Sponsored

another cat delete vs LT headers post... why?

LT headers or cat deletes?

• Total voters

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
I know i know... another post about the same... but F it lol... i want to know your opinion about this...

if you can have a good set of LT or the mak cat delete for almost the same price... what will you do and why? i know labor is more expensive for the LT... but if you had the chance on getting almost the same price for LT... will you do it? or you will go for cat delete anyway? more peak hp is one thing... but what about the whole torque curve? i want to know other people's input from their experience
Sponsored

OP
OP
vanquishvzla

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so far, the current mods are muffler delete, mbrp catback, JLT intake and 93 tune... +18 manifold is on a box waiting for the headers/cat delete decision... obviously will re-tune after that... idk if flex tune or regular 93... not a big fan of having only like 4 gas stations with e85 here in JAX

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Where are you getting "good" LTH for $300?

LTs will always make more power under the curve, but should make the same up top given same primary size as shorties.

OP
OP
vanquishvzla

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where are you getting "good" LTH for $300?

LTs will always make more power under the curve, but should make the same up top given same primary size as shorties.
2m fabrication have very very good reviews (including multiple forum members here) and the difference between those and the MAK cat delete is around $100 more...

My plan was going with the headers, but after reading a lot of people saying "forget about the headers, cat delete ftw", now i'm having doubts... that's why i want to hear what other people say about their setup... i know LT make more power, the difference is only 10-15 hp and many people say the headache is to much for that...

using your butt dyno, explain that difference "under the curve" vs peak hp/tq...

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
the difference is only 10-15 hp and many people say the headache is to much for that...

using your butt dyno, explain that difference "under the curve" vs peak hp/tq...
It's not going to be that much, headers on their own make some 15-20rwhp more than 100% stock, so it will be like 5-10 at most over catless mids and stock shorties.

The curve vs. peak is just that, where it makes power. LTs will make more power than shorties from idle to almost peak hp where all else being equal they will both make the same there. So at 2000rpm, the LTs will make 10tq more than shorties, at 4000rpm 10 more, and then by 6500rpm they will both be even.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Id say cat delete if staying NA.... Long tubes if planning to do forced induction in the future.... just my .02

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
My train of thought here is this: If I'm attempting to eliminate restrictions in the exhaust system, why leave anything on the table? If you're not doing a built motor with a huge blower, grab the 2M 1 7/8s long tubes, full 3" exhaust and call it good. If you're even considering any type of max effort crazy high HP (1200+) go with 2" primary long tubes. I don't see the point in leaving stock manifolds (one of which needs cut and welded or replaced with 11-14 anyhow) if the goal is to make power. If you are just looking for more sound, sure cat deletes are fine. Just my .02

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
Easy... best bang for buck, mak cat deletes... if you want to squeeze out every inch of hp out, long tubes...

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
All the KoolAid drinkers think they have to spend ridiculous $$$$ on headers and exhaust. I get it, if that is YOUR thing, but it is a bad value proposition from a hp to $ spent versus cat delete. Got it...?
Sponsored