2019 Bullitt Bra

Blkbllt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullit
Has anybody found a bra that fits the 2019 Bullitt? For some reason I'm under the impression that a bra that fits a GT won't necessarily fit the Bullitt. I'm hesitant to take it on a "road trip" until I can protect the front end from rocks or road debris.
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
The front ends are the same.

If you're looking for a clear bra, there's a ton. The Xpel one on my GT is great.

If you're looking for an old school strap-on, be prepared for it to buff away the paint wherever it's in hard contact.

Or were you looking for the real-old-school 50s version bullet bra?
download.jpg

OP
OP

Blkbllt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullit
The front ends are the same.

If you're looking for a clear bra, there's a ton. The Xpel one on my GT is great.

If you're looking for an old school strap-on, be prepared for it to buff away the paint wherever it's in hard contact.

Or were you looking for the real-old-school 50s version bullet bra?
download.jpg
Thanks Zooks... going back and forth on clear bra. I'd definitely go with Excel if I go that way. An "old school" detail man cautioned me against going with a clear since I have the shadow black. He said I'll always see a ghost image and didn't think I'd be happy with that. I was thinking maybe a strap-on for limited road trips only but I definitely don't want to buff away the finish. I guess I'll just have to wrestle my way through this decision. Good to know front ends are the same; I thought there may be a difference in the splitter. Thanks for the pic of the 1955 Cadillac... :cwl:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An "old school" detail man cautioned me against going with a clear since I have the shadow black. He said I'll always see a ghost image and didn't think I'd be happy with that.
I had a 3M clear bra on my gloss black 335 and an Xpel on my metallic black 235. You could see where they were, but I never found them offensive, and they beat all hell out of the paint nicks that would have appeared in the spots where I could find rock hits on the clear film. I found the Xpel to be far superior to the 3M (and I have Xpel on my GT), but even the 3M was far better than what would have resulted without it.

Good to know front ends are the same; I thought there may be a difference in the splitter.
The splitter would be different if you have a PP2 GT instead of PP1 or straight GT versus the Bullitt. A more exact statement would be that any of the areas where a clear bra would be placed have identical sheet metal. There's a few changes around in the grill and lower section, but those spots don't get coated with film and would have no effect on a mechanical bra fitment.

Sponsored

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I had a 3M clear bra on my gloss black 335 and an Xpel on my metallic black 235. You could see where they were, but I never found them offensive, and they beat all hell out of the paint nicks that would have appeared in the spots where I could find rock hits on the clear film. I found the Xpel to be far superior to the 3M (and I have Xpel on my GT), but even the 3M was far better than what would have resulted without it.

The splitter would be different if you have a PP2 GT instead of PP1 or straight GT versus the Bullitt. A more exact statement would be that any of the areas where a clear bra would be placed have identical sheet metal. There's a few changes around in the grill and lower section, but those spots don't get coated with film and would have no effect on a mechanical bra fitment.
Did you have a 1/2 hood? I cant see lines at all on my Bullitt with a full front clip wrapped.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have a 1/2 hood? I cant see lines at all on my Bullitt with a full front clip wrapped.
1/3 hood, but, yeah, there was a line. I could see it because I knew where to look. If you asked someone else, it would take them a couple of seconds to find it, followed by them saying that they wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't brought it up.

I don't think you would be able to see a full Xpel hood wrap if were done by the guy who did my car (Wheel Dynamix in Natick, MA).
Sponsored