Magnaflow Stainless Steel Tru-X Resonated X-Pipe for all 2015-2017 GT Mustangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have the Roush Active set up. What would adding this do to the car vs the stock set up?

Would it sound cleaner and Deeper? Louder? if so how much?

Any info would be great!

422100-1-555x389.jpg

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Thread revival!

For those of you with 3" pipes, I found product #12469 that should fit nicely. Its a "Y" configuration than a "X".
It was recommended by my exhaust guy considering all this new legislation hub-bub.

MF 12469.jpg

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Sure wish there was a 3" option. I have 1 7/8" long tubes with 3" collectors now and this necks down to 2 1/4" to 2 12" exits to my 3" axle back setup. At my power levels, approx. 850-875rwhp, I'm sure there is some lost HP on the table. However, I will not put my 3" X-Pipe back in as its WAY TO LOUD. Looks like my only option is to buy #12599 and fab up a custom exhaust. The #12469 that was referenced before is dual 3" in and 3" out but internally its a Y which would choke it even more IMO. Not sure if the 12599 will fit or not due to its size.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=12599
Did this work for you? Was it too large?

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
I have not made any changes yet. I went 9.81 @ 141 mph with the current one. So not sure if its worth the spend at this time.

Sponsored

carfreak222

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT w/PP1, 6-Speed, Magnetic Grey. Magneflow Tru-X Res, MBRP Pro AB
Any idea of this resonator along with the MBRP pro series muffler delete kit you guys sell, would sound abit more refined then showed in your install video you guys just made?
What would be the outcome if the muffler delete is combined with this resonated X pipe? is pretty much what I am asking lol
Louder then the video but different tone or?
Ecoboosted15, I have this exact setup on my car, just installed. It sounds good but it has a terrible drone under throttle at around 2k, almost unbearable which is not what I expected, I think it may have to do with the Axleback but I am not sure. Not on throttle cruising at 2k is fine.

Does anyone else have the Magneflow Tru-X with axleback dealing with terrible drone under throttle?

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
Not that I know of, I guess it is very subjective. It definitely deepens the sound, but not in annoying way.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
I did end up having this welded in and it KILLED the drone and rasp. Still has a good deep sound and even more when I get on it. Cheap easy fix!

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto

Sponsored

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Yes there is a 3” option. I have one I’m trying to sell. If interested
Shoot me a pm

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Well I was running a h-pipe with SLP loudmouth IIs and liked the tone but it was wake the neighbors loud on cold start, up and too loud and boomy at low RPM in traffic for DD. So I ordered the Magnaflow resonated x-pipe from CJ Pony Parts and had it installed today. My initial thoughts are...disappointing. This mid-pipe really neutered the sound of the car. Much more so than I expected. Its so quiet now that I can barely hear it when I stomp on it. I would say a 70% reduction in volume from the h-pipe I swapped it out for. In fact I would almost venture to say that its as quite if not quieter than stock now and that's with aftermarket SLP Loudmouth II axle-backs! Tone wise its still better than stock...from behind the car. Problem you can't hear it inside the car. I sincerely hope it gets louder after it breaks in. And not by just a little.

I'm definitely not a loud look at me exhaust guy. But for those of you looking to pair this resonated x-pipe with just an axle-back system, I would definitely not recommend a tame muffler if you want to have ANY volume increase.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I was a little negative in my last post so wanted to update.

I'm at about 180 miles and the sounds has definitely come up some. It's still by no means loud but it's much better. My wife complemented how nice it sounds in the cabin. Not remotely loud or obtrusive but you can hear the note. I have to say from outside of the car it sounds really nice too. It's dead quite at warm idle in traffic which is fine by me. But when you gas it the sounds is there and it definitely doesn't sound stock. Cold start ups are back to being moderately loud but not embarrassing like before.

But thing that's really struck me it how smother and quicker the acceleration feels. At first I thought it was in my head but I literally feel like I got tune on the car. I didn't realize it it until now but I think the custom H-pipe was really restricting the exhaust flow. It just feels like a different car.

The sound level is still just an tad under what I'd prefer but overall I'm very happy with this set up. I have to give props where they are due. I would definitely recommend that MF resonated x-pipe. Just be mindful what you pair with it if you want a louder exhaust.

BlackStallion18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 5.0 Mustang w/Performance Package 1
Vehicle Showcase
I was a little negative in my last post so wanted to update.

I'm at about 180 miles and the sounds has definitely come up some. It's still by no means loud but it's much better. My wife complemented how nice it sounds in the cabin. Not remotely loud or obtrusive but you can hear the note. I have to say from outside of the car it sounds really nice too. It's dead quite at warm idle in traffic which is fine by me. But when you gas it the sounds is there and it definitely doesn't sound stock. Cold start ups are back to being moderately loud but not embarrassing like before.

But thing that's really struck me it how smother and quicker the acceleration feels. At first I thought it was in my head but I literally feel like I got tune on the car. I didn't realize it it until now but I think the custom H-pipe was really restricting the exhaust flow. It just feels like a different car.

The sound level is still just an tad under what I'd prefer but overall I'm very happy with this set up. I have to give props where they are due. I would definitely recommend that MF resonated x-pipe. Just be mindful what you pair with it if you want a louder exhaust.
I had an x pipe with a Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back system and it was LOUD but I loved it. After about two months my neighbor complained about cold-starts in the morning. I've known him for 10+ years, so out of respect I decided to buy the Magnaflow Tru X resonated X Pipe. I had it installed today and wow it totally killed the sound. It's like going from a lion's roar to a cat's meow lol. My neighbor is happy but I hate how much car sounds now. Does it really get louder like you say it does?

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I had an x pipe with a Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back system and it was LOUD but I loved it. After about two months my neighbor complained about cold-starts in the morning. I've known him for 10+ years, so out of respect I decided to buy the Magnaflow Tru X resonated X Pipe. I had it installed today and wow it totally killed the sound. It's like going from a lion's roar to a cat's meow lol. My neighbor is happy but I hate how much car sounds now. Does it really get louder like you say it does?
The Magnaflow resonated x-pipe is freakishly quiet on initial installation.

It will never be loud, but the sound level will increase some. Give it about 100-200 miles. You will hear the difference on cold start ups.

If I had to guess at a number I'd say the sound level comes up about 15%
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.