Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
sheesh.... I woulda just bought ya one to save ya all that trouble you went through to find that.... :whew:

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Actually drove the damn thing. It's been sitting in my garage for 2 months with various issues. Got it running and driving again and drove it to work for the first time in 8 months!

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
When with a buddy to get his car worked on nd the shop had a pair of the Foose quarter window vents cheap someone ordered and didn't pick up and in my color no less. So I go them, Still not sure about them. I look at them and liek them and then other times Im not sure.
20200117_122811.jpg

20200117_162959.jpg

Snook66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Grabber Blue
When with a buddy to get his car worked on nd the shop had a pair of the Foose quarter window vents cheap someone ordered and didn't pick up and in my color no less. So I go them, Still not sure about them. I look at them and liek them and then other times Im not sure.
20200117_122811.jpg

20200117_162959.jpg
Can I pick your brain ?
I have the same quarter covers and can't get them to stay for the life of me. I have tried all sorts of 3M tape with no luck.
What did you use?

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Ordered some bmr minimum drop springs

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Can I pick your brain ?
I have the same quarter covers and can't get them to stay for the life of me. I have tried all sorts of 3M tape with no luck.
What did you use?
I just followed the instructions but carefully and several times over what they said. I cleaned the glass with cleaner and then twice with alcohol. I used baby soap (couple drops in a quart of water ) to spray and aply the blackout decal to window. Squeegee it to death till I couldn't get anymore air or water out from under it. Then let that sit with sun hitting it for about 30 mins to make sure dry. Then on vents, cleaner all surfaces I was gonna put tape on 3 times with alcohol, then staged my tape sets (by sets I mean both pieces of tape car side and vent side velcroed together) where it was gonna go and peeled one side off that was gonna stick to vents. wiped the surfaces I was gonna put tape on with the adhesion promoter and when it was tacky stuck the tape to it and pressing down hard till bonded. Once I had tape bonded on good I went outside and wiped the blackout vinyl down good twice with alcohol. Then took the tape backs off the other side of my tape on vents to expose the sides gonna stick to car. Then wiped blackout vinyl surface with adhesion promoter and again once tacky (which is basically wight away) lined up and stuck the vent on once in place I applied as much pressure as I could, without hurting vent, for like 5 mins. Mine stuck on like rocks. also has to be done in temps between 60 and 80 for best adhesion. I even washed the car later in the day and it got down to freezing that evening still on like rocks. Surface prep and patience is everything.

Snook66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Grabber Blue
I just followed the instructions but carefully and several times over what they said. I cleaned the glass with cleaner and then twice with alcohol. I used baby soap (couple drops in a quart of water ) to spray and aply the blackout decal to window. Squeegee it to death till I couldn't get anymore air or water out from under it. Then let that sit with sun hitting it for about 30 mins to make sure dry. Then on vents, cleaner all surfaces I was gonna put tape on 3 times with alcohol, then staged my tape sets (by sets I mean both pieces of tape car side and vent side velcroed together) where it was gonna go and peeled one side off that was gonna stick to vents. wiped the surfaces I was gonna put tape on with the adhesion promoter and when it was tacky stuck the tape to it and pressing down hard till bonded. Once I had tape bonded on good I went outside and wiped the blackout vinyl down good twice with alcohol. Then took the tape backs off the other side of my tape on vents to expose the sides gonna stick to car. Then wiped blackout vinyl surface with adhesion promoter and again once tacky (which is basically wight away) lined up and stuck the vent on once in place I applied as much pressure as I could, without hurting vent, for like 5 mins. Mine stuck on like rocks. also has to be done in temps between 60 and 80 for best adhesion. I even washed the car later in the day and it got down to freezing that evening still on like rocks. Surface prep and patience is everything.
Hey , thanks a bunch my friend !
Sponsored