Sponsored

C8 just got crushed and humiliated by the GT500

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I guess you must be enough smaller than me or different proportions that somehow neither head room or leg room is a problem for you in the Corvette, because both are somewhat of an issue for me. The 911 is positively roomy by comparison. It feels great - somewhat like my 944 - which is an absolutely tiny car but has loads more head and leg room than the Corvette.
I guess 2 inches is a lot more significant that I thought lol seriously though, 6 foot 4 and 240 is huge.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I guess 2 inches is a lot more significant that I thought lol seriously though, 6 foot 4 and 240 is huge.
Ehh, your and my size seems normal to me - and I fit great in my Fiesta. I used to think I was tall when I was young, but there are a lot of guys taller than me in the younger generations.

It's funny how great of a job the Germans do with ergonomics for our size of people. I test drove an Audi TT a while ago and that car was super comfortable for me. It's another small 2 seater - the designers must have just decided to make it work for taller people. Corvette seems to be set up for average height and smaller rather than trying to accommodate most.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
The 10.6 was in Florida not here in Vegas. We definitely have different meanings of ā€œcrushedā€ 11.1 for the C8 vs 10.8 and many... many mid 11ā€™s isnā€™t really crushed... of course when the Z06 comes out Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be back to ā€œyou canā€™t compare a mustang to a Vetteā€
Well, some people exaggerate and cannot use the correct wording to describe things. Say like, "a million GM people" got on this site. Well, we know not a million. And yes, when this GT500 1/4 mile time of 10.6 seconds fades, it will be just like you said, "you canā€™t compare a mustang to a Vette", so it's not fair.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I forgot to add the smiley

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The GT500 is still just a beefed up over glorified Pony car. The Corvette is a true Brilliantly engineered sports car. Iā€™ve been a Mustang enthusiast for over 27 years, but if I had to choose between the two, and could spend $20,000 less on the C8, you damn well bet Iā€™m going to be in the Vette.

Sure the GT500 is a monster, but $75,000+ for a Mustang is asinine.

Flame away.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Just wanted to keep the 'stangers up to date with the future C8 capabilities.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/01/corvette-c8-r-shows-strong-pace-at-roar-before-the-24/

I can't find anything where Ford is racing the 2020 GT500, Mmmmm.
And you probably wont except NASCAR where its just a body. I'm just guessing here but, I believe Ford is fed up with the politics of todays racing. Sanctioning bodies choose who wins anymore. Non Ford example: as Porsche was running away with the IMSA racing, The sanctioning body was adding weight to the Corvette. I cant say they do this on purpose but considering the Corvette wasn't winning, I have to believe they knew what they were doing all along

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
This guy on C8 just got this to the next stage and will be delivered soon. This is one nice looking car. Way better than the GT500. Red looks good. This is a whole other car, not just a Mustang GT with a blower on it.

upload_2020-1-22_12-0-52.png

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
And you probably wont except NASCAR where its just a body. I'm just guessing here but, I believe Ford is fed up with the politics of todays racing. Sanctioning bodies choose who wins anymore. Non Ford example: as Porsche was running away with the IMSA racing, The sanctioning body was adding weight to the Corvette. I cant say they do this on purpose but considering the Corvette wasn't winning, I have to believe they knew what they were doing all along
I agree with this. Racing sucks for this reason. Parity in racing is the dumbest thing ever. I want the best car to walk all over the competition. I remember how the GT350 kept getting restricted more and more until the 5.0 was popped into the GT4 cars. There's no advantage to having a great motor if the sanctioning body ends up determining the winner.

This guy on C8 just got this to the next stage and will be delivered soon. This is one nice looking car. Way better than the GT500. Red looks good. This is a whole other car, not just a Mustang GT with a blower on it.

upload_2020-1-22_12-0-52.png
Definitely a nice looking car for gray hairs to drive to the local Cars and Coffee or DQ and show off with. Who wants performance? Looks are way more important.
Sponsored