Sponsored

Roush 2018-2020 Phase 2 and Phase 1 to Phase 2 available @ Beefcake Racing!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
The Phase 2 and Phase 2 upgrades are now available!!!

Product highlights for the 2018-2020 ROUSH Mustang Supercharger Kit - Phase 2 750HP:

• Produces 750 horsepower/670 lb-ft of torque
  • 50-state legal
  • Fits 2018-2020 Mustang GT 5.0L V8
  • High-Capacity Cooling Technology with a full-face low temperature radiator
  • Compatible with both automatic and manual transmissions
  • Features Eaton’s TVS R2650 technology for increased power output throughout the RPM band
  • Engineered for durability with large bearings and timing gears
  • Calibration optimized for 93 octane fuel, compatible with premium fuel
  • 3-year/36,000 mile limited ROUSH powertrain warranty included
  • Includes all necessary installation hardware
  • Note: Not compatible with Ford Mustang 5.0L equipped to meet Euro 6.2 emission standards. (Euro 6.2 dictates the use of particulate filters which are not compatible with the Roush Supercharger system)
The ROUSH Phase 2 Supercharger kit builds on the enhanced performance of the Phase 1 supercharger system and boosts the stock 5.0L V8 Ford Mustang GT to an astounding 750 horsepower and 670 pound-feet of torque - a gain of 290 horsepower over the stock engine.

The high-capacity low temperature radiator provides increased cooling capability and works with Eaton’s TVS R2650 technology for greater power output. The larger LTR and upgraded calibration work in harmony to improve cooling and optimize performance, giving drivers extra laps at the track.

The Phase 2 Supercharger delivers thrilling power, unparalleled performance, and versatility across both manual and automatic transmissions. The complete system is optimized for 93-octane fuel for superior performance. At ROUSH Performance, we believe in offering even more. ROUSH ensures every 2018-2020 5.0L Mustang Phase 2 Supercharger offers peace of mind with our 3-year/36,000-mile ROUSH limited powertrain warranty.

50-State emissions-legal on 2018-2020 Mustangs (CARB E.O. #D-418-33).

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/422184/

422184.jpg

and we have the phase 2 upgrade as well for those that already own a phase 1 kit

this package maintains Carb as well!

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/422185/

422185-1-555x389.jpg
Sponsored

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I am hoping they come out with a Phase 3 for the 2015-2017

John

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I’ll be the first to say that if you already have the phase 1 kit with an upgraded LTR you are forced to buy it again. My LTR was upgraded months ago and Roush won’t sell you the tune without the LTR. Booooo!!!!!

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I’ll be the first to say that if you already have the phase 1 kit with an upgraded LTR you are forced to buy it again. My LTR was upgraded months ago and Roush won’t sell you the tune without the LTR. Booooo!!!!!
LTR? My car is basically stock, or were you talking in general, not to me.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Low temp radiator. They changed the design of the radiator halfway through the year last year. If you have the new radiator already like I do, you have to buy a second one to get the tune for phase two.

Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Unfortunately the tune will be weak and don’t know if the upgraded heat exchanger will keep IAT2’s down. Hard to believe a 18-20 Phase 2 on a 2650 blower is 750hp on a stock motor that has 460hp and the 15-17 Phase 2 on a 2300 blower is 727hp on a stock motor putting out 435hp. I was expecting at least 800hp out of this.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
Roush has always been conservative with tunes... It helps keep warranty issues at bay.. Want more HP, get a custom tune, but with great power comes great responsibility, and the potential to break things faster.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have the Roush Phase 2 on my 17 GT and the Roush tune was not very good and had tons of nannies built in. I custom tuned the car pretty quickly and not a single issue so far 15,500 miles later.

No reason for the tune to be so conservative that a tune/intake/headers/e85 N/A car can run with or outrun the Roush blower car on the Roush tune. $7500-$8000 for the kit plus install cost of $1000-$2000 should not get outrun by the same car N/A with maybe $3500 in mods.

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
in general the 15-17 and 18-19 are really very similar as far as what they hold and do. the 18's have higher compression, so you typically don't throw as much boost at it to make the same power, but your gonna be limited on fuel quality.

as far as the tune, the roush is super popular with the guys who actually worry about their warranty as roush has nice backign on their kits with their tune

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it's Joke.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I agree that making those with Phase 1 who already have the upgraded LTR pay for it again is insane. I suspect Roush will eventually step up to the plate and just offer the tune (for a price) to those who already have the LTR. Basically, the only difference between the later phase 1 kit and the new phase 2 is the tune.

For those who are considering the full kit, I think it has several benefits if the use is just for the street. The warranty is a benefit for sure. The Roush Calibration has provided excellent drivability and safety. The TVS 2650 has an excellent reputation and is used in the GT 500. No doubt the street performance will be impressive. Being affiliated with Ford is a nice benefit.

Unfortunately, the Roush kit has issues for those of us who like to go the the drag strip on a fairly regular basis. According to those with the upgraded LTR, heat soak is still a problem. The design of the Roush is contrary to VMP, Edelbrock and Whipple in that the Roush has the intercooler under the blower where it is hotter. The others have it on top where it can be larger and further away from the heat. It is no accident that the GT500 has the intercooler on top like Edelbrock and the others.

I am anxious to see someone with the phase 2 take it to the drag strip and provide some results. I am not talking about a one time run in mine shaft air but rather have a few runs back to back in 70-80 degree temps. I hope it performs well but I have my doubts just due to the design.

Old5.Oguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto
I have the phase 1 for my 2019. Bought the supercharger in the beginning of July. Trying to figure out if I have the new LTR, called Roush and it’s like pulling teeth. The one in my car measures 15 inches in height, 22 inches in width and 1 1/2 thick. Guy on the phone with Roush said the new ones are 3/4 thick? Makes no sense. Any help would help.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Someone posted this comparison in another thread. Pretty sure the new one is thicker than 1 1/2 inches.

roush comparison.JPG

Old5.Oguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto
Someone posted this comparison in another thread. Pretty sure the new one is thicker than 1 1/2 inches.

roush comparison.JPG
Thanks. I didn’t measure it from the sides, but I just confirmed I have the newer radiator through Roush, and doubly confirmed it by ripping my hands up to get a pic of the part number. Roush now offers just the tune for the phase 2 in case anyone is interested.
Sponsored