19' GT PP1 Manual

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
My Diode Dynamics ones have died after 3 years, One does nothing and the other's only half lit. A consumable item...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
My Diode Dynamics ones have died after 3 years, One does nothing and the other's only half lit. A consumable item...
I’m convinced the expensive ones are made in the same place as the cheap Chinese ones !

The failure is down to water ingress. You need to seal the hole at the back of the light unit with silicone sealer. Once you’ve done that you won’t have an issue.

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Thanks for that idea. Useful. I'll give it a go.

DarkStangUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Lads,

I bought a set from ebay but it doesn't come with wiring instructions. Forgive my ignorance...

1. Is the wiring harness connected to the number plate light already set up with two further connectors that are sat redundant to just thread it down towards the individual side marker or do I need some basic wiring tools/skills to get this ready to be threaded down for the connection?

2. Can Anyone link a good guide / video on installing them on a 2019 GT (UK).

Cheers,

DS.

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Lads,

I bought a set from ebay but it doesn't come with wiring instructions. Forgive my ignorance...

1. Is the wiring harness connected to the number plate light already set up with two further connectors that are sat redundant to just thread it down towards the individual side marker or do I need some basic wiring tools/skills to get this ready to be threaded down for the connection?

2. Can Anyone link a good guide / video on installing them on a 2019 GT (UK).

Cheers,

DS.
It is really quite simple you tap into the number plate wiring, fish cables down to rear marker lights and connect to lights.

I did a basic write up on my previous car so I’ll use those images again for ease

First up I made my own wiring harness where I sourced the ‘waterproof’ female bung fitting for the led marker light spade fitting to fit into. Note you need to seal this up with silicone to ensure it’s fully watertight. Any water ingress at the back will prematurely end the life of the markers

9EEF035B-2A39-4B00-83D1-6283483B11EB.jpeg

Pop number plate lights then fish the cables down to the ground. Best to have car jacked up (on axel stands) so you can get underneath to see what you’re doing!
I had a real challenge on the MY19 model as I could not get the wiring through. What I learned was I need to stick my fingers through the number plate hole and as I was feeding the cable in I was pushing down so effectively the cable was going straight up then immediately straight down.

D05654A3-FF08-4707-9A92-3C50B8DA1C9D.jpeg

Next up is to tap into the number plate light wiring loom. Initially I used wire taps but later changed these to soldered joints as the more secure. For the MY19 install the wiring loom was so tight / short I couldn’t solder them as I couldn’t pull enough cable through to access it, so used wire taps securely taped up after.

8922A003-A25C-4555-BD25-940CA54B3260.jpeg

03E8501A-8B91-40A6-9681-82AA11BA5D2C.jpeg
14314EB7-2691-434D-B495-4816FE337F87.jpeg
88E82252-27F9-4633-B86D-C5CE06DDB16D.jpeg

Just make sure you tidy the cable routing so it’s not too close to the exhaust tips. I used stick on wire clips to secure the cable run, makes sure you have IPA / thinners to had to clean surface where these are to be stuck too.

I sourced my led markers off eBay, don’t pay anymore than £20 for them as you’re not getting a better product. There was a chap on here selling a kit including the markers and wiring harness for circa £100. Not suing mine is the same quality but I bought everything I needed for circa £25.

The marker lights are very bright, akin to the brake light luminance level as opposed to side light brightness. As such you may find the tinted ones a better match brightness wise to your standard rear sidelights brightness.

muntega

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Man
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Hey! Just installed the LED markers, but dissapointed with the result :(

Looks realy great when off!!!
9A4FDF03-08A0-4AE4-B54D-090A90BF06B4.jpeg

Looks cheap, when you turn them on:
1. The color is not fully matching the tails - more cherryish :(
2. You can see the small LED dots, which do not match any other lights on the car - this is the most dissapointing part for me. Usually you do not see that in the pictures, but in reality it is annoying :((

8E55F631-A7BE-4EA5-8EDE-D5197519415B.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Interesting it looks like the tint overlay on marker is giving it that purple hint.

I’ve just gone for the plain red and it looks good. The bar is made up of individual led dots but unless you’re pressing your nose against it you’ll see it as a continuous line.

Maybe swapping it to a plain red marker will solve the problem for you

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It'll be because the black markers blocking off most of the light displacement.

muntega

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Man
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Looks cheap... but I wonder why don’t the make LED markers exactly like tail lights. Where you do not see individual LEDs, just a line...
My only guess is because they are reflectors there's a differing lense over them. For instance if you look closely at the tail lights and front drls there's a hazy somewhat opaque looking plastic over them. Whereas the reflectors, reflect (all around the LED Line) and then where the reflector is, is a clear plastic. I mean, you could give them that hazy opaque finish but it may look shit next to the reflectors finish.

That... or they're just plain lazy lol!

(ill go for the latter)
Sponsored