2015-2017 5.0 Coyote / Mustang GT MMR Billet Secondary Chain Tensioner Bracket

fahadco80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fahad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10R80 Premium 401A Package with B&O Sound System
Not really HP related, but once cams and valve springs are installed we would high recommend. These items place more load on the tensioner causing the timing variations to increase.

Hi,

Would this part fix the 2018-2019 Mustang GT 2K RPM rattle?

Thanks

Fahad

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote

fahadco80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fahad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10R80 Premium 401A Package with B&O Sound System
The rattle is caused by the primary chain tensioner, the new MMR tensioners below address this problem. See below:

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...e=product_info&cPath=4_30_57&products_id=1015

450568R_.jpg
Thanks a lot for the reply

Just to make sure before ordering, have you guys at MMR had an exact similar issue with a success fix using those tensioners?

This issue is allover the forums, the video I sent in my previous post, I recorded it for my one car, but you can find hundreds of others on youtube, this issue seems to be very common, especially with the 2018-2019 Mustangs GT and F150 (5.0), but Ford seems not willing to give us any explanation regarding this issue or the BBQ tick.

Do you at MMR have a before and after videos?

And from your experience, what is causing this strange rattle?

Is there a possibility for injectors to make this kind of noise/rattle? Cause I think the only change/difference between 2017 and 18-19 is the injectors way/system..?

Again, please let us know if any succeeded build of yours fitting MMR primary tensioners, that happened to fix the 2k rattle snake sound.

Best regards, really appreciate your reasons

Fahad

Sponsored

kauton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
How do you time a 5.2 after putting this bracket on? It looks like the driver side timing is off and there should be some guide how to adjust the timing after putting this on, otherwise everyone should try to figure the new timing by themselves, and that can be risky business. Do you happen to have some guide how to do it?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
How do you time a 5.2 after putting this bracket on? It looks like the driver side timing is off and there should be some guide how to adjust the timing after putting this on, otherwise everyone should try to figure the new timing by themselves, and that can be risky business. Do you happen to have some guide how to do it?
Ford service manual shows you exactly how to do this. This service can be paid for and viewed online.
Sponsored