Help Me Build a PP2 Automatic

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I think somebody doesn't want to admit they are wrong and will dance around their statement to convince their self they are right.:giggle:

I will just say this; if you put the FP magneride spring and sway kit in a PP1, it will lower the PP1 20mm and you will basically have the same springs and sways as the GT350R. Making it a better handling car than the PP2, but at what cost to comfort.
By the same token; if I put the FP springs and sways in my PP2, it would lower it 20mm, and handle like a GT350R. But then my wife wouldn't want to ride with me, and I still enjoy her company, most of the time.
Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I
I think somebody doesn't want to admit they are wrong and will dance around their statement to convince their self they are right.:giggle:

I will just say this; if you put the FP magneride spring and sway kit in a PP1, it will lower the PP1 20mm and you will basically have the same springs and sways as the GT350R. Making it a better handling car than the PP2, but at what cost to comfort.
By the same token; if I put the FP springs and sways in my PP2, it would lower it 20mm, and handle like a GT350R. But then my wife wouldn't want to ride with me, and I still enjoy her company, most of the time.
I have a PP1 with Magneride. Magneride does not lower the car at all. If you’re talking about the ford performance lowering springs, which I also have, made for Magneride it makes the car .77in lower. Not .20mm.

Last edited:

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I

I have a PP1 with Magneride. Magneride does not lower the car at all. If you’re talking about the ford performance lowering springs, which I also have, made for Magneride it makes the car .77in lower. Not .20mm.
I believe that is exactly what I said. Oh, and if you convert millimeters to inches, it comes out to just about 3/4 of an inch. If you get wrapped around the axle over a .1 of an inch or a millimeter, you have issues.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe that is exactly what I said. Oh, and if you convert millimeters to inches, it comes out to just about 3/4 of an inch. If you get wrapped around the axle over a .1 of an inch or a millimeter, you have issues.
Need to be more accurate with those measurements. Jk. I don’t know why I brain farted on the whole mm to in conversion. But yes you can get the kit and it also comes with a Magneride recalibration by ford performance. That kit will make the car lower than the PP2 and technically the same from a handling stand point except for the ABS recalibration the PP2 comes with.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
except for the ABS recalibration the PP2 comes with.
I very much doubt that assertion is any more than marketing drivel. There is no rational basis for there to be any merit to different maps for trim level differences on all coyote v3 cars equipped with the same brakes. This would include the Bullitt. I'll eat my hat when someone dumps the ABS controller maps and shows that the tables are different.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I very much doubt that assertion is any more than marketing drivel. There is no rational basis for there to be any merit to different maps for trim level differences on all coyote v3 cars equipped with the same brakes. This would include the Bullitt. I'll eat my hat when someone dumps the ABS controller maps and shows that the tables are different.
I mean if Fords lying they leave themselves open for a law suit considering they advertise that. So I’m going to say it’s probably true.

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aren't both front and rears brembos on e.g PP1 and PP2 but the rears are not labeled as such?
No front only. If it’s not advertised it’s not there. That’s my golden rule in regards to options on a car.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I believe I have seen that it is brembos in the rear but I might be mistaken

No front only. If it’s not advertised it’s not there. That’s my golden rule in regards to options on a car.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes true, but I believe the rears are one pots brembos as well.

Or maybe I am just drunk :D

On GT350's and GT500's. That's it. PP1 and PP2 cars still use single pot sliders in the rear.
Sponsored