Yellow Wrench

nms_1122

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicole
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K1166
When I got in my car this morning, a yellow wrench lit up on my instrument cluster with a message that said "see manual". Fordpass sent my phone a notification regarding a powertrain failure. The car drives fine. I called my dealer and they said they could get me in next week but that it sounded like a glitch because with that light I should be having drivability issues. Anyone have anything similar happen? I have looked on some other forums but most people do highlight some drivability issues along with the wrench symbol.
Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
When I got in my car this morning, a yellow wrench lit up on my instrument cluster with a message that said "see manual". Fordpass sent my phone a notification regarding a powertrain failure. The car drives fine. I called my dealer and they said they could get me in next week but that it sounded like a glitch because with that light I should be having drivability issues. Anyone have anything similar happen? I have looked on some other forums but most people do highlight some drivability issues along with the wrench symbol.
Take it to the dealer. Do not pass go. Do not trust anyone.

Shlumbug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Detek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I’ve had the wrench pop up on me two times. It puts the car in limp mode and does not allow any modes other than normal including the exhaust. It also jerks after 3-4 rpm in limp mode. What has caused it for me is coasting in neutral for a bit, maybe half a mile and then putting it into gear. It flat out does not like me doing it. Only way I reset it is by pulling over and turning the car off for a few minutes and I’m back up to normal operation.

OP
OP
nms_1122

nms_1122

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicole
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K1166
Thank you for your replies. I left it in the garage just to be safe and brought it in to my dealer today. They scanned it and no codes popped. Cleared it, drove it, didn't come back on. Chalked it up to a computer glitch, but it's documented at least if anything else happens.
Sponsored