Do you need a laptop to do this?
Thanks in advance
Sponsored

FrogXA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BF XR8 Supercharged, 2017 Mustang
I used the wife's Surface Pro laptop with the free 2 month trial license of FORScan to access my 2016 Mustang GT. However, I used the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 cable that I use to run PCMTech on my supercharged XR8 Falcon and could not access all of the modules including ABS and IPC. Even though this is a relatively expensive cable, I don't think it is fully compatible with FORScan but I was able to disable the DTRL's but not enable the line lock.

I had previously tried the FORScan Lite on my phone with the XR8 but couldn't even get it to connect.

I've decided to buy the full extended license for FORScan and the new OBDLink EX cable that has been developed for FORScan so I should be able to access all modules etc. on both vehicles.
Check out the cable here - https://www.obdlink.com/ex-usb/

Reactions: gj
OP
OP
gj

gj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
It works ok on Falcons and can read codes ect on the Mustang no problem
Been doing a bit more research and it seems you need a ELM with the switch on the side for HS/MS switching?
were you using bluetooth or wifi on the Falcon

FrogXA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been doing a bit more research and it seems you need a ELM with the switch on the side for HS/MS switching?
ELM327 Bluetooth that works great with the Torque android app but didn't seem to like FORScan Lite.

OP
OP
gj

gj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
don't know why that would be
I use the wifi version on everything from 99 AU to the Mustang with FORScan Lite
Might have to buy one of the switchable versions and give that a crack

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Yuvraj is the man to speak to.

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Sorry to hijack guys, but since the topic is very similar, can one enable launch control on the 10R80 via this method too, or is there some hardware that is also requires.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Correct you need the HS/MS switching, though some units do it automatically i've heard.

I did mine via PC without issues (also wired rather than wireless). But it's a fiddly SOB that's for sure.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Sorry to hijack guys, but since the topic is very similar, can one enable launch control on the 10R80 via this method too, or is there some hardware that is also requires.
No launch control on autos

On topic, I use a wired reader with switch, hooked up to my laptop

FrogXA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
don't know why that would be
I use the wifi version on everything from 99 AU to the Mustang with FORScan Lite
Might have to buy one of the switchable versions and give that a crack
After reading this, I tried the FORScan Lite for android with the ELM327 Bluetooth on the Falcon again and it worked. It was a while ago that I tried it so it might have been an older version or something. Also tried it on the Mustang and all good there too.
You need the extended licence and a laptop to program anything with FORScan. The Lite version will read and clear error codes etc. but any changing of module code needs the full version. I would not like to try programming with WiFi or Bluetooth in case it dropped out or unpaired while writing to the vehicle. The cable in my post above switches automatically between MS-CAN and HS-CAN so doesn't need the separate switch.
If you do a search on the main forum, there are a few threads about FORScan programming and some have excel spreadsheets with lists of mods and how to activate them including line lock, diff ratio changes, Sync 3 theme changes etc.