Sponsored

2016 EcoBoost Tune / CAI to choose

Norritt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Hi Friends,

I was taking a look at the Ford Performance CAI / Tune package they offer for the EcoBoost, but was wondering since at this point I am not worrying about maintaining the warranty on a 2016 (common reason why folks go with this package), are there any recommendations of a package that gives better gains for the EcoBoost?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I feel safe with my ford performance tune, majority of the (all of them I have seen) have all been protunes, that is why I chose the FP tune. Not so much warranty which is nice, but the fact that it isn't the main reason I see going boom. I think I read one guy with FP tune but that was it, compared to the 100 others.

Less work too, just toss an intercooler + tune and good to go. Dont bother with CAI unless you want a new look, the factory one with drop in kn filter is optimal. I bought the ford tune for 540 from LMR and then I only installed the tune, + bought a 50 dollar kn filter from autzone and sold the gt350 intake for like 250 bucks lol.

oh if you want an intake, the FP comes with an intake, but I like the oem intake myself. so I sold it.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Friends,

I was taking a look at the Ford Performance CAI / Tune package they offer for the EcoBoost, but was wondering since at this point I am not worrying about maintaining the warranty on a 2016 (common reason why folks go with this package), are there any recommendations of a package that gives better gains for the EcoBoost?

Thanks in advance!

There are better bang for the buck tunes out there, Cobb, tune+, etc and some carry life time tunes for further mods in the future, the ford package does not, it gets you to a certain power level with no possibility of upgrade, without changing to another tuner.
Be aware that once you start down the rabbit hole, you’ll want more, so you may as well go with something that can grow with you.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Another vote here for the Cobb offerings that are scalable and very well supported.
Sponsored