Sponsored

Magneride How to Tell

torroba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Looking at getting a used Bullitt and am interested in the Magneride suspension. In the absence of a window sticker, how can I tell if the car is so equipped? Thanks.
Sponsored

Royal crimson 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt, 2011 Ford Edge,2013 Ford Fiesta
Looking at getting a used Bullitt and am interested in the Magneride suspension. In the absence of a window sticker, how can I tell if the car is so equipped? Thanks.

I would call the local ford dealer with the vin# to check. It should not be hard to find out all the info in regards to options on the car .
Good luck

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
when you go into drive modes it will tell you what the settings are. if there is a suspension icon and it changes with drive modes then it has magneride
IMG_1537.jpg
IMG_1536.jpg

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Pull the wheel and look either for plastic ride height sensors or for a wire coming out of struts / shocks.

Sponsored

Buffalo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Open the hood. I thought the black rubber nipples on the shock towers indicated magnaride.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
I'm experiencing a different issue with magneride...

I just bought a used 2018 GT that shows magneride on the window sticker, VIN and physically but I don't get the shock indicator when switching modes...am I just missing something?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
What shock indicator are you looking for ? I don't have the digital dash, but the strut looks clearly like Magnaride one - and there isn't an independent suspension mode adjustment on a GT - it is hard-tied to the driving modes. Most importantly - you should easily feel the difference between Normal and Track.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
What shock indicator are you looking for ? I don't have the digital dash, but the strut looks clearly like Magnaride one - and there isn't an independent suspension mode adjustment on a GT - it is hard-tied to the driving modes. Most importantly - you should easily feel the difference between Normal and Track.

IMG_1536.jpg

when you go into drive modes it will tell you what the settings are. if there is a suspension icon and it changes with drive modes then it has magneride
Please see Louk's image and compare it to mine - notice how the bottom left of my dash has an empty spot, while Louk's has an extra icon?

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX

At 6:23 you can see his shock symbol, his is a 2018 GT. I thought at first it was something to do with Bullitt vs GT but that’s not the case.
Does yours have the performance pack?
My only guess is possible programming issue for the dash?

Sponsored

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT

At 6:23 you can see his shock symbol, his is a 2018 GT. I thought at first it was something to do with Bullitt vs GT but that’s not the case.
Does yours have the performance pack?
My only guess is possible programming issue for the dash?
My car is fully loaded...401A, performance pack 1, Magneride. Did you see my picture of the Magneride suspension on my car?

I am so confused about this; I was assuming programming issue as well. How does this even happen....

Dealers in my area also say I should bring the car in to check it and they don't provide loaners while they have my car. They provide rentals for $50 a day...hoping for a shuttle service maybe, or am I being too hopeful? I guess this is the usual ford customer treatment?

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Yes I did very odd, sometimes the dealer will have loaner just depends I know most have a shuttle service.
Sometimes your purchasing dealer will do free loaners.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I'm experiencing a different issue with magneride...

I just bought a used 2018 GT that shows magneride on the window sticker, VIN and physically but I don't get the shock indicator when switching modes...am I just missing something?

You state you bought the GT used.

Are you able to confirm that the digital dash was a factory option in your ride or was it added later by an Enthusiast? The digital dash swap is very popular and IF yours was a swap, it’s possible that the prior owner did not program the cluster properly. Check the stickied Digital dash thread in the interior sub-forum. Someone might be able to tell you how you can get the feature to display since it looks like your 2018 definitely has the MR suspension.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
You state you bought the GT used.

Are you able to confirm that the digital dash was a factory option in your ride or was it added later by an Enthusiast? The digital dash swap is very popular and IF yours was a swap, it’s possible that the prior owner did not program the cluster properly. Check the stickied Digital dash thread in the interior sub-forum. Someone might be able to tell you how you can get the feature to display since it looks like your 2018 definitely has the MR suspension.
Yes pretty sure - had my local ford dealership send me the window sticker based on the VIN on the door frame. But now that you mention it, original owner may have mentioned he had it added by the dealership - but wouldn't that mean that it wouldn't show up on the sticker though? This is indeed interesting....if it isn't programmed is the magneride even being used at all? Does it switch with modes or not at all?

My window sticker won't attach so I just pasted the link below:

https://imgur.com/nP2YWed

PeteS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - Orange Fury, Recaros, Magneride
Mine doesnt show the shock symbol either and that's a factory digital dash 2018GT with Magneride (albeit in Australia). It shows the active exhaust symbol on that screen and the others but no shock one. It has the height sensors etc underneath.
Sponsored