My 2020MY Bullitt Ordered. Now wait...

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt-DHG | 2010 Yaris 3Dr HB |
I ordered on 1/11/2020. Allocation should be in today? That's what the dealer said...

2020MY Mustang Bullitt - Dark Highland Green | Electronics Package | MagneRide Damping -- MSRP: $52,595.00

The invoice for this package and option is $50,032.00. I bought $174 below invoice.

Sell price: $49,897.00

I probably could have done better if I bought outside of small towns central PA. A local dealership makes it convenient. I justify at least it is a 2020 year and a special addition of the '68 Mustang GT Fastback 390 with heritage wheels. I also justify you don't have that much leverage with an order/build. Heck, when the 2019MY editions came out dealerships were selling them at MSRP firm and sometimes over.

Now I have to figure out the process through the weeks. I have the copy (yellow) of the purchase order. What's next?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Next stage is the longest wait of your life,but at least yours doesn’t have to go through the Panama Canal and across the Pacific and after 5 minutes in the drivers seat it will all be forgotten anyway
Enjoy!!!

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Congrats....i did that, but got impatient and found a MY19 instead and enjoyed it for 3 months before the car i ordered showed up to the dealership. I had only put a down payment, so i was able to get that refunded no problem.

OP
OP
mavmrb3

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
Congrats....i did that, but got impatient and found a MY19 instead and enjoyed it for 3 months before the car i ordered showed up to the dealership. I had only put a down payment, so i was able to get that refunded no problem.
From your order date to when it showed up at the dealership... How long was that time?

Thanks!

Sponsored

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
From your order date to when it showed up at the dealership... How long was that time?

Thanks!
It was just over three months from ordered date to dealer receipt.

OP
OP
mavmrb3

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
It was just over three months from ordered date to dealer receipt.
You were an early early one! Matt Maran (Matt Maran Motoring) ordered one and his took 4 months. That was the least I knew until you. Most people I get is around 5 months. Some out to 9 months.

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
You were an early early one! Matt Maran (Matt Maran Motoring) ordered one and his took 4 months. That was the least I knew until you. Most people I get is around 5 months. Some out to 9 months.
I don't see the benefit in getting a MY20 to be honest with you. Only thing different is the Ford Connect or whatever its called. I saved over $5K my switching to MY19 not having to pay MSRP. Car only had 8 miles on it when I got it, so they aren't being test driven very much either.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I had a 2020 GT built for me starting in August and I picked it up end of October I think it was.

I had a 2019 GT that Ford bought back due to paint issues. I will say the differences I notice in the engine rattle/2k rattle is much reduced in the 2020 vs the 2019. It did not bother me in the 2019, but I definitely notice a lot less sound.

OP
OP
mavmrb3

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
I don't see the benefit in getting a MY20 to be honest with you. Only thing different is the Ford Connect or whatever its called. I saved over $5K my switching to MY19 not having to pay MSRP. Car only had 8 miles on it when I got it, so they aren't being test driven very much either.
For me it is getting the last year of the Bullitt made. I hear they are making no future Bullitt years. This is the last year. From the Window Sticker... FORDPASS™ CONNECT 4GWI-FI. I noticed you have a black one. I wonder how many black ones were made for 2019MY? I saw one at a dealership. The Shadow Black with the vehicle chrome and front grill actually goods

Sponsored

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
For me it is getting the last year of the Bullitt made. I hear they are making no future Bullitt years. This is the last year. From the Window Sticker... FORDPASS™ CONNECT 4GWI-FI. I noticed you have a black one. I wonder how many black ones were made for 2019MY? I saw one at a dealership. The Shadow Black with the vehicle chrome and front grill actually goods
If that's one of your reasons for getting the car, good enough. We all have our different reasonings.

I don't know how many MY19's, there were a few dealerships near by me that had them when I was looking. MY20 had only 1 black one and they wouldn't transfer, why I originally ordered and then went back to MY19 once got impatient and realized there was no real difference.

OP
OP
mavmrb3

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
If that's one of your reasons for getting the car, good enough. We all have our different reasonings.

I don't know how many MY19's, there were a few dealerships near by me that had them when I was looking. MY20 had only 1 black one and they wouldn't transfer, why I originally ordered and then went back to MY19 once got impatient and realized there was no real difference.

The black is definitely not common. I wonder if the car will hold a better re-sale value since its rarity?

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Last Bullitt until the 55th anniversary is released... they take them away just so they can bring them back.

OP
OP
mavmrb3

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
Last Bullitt until the 55th anniversary is released... they take them away just so they can bring them back.
Maybe? That's only in 2023. A little early in my opinion. If Ford releases, I think it would be more in 7-10 years on a new platform. 60th anniversary, possibly?

I can't wait to see the new Generation when it is introduced. The S550 platform has been out some time with the cabin a bit outdated. Makes me wonder when the next generation will come out? Ford decided to push 55th Mustang anniversary out one year for the new vehicle surprise, MY2021. As we know the surprise ends up electric SUV Mustang Mach E. Ford said the Mustang GT S550 will sell in tandem with the new electric Mustang. In 2022 the Mustang GT version of the Mach E will be introduced. Will Ford make a generation change for the 'gasoline' Mustang? Any thoughts?

OP
OP
mavmrb3

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
I am so tickled HAPPY! I went over to the dealer who orders build vehicles. I ordered on Saturday 1/11/20. He told me the allocation would be in on Friday, 1/17. That day went by and nothing. I came by yesterday 1/23 to see if he got the allocation. He did! It was earlier in the week. He was trying to reach me to tell me but he couldn't. LOL! He was calling the wrong # I don't have anymore? So, we sat down and he handed me the DORA paper showing it was processed (order confirmed) on 1/21/20 with order receipt on 1/11/20. He showed me the key information on dealer order receipt acknowledgement.

1) Priority 01 - the Pittsburgh Regional Scheduler who gets the ball rolling,
2) Order #: 0110
3) Dealer #: 44W447
4) Retail Order Priority #: 19 (assigned)
5) VIN #: assigned. I have it to plug in and track
6) Build Date (Scheduled Production): 3/23/20

I thought it took longer, perhaps 3-4 weeks for car production schedule and VIN assignment? I got it in 10 day? At the rate it is moving with car production beginning at that tentative date and ending usually a week afterwards, there is only assignment of shipping and the car gets moving. The Bullitt could be here some time in mid to late April!

Hopefully, there will be a parts shortage or something to slow the production. I was looking at having it in late May or early June. The garage is almost done. I expect it to be completely finished by mid May, except for the epoxy floor paint.

Brady
Sponsored