Rock Guards

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
After reading both pages of these posts it sounds to me that none of the above work very well. I read all posts carefully and at the moment color me not impressed with any of them. Still looking for a rock solid solution. No pun intended.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I pre

ordered as well. Cheap enough to try if does not work will look at the other option.
I like these, but they don't provide the rock protection down the car, and especially in front of the rear wheel. My last two mustangs were sandblasted by rocks getting shot down the side by the front tire. I will get my car back in a week from PPF install and will install the Rokblokz to see how well they do/do not fit.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
I like these, but they don't provide the rock protection down the car, and especially in front of the rear wheel. My last two mustangs were sandblasted by rocks getting shot down the side by the front tire. I will get my car back in a week from PPF install and will install the Rokblokz to see how well they do/do not fit.
Iā€™m very interested in how the ROKBLOKZ mount. Thatā€™s the biggest challenge right now. They look like the right size, and probably use the three pushpins at the bottom. Itā€™s the top part that has me puzzled.
Let us know.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Iā€™m very interested in how the ROKBLOKZ mount. Thatā€™s the biggest challenge right now. They look like the right size, and probably use the three pushpins at the bottom. Itā€™s the top part that has me puzzled.
Let us know.
Assuming it's the same as the GT mounting (and we're talking about the front), there's 3 connection points, the bottom 2 use existing factory pushpin locations (with a replacement push pin that's a receiver for the screw/collar), while the top uses a clip that latches onto the inner fold/edge of the fender lip. Interestingly, the same clip is also used as a screw receiver on the rear (just flipped around), a really neat modular design in terms of parts.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Assuming it's the same as the GT mounting (and we're talking about the front), there's 3 connection points, the bottom 2 use existing factory pushpin locations (with a replacement push pin that's a receiver for the screw/collar), while the top uses a clip that latches onto the inner fold/edge of the fender lip. Interestingly, the same clip is also used as a screw receiver on the rear (just flipped around), a really neat modular design in terms of parts.
Look at the pix posted in #21 & 22 above.
The GT500 front fender is plastic and not made the same as any other Mustang.

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I will find out for sure when I get my car back. Actually, in the AM I will grab the directions and hardware and see what I can dig up and report back. The top part, if I remember from glancing the directions a few months ago, doesnā€™t use the same edge that you are referring to, it kinds pinches itself in place from behind the rolled inner side of the fender. We shall see

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will find out for sure when I get my car back. Actually, in the AM I will grab the directions and hardware and see what I can dig up and report back. The top part, if I remember from glancing the directions a few months ago, doesnā€™t use the same edge that you are referring to, it kinds pinches itself in place from behind the rolled inner side of the fender. We shall see
Thanks in advance for whatever info you have.
But I think you will find the GT500 doesnā€™t have that lip and the inner-liner is depressed back an inch+, so would be difficult to attach to that without a thick spacer or something.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yep, that's good clarification, specifically about not having a lip as that's where the RokBlokz fasten.

Maybe they'll have a clip that pushes onto the edge of the fender, though obv. that design would make the clip a little visible (some other designs do this, even for the GT, which is why I really liked the RokBlokz, plus no tape, just one inconsequential permanent mod to the rear inner plastic liner).

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here are the instructions. Looks like the top clip pinches the inner fender. I wont know for sure if it does not fit until I get my car home and try it.
Instructions1.png

Instructions2.png

Front1.png
Front2.png
Rear1.png
Rear2.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Jaime. Based on these instructions, the fronts mount on that lip all other Mustangs have. But the GT500 doesnā€™t have that edge.
Maybe thereā€™s a way to attached to the fender liner, but it would take some long extensions/screws to do it as it recessed a bit.
Let us know when you have a chance to test fit and see what mods might be required.
When they announced the GT500 had plastic fenders (and hood), I was surprised and leery as to how that works. Seeing the fenders glued to metal brackets is interesting.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Jaime. Based on these instructions, the fronts mount on that lip all other Mustangs have. But the GT500 doesnā€™t have that edge.
Maybe thereā€™s a way to attached to the fender liner, but it would take some long extensions/screws to do it as it recessed a bit.
Let us know when you have a chance to test fit and see what mods might be required.
When they announced the GT500 had plastic fenders (and hood), I was surprised and leery as to how that works. Seeing the fenders glued to metal brackets is interesting.
Funny you mention the glued brackets..... My passenger fender has an a few, what look like dings, in the upper portion near where am antenna would mount on older cars. They did dot budge when the PPF shop called in a paintless ding guy. He spent 3 hours trying without success. The national data base, searched by VIN, shows the car has aluminum fenders, which is not true. So now my car will go to a body shop of my choice to get the fender worked, painted and blended, along with new side stripes applied. Good news is Ford is warranty covering both the repair and the paintless ding repair bill. Just sucks to be needing body work on a spanking new car.

It appears this was a defect in the fender prior to painting, otherwise I donā€™t know how a composite fender could "ding".

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Performance Pack 2, 1985 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 1977 Ford LTDII, 1984 Ford Bronco, 1976 Honda CB550, 1981 Honda CB900C
Are the GT350 mud flaps larger than the GT ones? I was just curious if the fitment is different or of the physical flap is larger considering wider tires. I have the PP2 and the wheels stick out quite a bit.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Here are the instructions. Looks like the top clip pinches the inner fender. I wont know for sure if it does not fit until I get my car home and try it.
Instructions1.png

Instructions2.png

Front1.png
Front2.png
Rear1.png
Rear2.png
Let me just say this from an old timer that has been around the block a time or 60. I went over to the website of "ROKBLOKZ.com" to look at their website and of course their products. The first thing "I always do" when looking at a companys website is to check out as to if they have a "PHONE NUMBER OR NOT". THEY DO NOT OFFER ONE. I absolutely refuse to buy anything from a company that does not clearly post their phone number on their site. That my friends comes from buying "stuff" for some 50+ years now. To me it sends the message of "don't bother to call us as we don't really have time for you". Again, sorry but I just don't buy things from sites that refuse to put their phone number out there front and center. Ramblings from an "Old Timer".
Sponsored