Aircon stopped working

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
So my wife and I have just come back from a run to Braidwood from Canberra and the air conditioning is playing up. The fan speed is very slow and even at max a/c the fan is not pushing cold air out at any great volume. Cold air is being produced but more so on the driver side than the passenger side (temperature setting is the same for the dual zones). Mine is a Feb 2017 build GT. Dammit. In for service now (due anyway) so I'll let people know how I go. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is a Feb 2017 build GT. Dammit. In for service now (due anyway) so I'll let people know how I go. Fingers crossed.
Still under warranty - that's a good thing for this expensive fault.

FordGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Hi All
We can add mine to this long list!
Out of warranty as of the end of October and about five weeks later in early December noticed air on drivers side warmer than passenger vents. Now virtually no cooling.
Booked in for the 21st of this month and expecting gas top up with dye to then confirm evap problem.
I expect Ford to be good guys and cover the total cost of this based on it being such a common well documented problem and the fact that the car has been serviced as required by my Ford dealer and has only travelled 12,000 k's. Not to mention Australian consumer laws that I believe well and truly cover this.
I'll keep you all posted!

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Sorry to hear you guys are having issues. Sadly Ford still won't get off its ar$e and provide assurances. @FordGT don't let them off the hook Danny, what you're saying is spot on.

@Waldial how are you getting on with yours?

Waldial

Waldial
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Waldial
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Race Red
GT550 - Just picked up my Mustang from Ford Workshop, even though the warranty ran out last April Ford did cover the cost of a replacement evaporator and I did not have any issues or have to make any threats getting the agreement - Customer Loyalty. From a preliminary inspection I cannot see any signs that the dash had been removed and everything seems to work ok. The car was dropped of last Monday so 4 days to get the job done, a loan vehicle was offered but I did not need one. Perhaps some good news for other owners who have the same problem with expired warranty. For the record mine had approx 15,600km on it when I first noticed the failure in October but being in Canberra over winter I tend not to use the A/C unless it is to demist the windscreen which is not very often. Good luck to the rest of you who have A/C failures.

Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
GT550 - Just picked up my Mustang from Ford Workshop, even though the warranty ran out last April Ford did cover the cost of a replacement evaporator and I did not have any issues or have to make any threats getting the agreement - Customer Loyalty. From a preliminary inspection I cannot see any signs that the dash had been removed and everything seems to work ok. The car was dropped of last Monday so 4 days to get the job done, a loan vehicle was offered but I did not need one. Perhaps some good news for other owners who have the same problem with expired warranty. For the record mine had approx 15,600km on it when I first noticed the failure in October but being in Canberra over winter I tend not to use the A/C unless it is to demist the windscreen which is not very often. Good luck to the rest of you who have A/C failures.
I sent you PM

FordGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Thanks for the update! That's a great result, it's good to see Ford stand by their product and customers.
I'm hoping and expecting to report the same here soon.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@Waldial thanks. Good to see that what should happen, did. The old evap repair has been superseded and they no longer remove the dash thankfully. :clap:

FordGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
@Waldial thanks. Good to see that what should happen, did. The old evap repair has been superseded and they no longer remove the dash thankfully. :clap:
Sadly I think the dash still has to come out to replace the evap! I think Waldial just meant they did a good job.

Waldial

Waldial
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Waldial
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Race Red
Correct, the dash was removed. Checked everything this morning for any signs of the removal/replacement but all appears to be in the correct position with no chips or scratches, mechanic did a good job.

Sponsored

FordGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Had the gas and dye added by my Ford dealers service department today at a cost of $180.!
The good news is that when I return in 1000ks or sooner if it fails before then, I've been told that If it is the evap issue, Ford would take care of it at their cost as it is a known issue! Even though out of warranty. I was cautioned not to leave it too long ie a year!
Not happy to have the dash out but reliieved to hear that Ford is doing the right thing and offering support!
Now to get out and clock up some kilometres with the air on!

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
@Bagration how did you go Paul? I trust they did the right thing?
Hi There. Sorry, meant to update the thread. According to Ford it was a sensor problem. They have replaced the sensor (free of charge). I am wondering exactly what they replaced but I can confirm that the air conditioning is doing it's job and I have not had a repeat of the problem. I have attempted to replicate the fault again but couldn't. I actually suspect that it was the switch itself and a mis match between the manual switch and the touch screen.

Fingers crossed.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi There. Sorry, meant to update the thread. According to Ford it was a sensor problem. They have replaced the sensor (free of charge). I am wondering exactly what they replaced but I can confirm that the air conditioning is doing it's job and I have not had a repeat of the problem. I have attempted to replicate the fault again but couldn't. I actually suspect that it was the switch itself and a mis match between the manual switch and the touch screen.

Fingers crossed.
I wonder if it was the ambient air sensor? Mines effed. Doesn't read properly, could be 20*c outside but it reads 45*c. I believe it can play some role in the aircon too...though perhaps maybe that's only when the 'auto' setting is used...

Any chance they gave you paperwork that says the part and part#? If it's the same part as whats gone on mine it'd be handy to be able to order from the part# alone
Sponsored