OP
OP
ElCid08

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So I installed the decklid. I have the exact same gap that you do on the passenger side.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ElCid08

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Sorry for the delay. Took a few pics tonight after I got the car all cleaned up. The gap is there... But like you said, it's something only I will probably notice. I may switch back to my Ford Performance decklid eventually, but for now I'll leave this one on.
20200119_183807.jpg
20200119_173118.jpg

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
No worries. Doesn’t look so bad. Hard to tell honestly. Car looks great and that color is beautiful.

Sponsored

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I appreciate it
Update for you. With help from boos550t I adjusted the trunk latch and now the gaps are much better. It’s not a hard job, just takes some patience. There are two 8 mm bolts that you unscrew and then adjust up, down, left and right.

Here are some photos after today. Don’t hate me to much I literally just cleaned the car and then it snowed again. Stupid Canadian winter.
9E7DC27D-8C49-4D0A-9426-9CCAEF17BDDC.jpeg
2CC87A9C-4990-4951-AAD6-95095F4FE30C.jpeg

OP
OP
ElCid08

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks! No hate here. I applaud you for driving in the winter! So what exactly did you adjust? Just the latch assembly itself?

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! No hate here. I applaud you for driving in the winter! So what exactly did you adjust? Just the latch assembly itself?
Exactly. Take off the plastic cover in the trunk. It has four black retaining things. They just screw on and off. Then I loosened the latch so I could move it. It’s going to be counter intuitive but moving it up and down also affects the gap on the left and right. Just be careful not to slam it closed. You can just bring it down to see where it sits. It’s going to take some time to play with it until it gets where you want but it’s very easy.

Wylie C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't like the huge GT emblem so I replaced the rear panel and added a 2010 GT fender emblem. Changing the rear panel also got rid of the line on either side of the emblem. The black insert also looks good with the black panel
tail panel2.jpg

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
I didn't like the huge GT emblem so I replaced the rear panel and added a 2010 GT fender emblem. Changing the rear panel also got rid of the line on either side of the emblem. The black insert also looks good with the black panel
tail panel2.jpg
Looks good. Great idea.

Sponsored

Moose-tang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerome
Vehicle(s)
GT
I have been thinking about the euro tail lights from VLAND. How do you like them? Might just live with the gap now and deal with the re-alignment if and when I get those euros.
EPM lights are better, Epm pcb boards are very clean, and made with the best components. The housing and assembly is done by vland
However electronics is engineered here in Australia
And manufactured by epm team overseas
And then passed on to vland for final assembly

https://store.exoticponymods.com/pr...multi-mode-sequential-full-taillight-assembly

Moose-tang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerome
Vehicle(s)
GT
tail panel2.jpg

Looks like the Mach E GT emblem.

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
tail panel2.jpg
Where did you get this decklid panel?
Sponsored