Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think Roush May have been on a very sticky tire with this times

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
He’s on the west coast, the shop he used only did the killer chiller that he ordered, and the new short block after it broke, only after KC sent him a better unit did he jump ship on the older version of the chiller, actually 5 bar welded up the leaking line that KC sent him, I also believe they use Lund tuning at 5 bar but I could be wrong?
If it were my build and I lived in FL, PBD would be where I’d go but I’m in Pa so C&D Autotech and Lund would be my choice here
So,.......he (Coyote Car Guy), ships his car back and forth to Five Bar Motorsports every time he has work done to the car?? That's gonna get EXPENSIVE!!! :crazy: :shock:
I'm pretty sure he's in Florida as well as Five Bar Motorsports. I may be wrong, but I just checked one of his videos.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I spoke with my tech about the PNR ice tank. He has installed them and highly recommends them. He did suggest doing the phase 2 Roush first without the ice tank. The larger LTR and new cal might be a good improvement over p1. If the heatsoak is unbearable, we can always add the tank later. I could probably do that myself.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm glad I mentioned the ice tank waaaayyyyyy back over 60 pages ago!!!!
:like: :rockon: :crackup:

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So,.......he (Coyote Car Guy), ships his car back and forth to Five Bar Motorsports every time he has work done to the car?? That's gonna get EXPENSIVE!!! :crazy: :shock:
I'm pretty sure he's in Florida as well as Five Bar Motorsports. I may be wrong, but I just checked one of his videos.
The West Coast of Florida, not Cali :giggle:

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My guess as to what to expect

Canned Tuned Roush P2/A10/3.55
Drag Radial
65 Degrees
10.72@129

Ice Tank, repeatable ET
Possibly 10.60’s@131

If that happens, it would be the kit to buy wanting a warranty (Depending on your cars mileage)

Now we wait :fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Here’s my dilemma, Spend 479 + 600 for a flex tune, then if I wanna do before and after dyno, figure 200

So....1279 or spend 7000 + 1500 install for the P2 or talk my girl into retiring to Fl now

She won’t leave the grand child, I hate the cold.....Something tells me I’m staying in Philly 5 more years :explode:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Here’s my dilemma, Spend 479 + 600 for a flex tune, then if I wanna do before and after dyno, figure 200
So....1279 or spend 7000 + 1500 install for the P2 or talk my girl into retiring to Fl now
She won’t leave the grand child, I hate the cold.....Something tells me I’m staying in Philly 5 more years :explode:
LOL
I hear ya bud. I'm like,.............buy mods for the Mustang, (or save up for my next daily driver, which I won't need for a very long time), ordering a Jeep SRT. Choices, choices. LOL :crazy: :crazy: :crackup:
I plan on moving south when I retire, but that's in 20 years, 67 years old. :facepalm: lol I ABSOLUTELY HATE the cold, snow and ice.
Are you guys getting snow today/tonight as well?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)

It's a good thing you don't live in Minneapolis. It is 13 degrees right now and will be far below zero tonight. Yes, we have about a foot of snow on the ground, too.

I love my flex tune. Car runs beautifully and will run 11.6s repeatedly on E70 in 1200 DA. I know in even better air with a hard launch, it would run 11.50....maybe better. You can use straight 93, straight E85 or any mix of the two and it adjusts spark and A/F to match whatever is in the tank.

I am leaning toward Roush because they have the only canned FI tune that I trust. Datalogging WOT pulls on the street makes me nervous. I have done it before but would prefer not to do it again. If the p2 roush won't run 10s on a tire, it sure as hell is no 750 crank HP kit.

ccull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Roushcharged
For what it’s worth I have a 19 with a roush on it. Canned tune install 10/19 with 200 miles on car, 3500 as of today. Was just in Mexico doing a roll with a CTS-V in perfect weather. First run 80-155 I’m out in front a car or two. Second run get down to 60 he takes the hit I punch the gas and the throttle closes up like I’m slamming on my brakes. Really disappointed in this setup honestly. Regret the purchase, happy to have warranty that’s cool and important but if that is what I get for the $ then it wasn’t worth it. One pull, on a roll none the less in 53f temps?....

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Ccull, do you have the larger LTR? I agree that just one run and then be done would be disappointing. Are you going to upgrade to phase 2?

ccull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Roushcharged
Ccull, do you have the larger LTR? I agree that just one run and then be done would be disappointing. Are you going to upgrade to phase 2?
I do have the LTR. I will go to phase 2 if I can just purchase tune. No reason to buy the LTR again. I think Roush is an incredible name, I just wouldn’t recommend this particular product. Like has been said in this thread....there’s a reason EVERY other manufacturer is producing their blowers with the cooler on top for these cars. The ol concept If everyone else in the room is a jerk, it’s probably just you.