Bearing issue

Shlumbug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Detek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Well I dropped off k2895 at the local dealership for what seems to be either an input shaft bearing issue or throw out bearing issue. Had to go down today just to demonstrate the issue I was having as they oils that identify any issue with the clutch or car. Hope it doesn’t take a long time to get it fixed. Second time something has gone bad so far. First was the master cylinder.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Shlumbug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Detek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Tech called back. Bad flywheel and input bearing.

Ontheedge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019 K6383
That sucks, hope it wont take to long to fix it. How many miles on your bullitt?
My Bullitt 6383 with 1200 miles have a faulty gearbox, its leaking oil. going to the dealer as son as it gets out of its winterhibernation.

OP
OP

Shlumbug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Detek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Damn that’s bad. 20k

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
The mechanical and electrical gremlins are real. I have an electronic steering code that will not clear...

--NOW FOR BULLITT THEATER--

FORD - WB, we need licences to make the bullitt again.

WB - This will be a quality build, right? None of that pre-mach 1 testing you did back in the day, riiiiiiggggghhht?

FORD - Just take the money... You know its alll good... <scurries off to parts bin>

Sponsored

OP
OP

Shlumbug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Detek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
So I have an update. Picked up the car last Wednesday. Bad clutch pressure plate, flywheel and throw out bearing. Everything replaced with new. Flywheel was so jacked it took the tech 4 hours to turn it for access of the removal bolts. On my way to work Wednesday the check engine light comes on. Car was running great up till that point and even when light illuminated. Took it in Thursday. Got it back Friday with a new spark plug installed on cylinder 4 due to cracked porcelain causing misfire. Started it up this morning with yet again another check engine light. It’s at the shop now. This is getting ridiculous. Hope no one else has to go though this nonsense.

Ontheedge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019 K6383
This really sucks, one thing after the other. When i read this about all your badluck with the Bullitt, im afraid what the mecanics will find with my car, and future mods to the car dosnt fell right. Are the mustang a trustworhty car? i have my doubts. i hope all works out fine for you and that you can enjoy your Bullitt.

OP
OP

Shlumbug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Detek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Only thing I’ve done to mine are cosmetic. Jack rails, mud flaps or chip guards, shifter ball, oil catch cans, H-pipe. Swapped to amsoil 5w30 engine oil at 1600 miles. And swapped to bg synchro shift 2 at that same time for the transmission. Everything else is stock. Funny thing is I ordered the mgw shifter and it arrived today. I’ll prob install that once I get the bullitt back and see if I can keep it out of the shop for a while lol. On a positive note I have no engine tick or 2k rattle the internet is going crazy about. Just other issues. Love my bullitt and I’d still recommend it to anyone. I’m just on a roll of bad luck with it. I did get a mustang gt as a rental lol.

Last edited:

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Quick story that might help. In '89 I had a new 5.0 LX hatchback. First year fine no issues. Then once a week it would stall on the highway. Let it rest for 10 - 15 minutes then it was fine all the way to work. Took it to the dealer 8/9 times: they couldn't find anything wrong. It got so bad that I decided to start flat bedding it to the dealer right in front of the sales window. Did this 3 times & finally got the national Ford manager to visit me at the dealership. I was taking about the lemon law & I guess they got nervous. So I flat bedded the car again, it stalls & I almost crashed in heavy high speed traffic going to work, & met the national rep. We both got into the car at the dealer, it started right up, & when he got into the drivers side the car stalled! He was a big guy & his nee hit the glove box real hard. We waited & in 10 minutes the car started again. He hit the glove box door real hard & it stalled. WTF? Long of it was the motherboard, that's what it was called back then, had a fine crack in it. So when I hit a bump it pulled apart & stalled the car. Apparently by letting it sit it fixed itself, maybe shrunk? The board got replaced & I put another 30k on without any issues. Moral of the story is that you need to flat bed it to get their undivided attention. A few potential customers came out of the showroom when the flatbed pulled up & asked me what was going on so I told them. This drove the dealership sales people crazy hence the national attention.
Good luck with your issues!

OP
OP

Shlumbug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Detek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Thanks for sharing that story. I got the car back last week. They drove it a total of 245 miles or so trying to duplicate the check engine light and were unable to. It was a general misfire code not associated to any one cylinder. It’s been running fine since I picked it up. I’m also considering getting the extended warranty for it now.

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine October 2018 and got them to come down on what they were asking for an Ford Factory 5 year extended warrantee, paid $900. So I basically have an 8 year transferable warrantee. I sleep very well at night knowing this!
Sponsored