Mikasa5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello I was wondering has anyone ever had the On 3 kit ? That’s what kit I’m wanting to go just want some more information before buying like have u experienced any problems and how reliable I’ve seen a lot of good reviews and some iffy ones.

-BTW I’m new so hello all
Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Welcome, If you have the skills to correct some minor fitment issues its a good kit. If you are expecting Procharger level of fitment ease, its not for you.

OP
OP
Mikasa5.0

Mikasa5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome, If you have the skills to correct some minor fitment issues its a good kit. If you are expecting Procharger level of fitment ease, its not for you.
I would be taking it too a guy I know and I’m sure he could do something about that do u know what in specific has some fitment issues. And thanks

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
I haven't done any research on the S550 kit but on the S197 kit there were issues with turbo mounting flanges, downpipes, the ABS fittings. Do some searching and read some build threads and you'll get a good idea of what to expect.

OP
OP
Mikasa5.0

Mikasa5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't done any research on the S550 kit but on the S197 kit there were issues with turbo mounting flanges, downpipes, the ABS fittings. Do some searching and read some build threads and you'll get a good idea of what to expect.
Ok thanks bro

Sponsored

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are ok with mounting your ECM and fuse panel under the passenger headlight than it's a decent kit. I sold the kit because I didn't like the ecm/fuse panel relocation into the elements. I don't really drive my car much and even rarely get caught in the rain. But that was a major issue in my mind. I may purchase their single kit once it's released.

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
Welcome to the Forum.
Checkout @mikem9890 ’s thread regarding a top mount on3 kit. He also has a YouTube channel where he is documenting the build. In this thread you will find a post pointing to Daryle Wengerd’s YouTube channel. He did an on3 top mount kit install video. He had issues with piping not clearing the cylinder heads (had to do some grinding on the engine in a few spots). He did drop the k member to do the install. I wouldn’t attempt this install on jack stand.

As far as the bottom mount kit goes I know of one installation story. He had issues with the intercooler mounting, with clearance between the k member and turbos, and with wastegates clearing the motor mounts. A tubular k member and aftermarket motor mounts remedied his issues.

To summarize: once the kit is installed and any minor clearance issues are remedied the kit performs as well as any kit costing 1.5-2 times as much. I personally would not do this install in my garage. Make sure the shop is aware of these issues and monitors for proper clearance(any contacting could cause false knock).

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Bang for buck, it can't be beat really.

But just to reiterate what everyone else said, whoever is installing the kit will need monk level patience.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
One of my friends locally does alot of the coyote mustangs in our area. We were talking about the on3performance kits. He used to run them and used to install them. I have no personal experience with the company myself so I can only relay what he has told me. He said get another product. He has since stopped because of fitment issues and customer support issues. He said after it's all said and done you better off spending a few grand more on a complete kit from a more reputable company. He said they had a few issues with the actual turbos as well. I know the guy really well grew up with him. I take his word for it. I'm not saying it's bad. I am just saying what I have been told by someone with lots of experience.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mikasa5.0

Mikasa5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you are ok with mounting your ECM and fuse panel under the passenger headlight than it's a decent kit. I sold the kit because I didn't like the ecm/fuse panel relocation into the elements. I don't really drive my car much and even rarely get caught in the rain. But that was a major issue in my mind. I may purchase their single kit once it's released.
Oh nah I don’t really like the sound of that that a little frightening

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
Oh nah I don’t really like the sound of that that a little frightening
I looked at a video on youtube showing the on3 kit install. Really think I'm just going to spend the money on the limitless fabrications twin kit instead. No oil lines.

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
I looked at a video on youtube showing the on3 kit install. Really think I'm just going to spend the money on the limitless fabrications twin kit instead. No oil lines.
Is it more feared to run oil lines vs coolant lines as in a lpf kit? From other comments I feel this is the consensus but don’t know why.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd have no issues with the oil lines, but I would remove the oil pan and properly install bungs. Tapping a thin oil pan is not my idea of a quality install.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I'd have no issues with the oil lines, but I would remove the oil pan and properly install bungs. Tapping a thin oil pan is not my idea of a quality install.
Oil lines aren't that important! 1 thread is plenty to keep them in tight and leak free!!!:devil:
Sponsored