Sponsored

Taking Another Chance

nockiefla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT-350
Just picked up a new 19 GT-350. I am praying this time for some luck with Ford. I had a 19 Bullit with engine issues so I dumped the car. Not to complain but I have never had any luck with any Ford product I have ever purchased. Every one of them has been trouble. First was a 1986 Mustang GT. First-year for fuel injection. That car believe it or not burned 15 quarts of oil in the first 300 miles! The engine was replaced and then I got rid of it. No need to mention all the others.

Anyway enough complaining. Always wanted a Shelby so I again took a leap of faith and I am giving Ford one more chance. The first thing I had done at 22 miles was to have a complete paint correction by a Pro and ceramic coating. The car looks fantastic and so far at 33 miles no issues. LOL!

Not my daily driver so it will only be driven in nice weather and live a pampered life as long as she treats me right. I also have a 19 Hellcat widebody. I wanted to have one car with a manual and one with an auto.

Wish me luck guys, nice to join the club!
IMG_0622.JPG
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just picked up a new 19 GT-350. I am praying this time for some luck with Ford. I had a 19 Bullit with engine issues so I dumped the car. Not to complain but I have never had any luck with any Ford product I have ever purchased. Every one of them has been trouble. First was a 1986 Mustang GT. First-year for fuel injection. That car believe it or not burned 15 quarts of oil in the first 300 miles! The engine was replaced and then I got rid of it. No need to mention all the others.

Anyway enough complaining. Always wanted a Shelby so I again took a leap of faith and I am giving Ford one more chance. The first thing I had done at 22 miles was to have a complete paint correction by a Pro and ceramic coating. The car looks fantastic and so far at 33 miles no issues. LOL!

Not my daily driver so it will only be driven in nice weather and live a pampered life as long as she treats me right. I also have a 19 Hellcat widebody. I wanted to have one car with a manual and one with an auto.

IMG_0622.JPG
Good luck!!!!! Hope you do not need it.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Gorgeous

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
Beautiful car, good luck with it. Interesting how some people have bad luck with one car and blame the entire product line and company for being bad. I gave Dodge a chance with a Dakota pickup back in 2000 and it was such a piece of crap that I swore I'd never buy another Chrysler product again. I did Corvette a chance twice on two C7s and both were awesome to drive, great gas mileage, but the build quality sucked. The first had a really bad rattle in the roof which they couldn't stop and the second (museum delivery) started rattling in the dash 4 miles from the museum on the way home. Never could fix it. I've owned Ford products, mostly Mustangs and F150's for the past 19 years and have trouble with only one, a Focus. I knew they were experiencing transmission shifting issues from Consumer Reports but gave it a chance anyway. My bad. You've chosen the most high strung and likely suspect for trouble with the GT350 but I hope it treats you well. Mine certainly has.

hperea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
TBD

IMG_0622.JPG
I wish you nothing but the BEST. The car looks amazing, that black with white stripes looks pretty good.
Sometimes I thinks WHY....yes WHY brand new ford vehicles including the GT350 come out of the factory with not only body panel issues, but mechanical issues.
Do not feel bad you are not the only one. I am NOT complaining, just a fact.
My wife and I leased a 2017 Ford Explorer, new....
- Had to change tires at 16, 000 miles, the factory ones were gone!!
- There was a week of heavy rain here in Miami and the car took water. Five to Six inches inside the whole car. I was told by the dealer that the water hit the windshield and instead of shooting it out, it went inside the car...the factory forgot to plug some type of "gutter" that drives the water from the windshield out.
- The AC, on the 3rd/last lease year started making a "clink" sound. We took it to the dealer..AGAIN and they fixed it.
- Last, the gas mileage....BAD. 15 MPG average...
So, do not feel bad, you are not alone.
Is it quality control? Is it assembly problem? Is it product quality? Do not know, but It happens more often than you think.
Above all this, I still like FORD. I still would love to have a GT350 one day...soon I hope.

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Congrats and good luck. I too found my desire to have a Shelby (a lifelong dream) to be more compelling over my previous Ford experiences. That said, this is my 1st Ford in over 35 years. So far so good and no issues aside from a quirky Sync 3 use of apps. No rattles and a few interior 'ticks' seemed to have worked themselves out. Some rpm bands of the Voodoo create a buzz - but this car is not about refinement, and it is an expected compromise to have access to amazing handling, power and that glorious sound. All for a price point I find fair. Enjoy the ride!

phinhead34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 / 2009 GT500
Congratulations and hopefully better luck on the new Shelby. Car looks great.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations and hopefully better luck on the new Shelby. Car looks great.
Congratulations! Hang in there with this one. It's worth the risk!

OP
OP
nockiefla

nockiefla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT-350
Thank you all for the good wishes! Much appreciated. I went for a little ride today to put a few miles on. Have 45 now. My car had 11 miles on it when purchased. The car seems very tight so I took it easy. Very surprised how civilized the ride quality is in normal mode as well as exhaust being pretty quiet compared to my Challenger Hellcat.
Today I had a chance to look over the car really well for the first time. For the most part, is it seems to be put together pretty well.
The only thing I noticed which I guess is not a big deal is that the front spoiler and plastic belly pan right behind it has a few scrapes on it as well as a few of the black rivets.
Wonder whether the dealer did it or the guy that drove it off the car carrier.
Anyone else notice this on their car?

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you all for the good wishes! Much appreciated. I went for a little ride today to put a few miles on. Have 45 now. My car had 11 miles on it when purchased. The car seems very tight so I took it easy. Very surprised how civilized the ride quality is in normal mode as well as exhaust being pretty quiet compared to my Challenger Hellcat.
Today I had a chance to look over the car really well for the first time. For the most part, is it seems to be put together pretty well.
The only thing I noticed which I guess is not a big deal is that the front spoiler and plastic belly pan right behind it has a few scrapes on it as well as a few of the black rivets.
Wonder whether the dealer did it or the guy that drove it off the car carrier.
Anyone else notice this on their car?
its bound to happen in transport at some point..... Just get some Sliplo units to avoid additional scrapage

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Itā€™s funny all the comments about rattles... do yā€™all really expect the GT350 to be a rattle-free experience?
So far in this thread there are 3 mentions of the word 'rattles'. 2 of them are your post. The other is in my post preceded by the word 'no'. Where are all the comments about rattles?

ixfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
So far in this thread there are 3 mentions of the word 'rattles'. 2 of them are your post. The other is in my post preceded by the word 'no'. Where are all the comments about rattles?
You're right. I'll delete my post. Sorry for bothering you

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
So around ā€˜88 I bought a new Eddie Bauer Bronco. After around 10Kmiles ā€œthingsā€ started to happen that couldnā€™t be rectified. To be honest, I donā€™t remember specifics but I do remember this. I told my wife ā€œif I ever want to buy a Ford again, take me in the back yard and shoot me in the headā€. True story of unbelievable frustration.
After all this time Iā€™m willing to give it another shot with the amazing GT350. The best part is the Mrs is over it as well....all is good.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats and good luck with this one. Right now I've got 1100 miles on my '19 with no issues.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG

IMG_0622.JPG
Welcome to the club! Your car looks awesome! I have had great luck with Ford pickups over the years, but the GT350 is my first Mustang.

How much was the paint correction and ceramic coating? I am thinking about doing it on my 2018, so I am looking for ballpark numbers.
Sponsored