and build it or if they are even capable of producing it? My gut tells me the next 30 days is going to tell us everything we need to know. At that point there will be no more excuses other than failure to execute.
Two step process if they try and pawn off a 2021 allocation.

1.) Get deposit back.

2.) Go car shopping for a non Ford 80K+ Vehicle.
2021 C8 after the bugs are worked out, Cayman GT?

Does anybody on earth know the rhyme and reason of how cars get advanced for a VIN?
I envision a monkey throwing darts at a poster with 5,000 orders. Nah, even that doesn't explain it...
Sponsored