Sponsored

2017 Whipple gen 5 stage 2 sputtering at idle?

Ak2705

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have a 2017 mustang gt with a Whipple gen 5 stage 2 with boost a pump. Just recently got a custom tune and the tune is great and everything the only problem it’s sputtering at idle. Like a slight misfire I can’t feel it in the seat and you can also hear it. While I’m driving everything is perfect but once I stop at a light or it warming up you can feel it sputtering. You can even call it a hick up. If you watch the exhaust it’s flowing and flowing and in every 3-5 seconds you can see the air cut and continue. I sent a idle log and tuner said everything looks good.
Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
I have a 2017 mustang gt with a Whipple gen 5 stage 2 with boost a pump. Just recently got a custom tune and the tune is great and everything the only problem it’s sputtering at idle. Like a slight misfire I can’t feel it in the seat and you can also hear it. While I’m driving everything is perfect but once I stop at a light or it warming up you can feel it sputtering. You can even call it a hick up. If you watch the exhaust it’s flowing and flowing and in every 3-5 seconds you can see the air cut and continue. I sent a idle log and tuner said everything looks good.
Maybe get a second opinion on your logs?

justbrewme1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue but I have gen 4.

hojo_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue Premium GT
I would definitely recommend pulling your plugs to just take a look at them. Better safe than sorry

Jdsc831

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang
Ever find out what it was I have this on my gen 3 and whipple say the logs looked good

Sponsored

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
It is an issue for Edelbrock too, and it barely shows up in the datalogs. For me, it is more of annoyance than anything else: It wants to stall on first startup and the idle is erratic at the first stoplight, then everything is fine. Even some NA engines have this. It is a gremlin.

justbrewme1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
Never figured it out on mine either, replaced with new NGK 6510 plugs gapped at .028 per Lund and the slight idle miss was still present.

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Any of you get answers to this issue? I know the 2018+ idle problem was solved but I notice a few of us Whippled 2015-2017 have these idle fluctuations.
I've done absolutely everything to find the glitch but to no success.
So wondering if any of you have updates?

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
This is the reason I’m so glad I went with vortech. All that money spent just to have issues. I haven’t had any issues at all with mine. But I admit I love how the whipple hits right off the line.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The throttle body can cause sputtering also.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Count me in with the idle misfire. Edelbrock. For me though, the off idle hesitation is the issue!

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The throttle body can cause sputtering also.
I was thinking of removing the TB gasket and using silicone but that fix is for a different issue with a code. I have no codes. But might try just to see if it helps.

Jfuggint

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone ever figure this out? Mine has done it since I got the tune from Lund. I’m getting a misfire at idle but nothing after. I may actually put the whipple tune back in and see what it does.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Anyone ever figure this out? Mine has done it since I got the tune from Lund. I’m getting a misfire at idle but nothing after. I may actually put the whipple tune back in and see what it does.
I’d be interested in finding out what the whipple tune does at idle - if the misfires are there or if they disappear.

Keep us updated if you try that!!

Thank you!
Sponsored