Putting together suspension build plan, need feedback

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
From what I have heard, the Steeda dual rate is mostly compressed at ride height taking up the soft initial rate. But, I might be mistaken. The higher rate portion is significantly stiffer though.

Almost certainly the Steeda DR will ride stiffer. And it should give a different experience which is why I'm saying it's a big difference.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
As the car sits, the lower rate of the Steeda dual-rates are almost used up - about 5mm of travel left before the higher rate is engaged. We'll have to ping @SteedaTech to clarify if the remaining travel was being expressed at the wheel or at the spring. If at the spring (likely), that means there is 3/4" of wheel travel before the rate change.

OP
OP
1MeanZ

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
I 100% understand and track with what you guys are saying now. All I can go from is what is published about this stuff, but as we are all aware that's only part of the story sometimes.

Stuff like this is why I tend to want to just punt and buy a whole kit from FRPP or Steeda.....

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I 100% understand and track with what you guys are saying now. All I can go from is what is published about this stuff, but as we are all aware that's only part of the story sometimes.

Stuff like this is why I tend to want to just punt and buy a whole kit from FRPP or Steeda.....
Or BMR... Some SP083 springs and either the Ford Performance or Bilstein dampers would be a very good setup. Take this from a guy who had the FRPP track kit. Not my first setup on this car. The well designed package is great, but it's not always the best. Someone somewhere who designed it inserted his/her own preferences. It can still be improved upon.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Can't go wrong with steeda parts. I started with the stop the hop starter kit, dual rates and camber plates. However I would recommend you go with a milder spring since you don't have magneride. Not certain what shocks and struts to recommend. Start there and grow from there.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
I had the parts in my sig installed yesterday (I need to update that to show they're installed) and only put 30 or so miles on it in the cold and damp weather but I'm quite happy with the result. I still need a real alignment. Firestone was the only available option to get it drivable and I doubt they actually clocked the bushings but it's already a night and day improvement.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm treating camber plates and the roll center correction and bump steer kits as mandatory even with my 1.1-1" drop from the Eibach's. Do the rest of you consider this mandatory?
With a lot of autocross or much track use I agree camber plates are manditory. The others not so much. Though I hear good things about them. And doing everything at once will save you time/money on the installation.

It is basicly impossible to compare rates for variable rate springs, because what matters is the rate at ride height and under load. Something the internet rate data can't tell you. So I am all with you on picking a matched package, or failing that sticking with a single manufacturer. And buying a package would probably be just as cheap as piecing together parts but keeping the Eibach springs.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Let me know if I can help set you up with a professional consultation with our Steeda Build Team!

TJ

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It is basicly impossible to compare rates for variable rate springs, because what matters is the rate at ride height and under load. Something the internet rate data can't tell you.
Agreed. Part of the problem is that the inside wheel extending its spring isn't operating at the same spring rate as the outer wheel compressing its spring.

In terms of roll reduction, most aftermarket progressive or dual-rate springs rely mainly on the outside springs being compressed into the firm rate region. The soft rate region that the inside springs extend up into typically isn't much stiffer than OE. Call it a halfway step.

As to the matter of "matched packages", there seem to be a couple of 'unofficial packages' put together by members here that are "matched packages" in all respects other than the fact that the individuals themselves are not aftermarket suspension supply businesses. That doesn't make such "packages" inferior.

Norm

Last edited:

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thank's for the link. That's similar to the setup I'm slowly working my way towards. Seems like it would make a nice street/track car.
I can assure you it does. Very nice, indeed.
Sponsored