GT350/GT500 2019+ Spoiler - Ebay $150 Pre-painted

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
24hr update. The spoiler has lifted ever so slightly on the far left and right sides as I did not clean the area as good as I should have before tape application....it's maybe 1/8th of an inch. I have a brand new roll of 3m vhb tape and I can restick it but the spoiler isn't gonna come off at all. I drilled the inside of my trunk just Abit to take advantage of the other holes/bolt attachment points as well. Outside of ripping it to pieces there's no way it will fall off. The center of the spoilers double stick tape is still holding well and it has 8 bolts holding it on. I know what I did wrong , I cleaned the truck with Goo gone to remove some of the old sticky film left over from the old spoiler and didn't wipe it off enough. Goo gone has an oily base to it and I didn't clean the trunk with a degreaser very good before I mounted the new one and caused the 3m tape that is included with the spoiler to not get a proper stick......that's on me. Like I said I have a new roll of 3m VHB tape but I will let it sit on the car a few weeks to let the spoiler shape to the car Abit in the sun and heat as it has ever so slight of a upward bend to it. You can't tell the tape has unstuck very much but I can tell as it sat almost flush with the trunk before and now has ever so slight of a gap and I can see the tape. So , lesson learned ......don't be in a rush and clean the area well before using double sided tape. I had the wife on my case and attempted to speed thru the install to get her off my back......
Sponsored

zoinks5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I see that the GT500 carbon fiber track pack spoiler replica is now also on the market.

A little big for my taste, but nice to have options. I am yet to see this on eBay, just on Alibaba.

GT5001.jpg
Who thinks this uses the same mounting holes on the outside... been wanting to replace my PP1 wing with a more track-inspired APR style one.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
There was a run on these spoilers and now they are gone. I ordered from a Sportwing that was posted here and originally told out of stock till end of month now it a till April. Fml. They told me the last one was sold the morning I ordered.

Sponsored

sb2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I received mine today, very impressed with the paint and finish....planning to install this weekend.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I was the one posted about Sport wing. The next day told me the same. Not in stick till April.
Well wouldn't you know it, Sportwing emailed me today and said they were sorry but they were wrong and I will be getting my spoiler shipped to me very shortly after all. Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions! But very excited about getting this spoiler. Thank you Sportwing.

Reggie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Long time reader, first time poster!

I bought this from eBay as well. SHOCKED at two day shipping to Canada! Opened the box and found a very good quality spoiler, considering the price. I couldn't find a single paint run, and there's less orange peel than my car! I won't install it until the car comes out in the spring. The only thing I can see being a weak point is the threaded inserts. I will be VERY careful tightening down the mounting bolts. I'll use lock tite and 3M tight to keep everything secure and sealed up.

Good advice to the member that suggested using thinner tape to avoid a gap.

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
I received mine a few days ago and promptly installed it. Paint quality is pretty good, a few dirt nibs here and there. Fitment was spot on. The only negative I had was I received two left side double sided tape pads. I had to cut my own holes through the pads for the mounting screws. Pics will come shortly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I drilled the inside of my trunk just Abit to take advantage of the other holes/bolt attachment points as well..
I also considered doing this. Figured I'd try with the 4 bolts first, and see how it does.

So far, no lifting on the rear. Hopefully the 3M tape got a solid bond.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
First off, great thread Tim. You answered a lot of my questions about this. Much like you, I was wanting a wickerbill if I went this route. I will remain patient and see what the aftermarket offers.
I also saw the GT-500 style knock off and that sounds appealing. I've been hounding companies X, Y and Z for a while now about this. Kinda concerned about the performance of it though on-track.

I also hope it doesn't take long for this to show up on Ebay. I just don't trust alibaba.

Who thinks this uses the same mounting holes on the outside... been wanting to replace my PP1 wing with a more track-inspired APR style one.
I've been talking to APR for a while know about the status of their Spec S550 wing. It's supposed to be their answer to the Gt500 style wing for those of us that are more track enthusiasts. It seems as if
production of this piece has slowed way down to the point of me losing interest. Another thing that has caught my attention is that a good friend has several APR parts and he is very unhappy with the
quality of clear on them. His engine cover is hazing already after a year and his front splitter needs a refinish. I have an APR splitter as well but I have not installed it yet. I'm considering a layer of PPL
to (hopefully) protect it.

Last edited:

rdisatell75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Got my $198 GT350 track pack spoiler in last night. Paint was in good condition. Glossy finish. Fitment was a a bit lacking. After centering on the 2 center holes the outside holes didnt line up very well. Had to drill out one of them but I got it on. Overall not too bad. Definitely better than paying $450 for one then having to paint it. Now we will see how long it lasts.
20200117_080203.jpg

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I received my Sport Wing spoiler today. The packaging was amazing, the quality of the piece looks top notch as well. Hopefully will have it on tomorrow.