Sponsored

Looking to buy a Bullitt...Oh the Questions...

Terry W

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Sounds
I would say the reasoning why we are seeing discounts on the 2019 Bullitts now is because they are considered carryovers on their inventory sheets, I heard from someone claim dealers wont order 2020 Bullitts until they completely sell or thin out most of their 2019s..I'm not sure if this true I dont work at a dealership. But I can contest that there is alot of wiggle room on negotiating on the price dealers have on their Bullitts. My dealership took a loss on selling me a new Bullitt for 38k but they still make kickbacks. If you or anyone still set on a Bullitt I would search out a 2019 and heavily negotiate, get the new sells manager involved, get the GM involved and explain to them that's it's a carryover model, the depression hit is higher, ask how long it's been sitting at their dealership as ammo to help negotiating much lower and tell the dealer they still get kickbacks through Ford and financing.
Sounds right and good advice.
Sponsored

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Update: Test drove it today. Man is it a blast! Very different experience from my 16 GT Auto. Price not right yet. They want 46k and estimated my trade at 43k but their used car guy/trade in guy wasn't there today. Showed me the invoice price which was 49 and some change. Told him I know about kickbacks. They said they'd be willing to work with me to close the gap more if I decide to pull the trigger. I think it should be the other way around...me walking away with 3k in a trade. Car I drove was a K00070 which surprised me. They have another one that is K0001973 I believe which also seems kinda early.

Crazy discounts some of you report (especially the one from 52 to 38, that's almost 30%!! - dealer, please take my money!) and makes me worried about depreciation. No chance I can get near that in my region and also don't want to go on a scavenger hunt. Not sure how to move forward besides starting the haggling game...

Terry W

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Sounds like you have the upper hand. There was no haggling when I bought mine. It was sticker or no deal. Of course there were non available at that time. It looks like good things come to those who wait. Good luck.

Mustangmike87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 VW tiguan
Glad
Update: Test drove it today. Man is it a blast! Very different experience from my 16 GT Auto. Price not right yet. They want 46k and estimated my trade at 43k but their used car guy/trade in guy wasn't there today. Showed me the invoice price which was 49 and some change. Told him I know about kickbacks. They said they'd be willing to work with me to close the gap more if I decide to pull the trigger. I think it should be the other way around...me walking away with 3k in a trade. Car I drove was a K00070 which surprised me. They have another one that is K0001973 I believe which also seems kinda early.

Crazy discounts some of you report (especially the one from 52 to 38, that's almost 30%!! - dealer, please take my money!) and makes me worried about depreciation. No chance I can get near that in my region and also don't want to go on a scavenger hunt. Not sure how to move forward besides starting the haggling game...
Glad to hear you like the Bullitt during the test drive. I wouldnt set your expectations and experience on just that particular dealership. Invoice price means absolutely nothing any dealership will gladly sell you any car at invoice theres still thousands in profit at invoice. I went and talked to 5 different dealerships before I finally got one that gave me what I wanted. The dealership I bought mine from for 38k they used dealer coupons to get to my numbers. Dont give up and talk to a different dealership or find one that is hungry for sells. Its definitely a good time to snag a 2019

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Sounds like you have the upper hand. There was no haggling when I bought mine. It was sticker or no deal. Of course there were non available at that time. It looks like good things come to those who wait. Good luck.
Not sure if you could call it upper hand but apparently better situation now then a year ago. I guess Ford overproduced and people weren't willing to pay MSRP or over if they could get a somewhat similar GT for thousands less. You paid the early adopter premium to be able to enjoy the car sooner. Who knows if the wouldn't have made a 2020 model. Whatever it will end up being if I go through with it, I could not discuss what I paid vs. prices a year later or so

Sponsored

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Thanks for your feedback and congrats, you definitely got an insanely good deal! Comparing rolling up your sleeves and spending quite a bit of time on getting the right deal to saving thousands sounds like a no brainer but I don't think I could do it.

Terry W

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Another
Not sure if you could call it upper hand but apparently better situation now then a year ago. I guess Ford overproduced and people weren't willing to pay MSRP or over if they could get a somewhat similar GT for thousands less. You paid the early adopter premium to be able to enjoy the car sooner. Who knows if the wouldn't have made a 2020 model. Whatever it will end up being if I go through with it, I could not discuss what I paid vs. prices a year later or so
Another reason I decided to order and not wait was due to The ones coming in were with standard seats and electronic package. I wanted neither. Recaro seats and no extra bells and whistles. Most want the electronic pkg. I did not.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Totally understandable. You wanted it then, spec'd to your liking, and it could have been a 2019 only production run. Enjoy it and don't look back. Your configuration is as bad ass as the car itself. I plan on switching the rear derklink panel for a plain black one with the crevices but without the faux gas cap or any lettering.

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
I picked up mine in November from a non local dealer. MSRP was $51,880 and out the door from the dealer (I paid taxes/registration in my state) was $41,800.
Yep I had a similar deal. It worked out nice and they gave me a good trade in for my GT.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Yep I had a similar deal. It worked out nice and they gave me a good trade in for my GT.
I'm still trying to make a deal. Basically stuck on a number which doesn't yet work for me. Almost seems like they - for whatever reason - cannot (or don't want to) go below their offered price. Maybe some prerequisite to be able to receive kickbacks? No idea. Dealer is sitting on several 2019 Bullitts. I would think they are getting more and more desperate to sell. Starting to consider getting a used 2019 GT Premium with 3-5k miles on it for at least $12k less and be done with it. But kinda want a Bullitt :-( I will keep trying to push for a better deal I guess...

Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
I'm still trying to make a deal. Basically stuck on a number which doesn't yet work for me. Almost seems like they - for whatever reason - cannot (or don't want to) go below their offered price. Maybe some prerequisite to be able to receive kickbacks? No idea. Dealer is sitting on several 2019 Bullitts. I would think they are getting more and more desperate to sell. Starting to consider getting a used 2019 GT Premium with 3-5k miles on it for at least $12k less and be done with it. But kinda want a Bullitt :-( I will keep trying to push for a better deal I guess...
Hi - As a senior citizen looking back over the years I can honestly say that most of my purchasing regrets are not what I bought, but rather what I didnā€™t buy whether it was antiques, cars, houses or whatever... Bruce

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
Are you in a hurry to buy? If not let it sit on the lot for a month or so. Let them come to you because they will.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Hi - As a senior citizen looking back over the years I can honestly say that most of my purchasing regrets are not what I bought, but rather what I didnā€™t buy whether it was antiques, cars, houses or whatever... Bruce
True. Just really torn about the "upcharge".

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Are you in a hurry to buy? If not let it sit on the lot for a month or so. Let them come to you because they will.
Not exactly in a hurry...but my trade-in will keep depreciating (rapidly) at the same time. Thinking about going there Friday (31st) and see if they budge.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Starting to consider base 18s with low miles. They can be had for in the mid 20s. that's about a 20k price difference. Thought of the Bullitt as my keep-long-term car but don't really trust myself. Am on vehicle number 3 within 5 years :facepalm: I'm a hot mess.
Sponsored