Sponsored

HELP ME OUT, buying my first mustang.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
It's always easy to spend someone else's money.

Both are good, reliable, fun to drive cars.

Buy the one YOU like and screw what anyone else thinks.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are rough. I got my eb premium brand new for 23k otd. There’s deals to be had on leftovers etc I broke it down to needs vs cost

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium Fastback PP1 with all of the goodies, 06 mountaineer, 03 expedition EB, and a couple of old Clark forklifts.
you might want to expand all those TLAs (three letter acronyms)
My apologies - Tax, Tittle, License... it's normally $500. Mustang Club of America. I live and breath acronyms for a living! :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My apologies - Tax, Tittle, License... it's normally $500. Mustang Club of America. I live and breath acronyms for a living! :)
Yeah, the MCA part we got, it was the tittle part that we weren’t sure of. :crackup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
That first one is only 33 miles away, I might go drive that one and see what its about. On the other hand I find it kinda bland but a set of new rims can do wonders. I didnt look at 18's because it was a new refresh and kinda wanted to avoid it due to some issues ive read about. The 19' seems better

OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
What part of Ohio? Dayton? If so message me we can take my ecoboost out let you see how a ford tune could feel for ya

personally love my eco, unless I had money to blow in gas I wouldn’t consider a gt for my life
I live in the Massillon/Canton area. Close to the football hall of fame

Shewantsthe5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT, 2014 Black Jeep SRT
I paid 22k OTD on my 2016 GT Premium Auto with 45k on it less than 6 months ago. You can a GT/EB for a steal you just have to look around. Also you can very safely run 87 in the GT and not notice the power loss to make up for the 5mpg difference. Honestly the GT is more of an enthusiast style compared to EB being the sensible DD. Since you a;ready have a DD get the GT more room to grow if you do ever get bit by mod bug and engine notes alone make it worth the price.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'd suggest stop going to dealerships, and use Cargurus.com to search.

Those prices you quotes don't sound all that good.

OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I'd suggest stop going to dealerships, and use Cargurus.com to search.

Those prices you quotes don't sound all that good.
I use Autolist, Autotrader, Cars.com and Cargurus to find cars. Oddly enough, the ecoboost i was looking at on Cargurus says it's a "great deal"

OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I paid 22k OTD on my 2016 GT Premium Auto with 45k on it less than 6 months ago. You can a GT/EB for a steal you just have to look around. Also you can very safely run 87 in the GT and not notice the power loss to make up for the 5mpg difference. Honestly the GT is more of an enthusiast style compared to EB being the sensible DD. Since you a;ready have a DD get the GT more room to grow if you do ever get bit by mod bug and engine notes alone make it worth the price.
I cant really go wrong with either, from what everyone else has said Its down to budget and needs/wants. In all my cars, I didnt mod much, at most its Rims, new radio, Led lights, Air intake etc. Im still slightly leaning toward the ecoboost, 310 hp is still a lot and as much as that v8 sounds nice I feel like in the end im going to enjoy whatever I get. Just being able to say I own a decent sports car thats not beat to hell or 30 years old is something i thought Id never get to have.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Get a GT over an EB. Way better power to weight ratio. The GT weighs 3705 and pushes 8.42 lbs/HP. The EB weighs 3532 and pushes 11.58 lbs/HP. That's a 37% difference. You will definitely feel that. The difference in handling 173 lbs makes on a car in that weight range will be minimal. You will never get bored of the power and will most likely want more. Like in the 500HP range. At least that's been my experience.

And then there's that sweet sound, especially with some sporty AB's...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Get a GT over an EB. Way better power to weight ratio. The GT weighs 3705 and pushes 8.42 lbs/HP. The EB weighs 3532 and pushes 11.58 lbs/HP. That's a 37% difference. You will definitely feel that. The difference in handling 173 lbs makes on a car in that weight range will be minimal. You will never get bored of the power and will most likely want more. Like in the 500HP range. At least that's been my experience.

And then there's that sweet sound, especially with some sporty AB's...
This would be great information & advise if OP were going to track his car. He's not. He also has a price point. He can get a newer better optioned EB or an older less optioned GT. Strictly based on OP's needs the EB make more sense for him, now.
Sponsored