Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Pzeros are rock hard below 40.
Yes they are. But this is consistent with any summer tire. Have 5K on my Pzeros and still good. I do my homework and match tire to car and style of driving. Cost is not reliable criteria for a good product.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
You're right that a decent quality tire will hold decent grip and stop decently. The Michelin Pilot Sport 4S are great tires that hold great grip and great stopping power for a street tire. You're not likely to tell much of a difference at 6/10ths or somewhat spirited street driving between a decent tire and a PS4S. At higher than that, I'd think you'd start to notice the advantages of the better tire. Noise, turn-in, etc., you may be able to tell a difference without even pushing it. I bought the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for my winter tires (PS4S for summer) this year because I wanted the best all season tire and could afford it. That said, I also wanted as wide a tire contact patch as I could get in 275 width, and they are wider than the competitors. For example, the tread width of the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for a 275/40/R19 is 10.1". The Contintenal extreme all seasons in the same size have a tread width of 9.4", and the Yokohama Advan Sport are 9.0". Dunlop Signature A/S are 9.1", BFGoodrich Comp A/S are 9.6", Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS are 9.3". Pirelli P Zero Plus A/S+ are 8.9". The list goes on and none have a wider tread width than the Michelin. Some of the those tires are within $40 of the Michelin, too.

Since I will only use the A/S 3+ about 6 months out of the year, and don't do burnouts, etc., they should easily last me 6 or 7 years. 4 tires at $40 more than the others is $160 spread out over 6 or 7 years. That's like an extra $2 per month spread out, which is negligible, and worth it to me for the better tire.

Anyway, I won't look down on anyone who saved money and put decent tires on their car, to each their own.
Thanks for such a great reply. I do believe the way a car is driven also plays a factor . In your case yes the extra cost is worth it. And i can see weekend cars and summer cars going this route as well. But for people like me who daily the car and may put as many as 20k miles a year on it. A set of PZeros I can get local for 600 bucks compared to PS4S that run about 1200 plus a set. The performance difference isn't really that great one over the other for the cost.. If you look on tire rack in their ratings section the michelins and the p zeros are all the top three rated. I hold no ill will to anyone or their tire choices I guess that's why i get ticked off at others who have the Ricky Bobby mentality about car parts and tires. IM glad people love their tires My original complaint is about those who think they are superior somehow for choosing the most expensive tire. Like I said Ricky Bobby Mentality
first.jpeg

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Yes they are. But this is consistent with any summer tire. Have 5K on my Pzeros and still good. I do my homework and match tire to car and style of driving. Cost is not reliable criteria for a good product.
Yes Thank you. My point exactly but many think it is.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Stupid people say stupid things. Calling people snobs for wanting quality. Is well.......childish. Didn’t your daddy ever tell you. You get what you pay for?:facepalm:
Maybe re read my post. I didn't call anybody a snob for their choice of tire I called them a snob for downing other people for the other persons choice of tire.

Definition of Snob : A person who believes that their tastes in a particular area are superior to those of other people. AKA: Putting other people's tire choice down because it's not the most expensive one.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Thanks for such a great reply. I do believe the way a car is driven also plays a factor . In your case yes the extra cost is worth it. And i can see weekend cars and summer cars going this route as well. But for people like me who daily the car and may put as many as 20k miles a year on it. A set of PZeros I can get local for 600 bucks compared to PS4S that run about 1200 plus a set. The performance difference isn't really that great one over the other for the cost.. If you look on tire rack in their ratings section the michelins and the p zeros are all the top three rated. I hold no ill will to anyone or their tire choices I guess that's why i get ticked off at others who have the Ricky Bobby mentality about car parts and tires. IM glad people love their tires My original complaint is about those who think they are superior somehow for choosing the most expensive tire. Like I said Ricky Bobby Mentality
first.jpeg
You have a good point about yearly mileage. I daily drive my GT as well but only drive about 8k miles per year (my work commute is 22 miles round trip), so I'm not buying tires very frequently. If I was driving 20k miles a year, yeah, I'd probably go with a less expensive tire. The savings would be much more significant.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Maybe re read my post. I didn't call anybody a snob for their choice of tire I called them a snob for downing other people for the other persons choice of tire.

Definition of Snob : A person who believes that their tastes in a particular area are superior to those of other people. AKA: Putting other people's tire choice down because it's not the most expensive one.
I don’t know who downed you on this forum for your tire choices? Maybe you can point out a response that prompted you to make this thread? I buy the absolute best tire I can. I don’t make a thread about it. I just do it. Tires are the single most important part of the vehicle. It’s literally where the rubber meets the road. However even less expensive tires are decent tires. It’s your car and your money. I don’t understand the thread to justify a purchase. So maybe you can provide a link to where this forums members made comments that made you feel inferior? And then I’ll at least know who it was targeted at.

Last edited:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
In the last 15 years, I've had cars come with OEM Continentals (Passat and 335i), Pirellis (M235i), and Michelins (GT). I've bought replacement tires from Continental (Passat and 335i), Nokian (Passat), and Michelin (Passat, M235i, and Tacoma). This excludes snow tires, which are another matter entirely.

FWIW, I thought the Pirellis were mediocre, the Nokians drove well but wore badly, the Continentals had mixed results for noise and handling, and I've always ended up preferring Michelins.

YMMV

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Wait so you started a thread because you don't want to be trolled for having inferior tires that you think are great? This is stupid, but since I'm here, don't do that. If you want to feel happy about buying cheaper tires, more power to you. But don't expect others who know more than you simply tell you want you want to hear.

And don't ignore good tires. It's the only thing keeping you to the road. And if you plan on driving hard in any fashion, be safe out there and to others around you.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I like the ones Good year all season that came on my 20" wheels. They're 265 something 20's. They hold a turn decent but for daily driving and in the rain do really well. I'd hate to break loose in traffic in the rain with close to 400 lb ft in a 50k car. I do take it easy however and when approaching a puddle I kind of cringe. I've hydroplaned across 2 lanes of interstate before into oncoming traffic driving a small S10 back in the day. Scared the bejesus out of me

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hey OP, since you can't read properly...

These two things are not the same. One is a long-in-the tooth summer tire (Pzero) , and one is a mediocre all season (Pzero nero). You bought the latter. The former is what is on some sports cars. Pro tip: don't create purchase justification threads. Your decision is probably fine for someone who drives a car in a way that is unsporting at all.

FYI, skidpad G is very different from instantaneous G on your track apps. Before you try to sound smart, try understanding what you're looking at first.
pirelli_pzero_lg_super.jpg
61+BdXBdmEL._AC_SX466_.jpg
View attachment 428763

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The performance difference isn't really that great one over the other for the cost.
This seems a lot like a repeat of the "I try to save money on gas" thread. Why did you get a GT when the Ecoboost's performance difference really isn't that great over the other for the cost?

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
IM just gonna figure you are trolling at this point but just incase. Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Ferrari, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Lotus, Maserati, Mercedes, McLaren and Porsche. all come with pzero factory installed and you need to look up Mustang GT lateral G thresholds before you say .9 is nothing. Its not opinion its fact so....
How precious: World-class troller accuses someone with a legitimate viewpoint of trolling. This thread originated as a troll: "I'm not getting enough attention right now; I'll bring up a guaranteed controversial subject (and, not incidentally, demonstrate the superficiality of my knowledge of that and other aspects of car stuff and life in general)".

"Its not opinion its fact so...."

Dismissed.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I can affirm the Nero is a pretty crappy tire. But run the pressures a little low and it sucks a bit less.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I agree...hell come hang out with me I wouldn't make fun of you. Every body at those meets is trying to one up everybody else and it's an endless cycle. Just buy and enjoy what makes YOU happy and screw everybody else. That's my mindset anyways
you need better friends. Or better car meets. Or here's a thought - take the time spent yakking in a parking lot (regardless of feeling small) and go drive the damn car in the fabulous hills and twisty roads you have in every compass direction?

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I agree...hell come hang out with me I wouldn't make fun of you. Every body at those meets is trying to one of everybody else and it's an endless cycle. Just buy and enjoy what makes YOU happy and screw everybody else. That's my mindset anyways
you need better friends. Or better car meets. Or here's a thought - take the time spent yakking in a parking lot (regardless of feeling small) and go drive the damn car in the fabulous hills and twisty roads you have in every compass direction?
Sponsored