Dear Mustang Tire Snobs.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Wow, I go out for dinner (Italian if you were wondering) and this thread sure turned ugly. Apologizes to OP for possibly taking this thread in the wrong direction. It wasn't about the tires, per se, just the attitudes of some of the car hobby elite. To that end, all of us have opinions, sometimes very strong ones. And we are enthusiasts. Put those two together and you may hear some things you do not want too. Be it a car show, cars and coffee or this forum. And as OP said its not just tires. Of course there are options. Don't go where the snobs are. If you go don't talk to them. Or lastly go out and buy whatever they are fawning over and join them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I don’t know who downed you on this forum for your tire choices? Maybe you can point out a response that prompted you to make this thread? I buy the absolute best tire I can. I don’t make a thread about it. I just do it. Tires are the single most important part of the vehicle. It’s literally where the rubber meets the road. However even less expensive tires are decent tires. It’s your car and your money. I don’t understand the thread to justify a purchase. So maybe you can provide a link to where this forums members made comments that made you feel inferior? And then I’ll at least know who it was targeted at.
Are you even reading the original post? I never said anything you just did or implied it. Had nothing to do with the physical tires or their purchase . Had everything to do with some car peoples attitudes toward others .. go back and READ the original post . :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Are you even reading the original post? I never said anything you just did or implied it. Had nothing to do with the physical tires or their purchase . Had everything to do with some car peoples attitudes toward others .. go back and READ the original post . :)
You know it might just be your tires. :cwl::crackup::cwl::crackup:

square_tire_autoline_359d03a95084c93cdcabebf0ba3370abd05a1141.jpg

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Wait so you started a thread because you don't want to be trolled for having inferior tires that you think are great? This is stupid, but since I'm here, don't do that. If you want to feel happy about buying cheaper tires, more power to you. But don't expect others who know more than you simply tell you want you want to hear.

And don't ignore good tires. It's the only thing keeping you to the road. And if you plan on driving hard in any fashion, be safe out there and to others around you.
So 95% of the replies to my post have totally missed the point. So according to you and others the only tire in existence that anyone should buy period it Michelin? I never said anyone should buy cheap tires. And it's not about being trolled over so called inferior tires... my point was the Michelin elites tire snobs who treat anyone that doesn't buy the most expensive tire as if they are dirt. A tire does not have to be the most expensive or one singular brand to be good. My main point in the beginning was not only the elites snob attitude over tires but the over all shittyness of car people toward other car people. I just want to go to shows and meets and drives and not be hounded but self proclaimed experts on everything.

But peoples opinions are so overriding that they don't see the forest for the trees. Like this thread. There is only like 4 responses who got the point the rest all launched into who knows more about tires which is exactly what Im complaining about.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Wow, I go out for dinner (Italian if you were wondering) and this thread sure turned ugly. Apologizes to OP for possibly taking this thread in the wrong direction. It wasn't about the tires, per se, just the attitudes of some of the car hobby elite. To that end, all of us have opinions, sometimes very strong ones. And we are enthusiasts. Put those two together and you may hear some things you do not want too. Be it a car show, cars and coffee or this forum. And as OP said its not just tires. Of course there are options. Don't go where the snobs are. If you go don't talk to them. Or lastly go out and buy whatever they are fawning over and join them.
Thank you , this thread proved my point. see how ugly people are if you don't go buy what they buy!!!

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, OP there is but one way to be "happy" - it comes from within. If the locus of your self-worth is dependent on 3rd parties you will be permanently disappointed in your fellow man. The correct answer to "snobs" diss'ing you at cars and coffee is to raise the middle finger and not give a flying squirrel's hiney what anybody else thinks. If you understood that simple truth this thread would never have happened.

But the advertisers love you for the flurry of impressions you've launched.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
There are other good tires out there other than going broke buying Michelin ps4 or cup2 tires. Not everyone is or inspires to be a racecar driver. And for daily driving around town at speeds less than 50 MPH 90% of the time big fancy expensive tires are not needed. I say this cause more then once, basically every car meet, "what tires you got?" I honestly don't care. I think they are 297 r57/27 ws/400s rated for light speed...its like they are speaking code. But the second I don't say I have one of the 2 most expensive consumer tires I get shunned like I just said I have ebola. Guess what I have pzero nero tires I paid 150 each for and guess what they hold a corner, I don't lose traction and I don't have wheel hop. and they do just fine in freezing weather. Matter of fact i go on cruises with people who have the big fancy tires and guess what I keep up just fine and don't lose traction. I guess I get tired of the if you don't buy the most expensive of whatever it is elitism in these crowds, you are nothing. I mean yeah a good name brand tire, I wouldn't buy a walmart rabbit brand made by zippo tires. But perilli , firestone, and any other big brand company tires are just fine as long as proper tire for environment.

I say well I Have good tires and they are a 3rd the price... Then I get the whole well safety and blah blah blah blah... yeah cause the news and car scene are just full of people who just wreck the second they drive anything not made by Michelin. It's Not just tires. What gas you use/ oil/ if you don't use mobile 1 and top tier 93 ultra made of gold gas you are sent to the other side of the parking lot to think about your choices. just gets old...rant over LOL.
I have the general gmax as05 and love them. 5k in them, good traction, good wet traction, no road noise. Not expensive.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Where ever these cars and coffee tire snobs are. Their troll game must be on point. That they drive folks to complain about it here. Color me impressed.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
I've hydroplaned across 2 lanes of interstate before into oncoming traffic driving a small S10 back in the day. Scared the bejesus out of me
I had several S10 Blazers back in the day and they were definitely not good in the rain.

For what it’s worth, I still run the Pirellis that came stock. I never push the car on the streets so they are sufficient unless it actually gets cold. One day, I may try another flavor of tire, and that day is probably going to be a track day.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This whole thread.
FB_IMG_1579382645874.jpg
FB_IMG_1573665425770.jpg

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
We can all come up with a million reasons why we chose what we chose but I never judge a man on the shoes he wears when we are walking the same path as long as he gets there safely.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Firestone Indy 500s are excellent summer tires that are well priced.
Yep, doing these next time - to be honest, they were my first choice when I got my new wheels a few years ago, but at the time, all the 20" in 30-35 series were hard to find (I actually had an order for 500s that got cancelled due to lack of product from the manufacturer).

Anyway, yeah, 500s, awesome tire, not Michelin, ~$1K delivered to my door in my sizes (285/35-20, 305/35-20). Win - Win.

But don't expect others who know more than you simply tell you want you want to hear.
Are you telling me a Budweiser isn't as good as a Dogfish Head 90 minute?

F***ing beer snob.

:cwl:

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Firstly why are you going to car meets? Literally only douchebags looking for attention or douchebags looking to race go there...

Secondly, I have all seasons on my car, because I actually drive it and changing tires once per year got ridiculous.... I also used to drive the car hard and do track days and spending 1500 per weekend on tires got really old really fast...

So now I run A/S and it hasn't reduced performance significantly since these tires are so wide. The only thing that sucks about A/S is they are too loud and rough. I miss the smoothness of the summers
Sponsored