Sponsored

Anyone from late 90s-mid 2000s Corral forums hang out here?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I was there in Corral.net in first days. I believe Chris or Christoper owned it? I had my same user name.

It is dead today as I see it. It was mostly Fox body cars, and they never did the newer cars.

Here is my 1st Fox car ordered from the dealer (pics in my gallery).

89LX.jpg
Yea, it was Chris Ihara. He started Corral before there were Internet forums, we were on a Bulletin Board system until VBB Forums came to be... I’ve been on that site since inception, the Bulletin board days were fun... Trying to track your messages and responses was hella fun (not)...

IIRC, Chris became a member of a VA Police Dept or VA State Trooper. He then sold off the Corral to that Canadian company, VerticalScope which puts every automotive forum they buy into the gutter....

Bob Cosby was a Moderator there at one point and very well known for having one of the fastest 5.0 black notchbacks around (made it into many Mustang magazines and was heavily followed by many).
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yea, it was Chris Ihara. He started Corral before there were Internet forums, we were on a Bulletin Board system until VBB Forums came to be... I’ve been on that site since inception, the Bulletin board days were fun... Trying to track your messages and responses was hella fun (not)...

IIRC, Chris became a member of a VA Police Dept or VA State Trooper. He then sold off the Corral to that Canadian company, VerticalScope which puts every automotive forum they buy into the gutter....

Bob Cosby was a Moderator there at one point and very well known for having one of the fastest 5.0 black notchbacks around (made it into many Mustang magazines and was heavily followed by many).
I miss those days.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
I do too!

I Learned a lot about the 5.0 fox bodies from there and tried to help when I could.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Corral was the first time I read the word “TwEECer” lol.

Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, it was Chris Ihara. He started Corral before there were Internet forums, we were on a Bulletin Board system until VBB Forums came to be... .
I think I meet him at a race at Road Atlanta? He was driving a Mustang.

Corral was a busy place at one time. I remember coming back to the site after two days, and there would be 100 new topics in Off-Topic.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
I still lurk there and get a good laugh at some of the threads there. This places kinda reminds me of that with the '"which exhaust" posts and a few guys that seem to know there stuff.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I still lurk there and get a good laugh at some of the threads there. This places kinda reminds me of that with the '"which exhaust" posts and a few guys that seem to know there stuff.
I just looked back at Corral that has a fresh modern look. Heck, it is a good place for the new Fox body guys. We are the old Fox body guys. :shock:

The new Fox body Mustang first appeared in ~1979 with it's new modern 5.0L engine. The new guys with go-faster parts got involved with Ford parts to allow a faster car than the old muscle car era in 1963-1973.

My 1989 Mustang LX with a 4:10 gear (from Ford parts) won a big race that was broadcasted live on Z93 Rock radio. I won $1000 and a set of new BFG tires.
1989LX.jpg

Now, it has been 30 years later.. I have gained a few pounds but the 2019 Ford GT350 is much more faster with no mods.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
I was on Corral and a couple others I can't remember. Someone there posted a video of my car going full dukes of hazzard after hitting a speedbump I couldn't see. It was a GT whose 4.6 went through an absolutely obscene amount of nitrous over the course of the 60k miles I drove it. Loved that car, didn't baby it, was still perfect the day I sold it with over 110k miles. I wish I still had that car.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I had four Fox body (1978--1993) cars at one time.

Foxcars.jpg

I also owned several SN95 cars (1994--2004). Many of the parts of the SN95 came from the older Fox cars. I owned three early SN95 cars but never owned the "New Age" design from 1999-2004. The S197 (aka, the Ford D2C platform) had the major revamp (2004-2014).

Before the internet and Corral.net, I remember getting several Mustang magazines. I learned how to work on and modify the Fox cars from those magazines (they are all gone now).

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rico
Vehicle(s)
90 5L, 84 capri rs, 17 gt pp, 09 f350 6.4L
was on corral and stangnet, been many years since I stopped in there for a visit.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Yep, I spent a lot of time there. Then it was sold and died.

Ihara created a small site for the regulars to migrate to, but then there was a database issue that he didn't have time to deal with, so it is gone.
Sponsored