/ thread. I’m tired

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don’t understand why so many of you are still hanging your hat on this ROUSH Phase 2. ROUSH is an inferior design compared to Whipple, VMP, Edlebrock PERIOD!

I want to run 10’s with a warranty. Should have got a Hellcat or a Camaro ZL1 in my opinion.

Dont know why you would want to spend $7-8k plus for a design that is severely flawed just to have a warranty.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I wouldn't go Roush just for the powertrain warranty....especially since I would only have one year. However, I can understand why the Roush might make sense for someone with a newer car who doesn't drag race.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
If...and this is admittedly a big if....an ice tank would solve the Roush heatsoak issue, the p2 kit might be a reasonable choice even for those of us who drag race.

The cost of the ice tank for the Roush is about the same as the cost of a custom tune for an Edelbrock or Whipple. In my opinion, each of the kits have a flaw that needs some sort of correction.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I had a Whipple installed a month ago. Very happy with it so far. It’s bonkers fast and since I have the stock exhaust I get to clearly hear the sc whine, which I wanted. Actually, I kind of knew this going in but these cars are almost too fast for the street to have a lot of fun, you get going way too fast way too quickly. And I’m too old to want to take chances with excessive speeding on the street. But it’s awesome just to know what the car is capable of even when puttering around town. I need to get out to the track...

Anyway, I went Whipple because after some research it’s clear they have a very advanced and highly developed canned tune...great power and drivability, and plenty of engine and cat protection features. I would have considered Roush seriously (engine safety is second in importance to me only after getting a sc in the first place) but my particular car can’t get Ph2 and staying carb legal on a canned tune, too many people are disappointed with the Ph1 tune. Edelbrock is pretty awesome but not their canned tune.

But that’s a gen2 Coyote. If I had a Gen3 I’d more seriously consider EB. It’s just unclear whether the 18+ Whipple is too risky. I wish Whipple would chime in here and comment, they used to be more active on the forums.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I wouldn't go Roush just for the powertrain warranty....especially since I would only have one year. However, I can understand why the Roush might make sense for someone with a newer car who doesn't drag race.
I don’t understand why so many of you are still hanging your hat on this ROUSH Phase 2. ROUSH is an inferior design compared to Whipple, VMP, Edlebrock PERIOD!

I want to run 10’s with a warranty. Should have got a Hellcat or a Camaro ZL1 in my opinion.

Dont know why you would want to spend $7-8k plus for a design that is severely flawed just to have a warranty.

Simply answer....

If u go to the track 3-4 times a year and are happy running (Hopefully P2) 10.70’s and don’t street race and want a warranty

Roush for the win

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I think some people like the simplicity of going to their Roush/Ford dealer, negotiating a price and have the kit installed without dealing with multiple vendors....one from whom to buy the kit, a second to install the kit and a third one for the tune.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

Most likely a red eye but you’re looking at a lot more money regardless. But I agree with your point if money isn’t as object. New car purchase of course.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I think some people like the simplicity of going to their Roush/Ford dealer, negotiating a price and have the kit installed without dealing with multiple vendors....one from whom to buy the kit, a second to install the kit and a third one for the tune.
This is THE EXACT reason why I went with Roush George. This is my second Roush car in seven years. The first one being a '13 GHIG Roush Stage 3 with the M6. This one had the 2300 TVS.
I want to purchase the car, fully done and just drive it. (I tried working with Lebonan Ford and another dealership which the names escapes me at the moment, at building a Mustang the way I wanted to from the wheels/tires up. They weren't giving me anywhere near what I got from the Roush dealership for trade, so I passed on that with the quickness. I wasn't going to give the car away for nothing. It was too nice.) I don't track/drag strip my car anyways, so I'm perfectly fine with it and it kicks ass on the street. Plenty fine with the A10 and 2650 TVS.

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

39k OTD brand new for my car with the Roush kit. Tell me where I can find a hellcat or zl1 for that price? I've roll raced both recently(60 to 140) and pull pretty good on the ZL1(current generation) last generation isn't even close. Hellcats are neck and neck and just depends who jumps first.This particular one has ran a 10.70.. Mine is updated LTR, Phase 2 tune and a $700 MBRP exhaust.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros

I agree but I'll expand your thought to any of these supercharges. Everyone wants an inclusive warranty, 750 HP, and for less than 10k.

There's a reason that the manufactures offerings in this range cost what they do. Theres a reason the manufactures offerings have 100's of lbs. worth of additional cooling.

There's no free rides out there folks.

Plenty of these kits are good for a street set up for folks who drive "normal" most of the time. Beat the tar out of it, tune in aggressively, or get bad fuel...good luck.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
39k OTD brand new for my car with the Roush kit. Tell me where I can find a hellcat or zl1 for that price? I've roll raced both recently(60 to 140) and pull pretty good on the ZL1(current generation) last generation isn't even close. Hellcats are neck and neck and just depends who jumps first.This particular one has ran a 10.70.. Mine is updated LTR, Phase 2 tune and a $700 MBRP exhaust.
Great example! Unfortunately, I decided not to install the kit I just acquired. After thinking about why I sold my Whipple (too much instant torque) and the slight but possible chance of me drag racing the car, I feel like a centri is more suited for me. The kit is up for sale in the classified forum for what I paid for it but I’m throwing in the phase 2 LTR for the new owner as a kind gesture.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
was yours the upgraded 750hp cal when you raced the hellcats and zl1?

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Great example! Unfortunately, I decided not to install the kit I just acquired. After thinking about why I sold my Whipple (too much instant torque) and the slight but possible chance of me drag racing the car, I feel like a centri is more suited for me. The kit is up for sale in the classified forum for what I paid for it but I’m throwing in the phase 2 LTR for the new owner as a kind gesture.
That's cool. Centris are fun and definitely have a totally different driving experience.. Way more character if that makes any sense? Good luck with whatever you decide to go with.