2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I’m overseas. A lot a people dont answer their phones when its an odd skype number calling them. @Snoopy49 I understand. I do. But it just sucks. It really does
Has to be someone in the states that can act on your behalf, the runaround that you are getting is unreal.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
kilobravo said:
I second that emotion, E...BIG DAY!
You know it!

It was an interesting trip home. Car is easily the least fuel efficient vehicle I have ever owned. I'm as anti green activist as they come so I'm truly thankful the car is even produced.

The fuel tank is fairly small on these cars. When I'd fill up I'd see "~235 miles until empty" and that would go very fast. I think I gassed up 6 times to make it just over 1,000 miles. I got up at 3am on Monday to fly out and got into MO around 1pm. I left for home around 5pm, planning to stop when I got tired. I hoped to make it to Indy for the night but when I got there I kept going. Since I was driving at night I got to avoid car traffic and shared the road with all trucks for the most part. I think I only had half a dozen or so cars pass me the whole way home. Temps were around 35* with the lowest being 28* when I neared Cleveland. I tested the traction limits each time I filled up and kept the car in the bad weather mode. I would also stretch and slap myself in the face a few times when I felt fatigued, along with drinking chocolate milk and downing a granola bar or two. I only saw one cop in almost 800 miles until I got to NY. F*** NY. Only state I had to pay a toll in (two actually), and I went through Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania before entering my home state. The roads were by far the worst in NY, and I counted 26 NYS troopers that had people pulled over. They are hammering people now because the weather was clear and once it turns to shit their highway robbery revenue declines quite a bit.

Love the car. Annoying though that you have to reset the exhaust mode, drive mode, steering mode, etc, each time you fire up the car. The radio can't handle much bass before turning to shit. The Recaro seats are pure torture after 8 hours on the road (my trip was about 16 hours). The car is terrible on gas but as I mentioned that really doesn't bother me (it actually makes me smile). On the road, people like to pace from behind and stare, more so than my GT350. I had Ving Rhames' double walk over to me to talk cars in St. Louis, a car full of dudes in a rap group offer to smoke a blunt with me if they could take a group photo next to the car, and two different gas station attendants come out to compliment me on the car when filling it up. I was asked if the car was a Roush, how much power it had, how fast does it go, how expensive was it, and whether I liked it or not (?).

I will say this - the car cruises very well. I'd absolutely stick with the base seats if I planned to never track (or rarely) and avoid the Recaro seats. I don't plan on many lengthy drives so I'm content with my choice. I did notice that the softest suspension setting seems to hit potholes etc, a bit more violently than my GT350 did which I thought surprising. Once you do this you'll know what I'm talking about. And I have become spatially aware with this chassis all over again. Pulling up to a toll booth its difficult to sense how far the rims are from the curb. That comes with time in any car so I just have to get used to it again.

So it was a long day and I didn't expect to drive straight through but I did because I was worried about being caught in the snow. I crashed hard once home, got three hours of sleep, and got up to wash the car in the driveway last night. My hands were freezing while washing but I really wanted to get any residual salt powder off the car (underneath will have to wait) before putting it away for the winter. Best of all, my wife loves the car. I made her promise me she'd keep it if I kick the bucket and she smiled and said ok.:)

Last edited:

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
You know it!

It was an interesting trip home. Car is easily the least fuel efficient vehicle I have ever owned. I'm as anti green activist as they come so I'm truly thankful the car is even produced.

The fuel tank is fairly small on these cars. When I'd fill up I'd see "~235 miles until empty" and that would go very fast. I think I gassed up 6 times to make it just over 1,000 miles. I got up at 3am on Monday to fly out and got into MO around 1pm. I left for home around 5pm, planning to stop when I got tired. I hoped to make it to Indy for the night but when I got there I kept going. Since I was driving at night I got to avoid car traffic and shared the road with all trucks for the most part. I think I only had half a dozen or so cars pass me the whole way home. Temps were around 35* with the lowest being 28* when I neared Cleveland. I tested the traction limits each time I filled up and kept the car in the bad weather mode. I would also stretch and slap myself in the face a few times when I felt fatigued, along with drinking chocolate milk and downing a granola bar or two. I only saw one cop in almost 800 miles until I got to NY. F*** NY. Only state I had to pay a toll in, and I went through Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania before entering my home state. The roads were by far the worst in NY, and I counted 26 NYS troopers that had people pulled over. They are hammering people now because the weather was clear and once it turns to shit their highway robbery revenue declines quite a bit.

Love the car. Annoying though that you have to reset the exhaust mode, drive mode, steering mode, etc, each time you fire up the car. The radio can't handle much bass before turning to shit. The Recaro seats are pure torture after 8 hours on the road (my trip was about 16 hours). The car is terrible on gas but as I mentioned that really doesn't bother me (it actually makes me smile). On the road, people like to pace from behind and stare, more so than my GT350. I had Ving Rhames' double walk over to me to talk cars in St. Louis, a car full of dudes in a rap group offer to smoke a blunt with me if they could take a group photo next to the car, and two different gas station attendants come out to compliment me on the car when filling it up. I was asked if the car was a Roush, how much power it had, how fast does it go, how expensive was it, and whether I liked it or not (?).

I will say this - the car cruises very well. I'd absolutely stick with the base seats if I planned to never track (or rarely) and avoid the Recaro seats. I don't plan on many lengthy drives so I'm content with my choice. I did notice that the softest suspension setting seems to hit potholes etc, a bit more violently than my GT350 did which I thought surprising. Once you do this you'll know what I'm talking about. And I have become spatially aware with this chassis all over again. Pulling up to a toll booth its difficult to sense how far the rims are from the curb. That comes with time in any car so I just have to get used to it again.
Sounds like quite the test drive, so did you take the picture:wink:, good to hear more input on how it behaves. 28* I would have been shittin' my pants with that temp. & tires. With the Recaros, had them in my 350 but went with base seats, you make me glad that I did. I have my new paper weight & my screen saver to hold me over till Spring,can't wait to hit that first 100 mile mark. Chris :clock:

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Status Update:

Congratulations Jeff :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@jin - DELIVERED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another car has finally escaped from the dreaded railyard.

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
In case you haven't seen the 2020 GT500 whoop a** yet, you need to see it repeatedly show Dodge and Chevrolet who is on top! Great win all around for the new GT500.

Reactions: jin

Sponsored

Weee500

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Ddddaaaammmnnnnnnn

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
There was another batch of VINs released today, all of them were CFTP cars.
In the last 2 days there have been 83 new CFTP VINs issued.

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Thanks for the updates @Snoopy49. Finally it's all said and done. She is off to get PPF installed and then I can ship her home to CA from PA. Unfortunately I can't give any reviews or feedback until I get home from Afghanistan in June. She'll just be a garage beauty queen till then...lol Can't wait to come home to a garage with two Snakes, should be epic.

Now, what color wheels should I get???

IMG_4056.JPG
IMG_4057.jpg
IMG_4060.jpg
IMG_4058.jpg

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
Here are a few flip phone pics just after the car landed...
0.jpg
0-1.jpg
0-2.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Status Update:

Congratulations Justin :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@Nolimits88 - DELIVERED !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now you just have to get it home.

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Status Update:

Congratulations Trevor :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@Trev0r49 - DELIVERED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And another hostage is rescued. Yea team.:clap:

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There was another batch of VINs released today, all of them were CFTP cars.
In the last 2 days there have been 83 new CFTP VINs issued.
Thank you!