Sponsored

Help Me Build a PP2 Automatic

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I thought hard about getting a PP1 with the A10, and MagneRide, and then adding the Ford racing MagneRide springs, sway bars and the tune for the MagneRide, along with the PP2 front splitter, and calling it done. In the end though, it made more sense to just get a PP2 and relearn how to shift gears. Automatics are so much more efficient though.
The PP2 doesn’t come with the Ford performance springs. It has lower profile tires (305/30) all around which make it lower and essentially look awkward due to low side wall. I have a PP1 with magneride and the ford performance lowering springs. Along with slightly lower profile than stock 305/35 instead of 275/40. My car is lower than the PP2. Most people think the PP2 comes with lower springs like the GT350R. It does not.
Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a GT-350 track pack spoiler on my PP1. I had to drill for it. The template with the official Ford spoiler is great, but major pucker factor drilling 9 holes in a pristine deck lid.

The track pack spoiler is WAY more aggressive than the PP2 spoiler. I like my PP2 spoiler appearance, but would probably go track pack if I was starting from scratch. It's probably safe to assume there's 1 hole pattern for all spoilers, but I don't know anyone whose removed a PP2.

I had the dealer change the Cup 2 tires to P4S before delivery and I'm very happy with them.I added front Rok Blokz for a little more protection. There's a lot of poke on the PP2 setup.

There are PP2 owners running mag ride lowering springs without any problems.
Every stock ford spoiler uses the exact same hole pattern.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zl1addons for the front lip (bigver than the. Pp2 lip if you want)
And SP2 wheels from Lmr.
The rest is pratically the same.
Just a slighty stiffer swaybar and magnaride.
Enjoy the new ride!
20191106_172439.jpg
IMG_20190814_074736_630.jpg
IMG_20190703_095212_160.jpg
IMG_20190727_140649_467.jpg
IMG_20190830_121347_725.jpg
I have the SP2 from LMR THEY ARE ACTUALLY 8lbs lighter each than the OEM PP2 wheels and look exactly the same physically so essentially that makes them better. I also have magneride but the PP2 is slightly differently calibrated. You can actually upgrade this by getting the ford performance kit. It’s about $900 sold through American Muscle and has lowering springs the sway bars and the magneride calibration tool and software. Ends up being better because the PP2 doesn’t come with the lowering springs installed.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
The PP2 doesn’t come with the Ford performance springs. It has lower profile tires (305/30) all around which make it lower and essentially look awkward due to low side wall. I have a PP1 with magneride and the ford performance lowering springs. Along with slightly lower profile than stock 305/35 instead of 275/40. My car is lower than the PP2. Most people think the PP2 comes with lower springs like the GT350R. It does not.
I know this,
It does come with the GT350 springs and sways with the same magneride tune, and they are different from the PP1 springs and sway bars. I was concerned that if I got the PP1 with Magneride and upgraded with the Ford performance spring and sway kit, that I may end up with a suspension that is too stiff for my wife to ride in. As it is, I haven't come close to the limits of the PP2, and the wife loves riding in it as long as it's set on normal.
Both my wife and a friend of mine who both have back issues could tell when I went from normal to sport, and both felt to different degrees that sport was harsher on them. I can barely tell the difference in the ride myself.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know this,
It does come with the GT350 springs and sways with the same magneride tune, and they are different from the PP1 springs and sway bars. I was concerned that if I got the PP1 with Magneride and upgraded with the Ford performance spring and sway kit, that I may end up with a suspension that is too stiff for my wife to ride in. As it is, I haven't come close to the limits of the PP2, and the wife loves riding in it as long as it's set on normal.
Both my wife and a friend of mine who both have back issues could tell when I went from normal to sport, and both felt to different degrees that sport was harsher on them. I can barely tell the difference in the ride myself.
I have never seen any info that says the PP2 comes with GT350 springs. It comes with differently calibrated magniride than a PP1 and the 2015-2017 GT350. It also comes with recalibrated ABS and obviously new wheels and cup2’s, front splitter, and nonsense spoiler. If I was you I would look to find some actual source material that says that the springs are different than the GT PP1 because I’m basically 100% sure they are the same.

Sponsored

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
From Ford:
PP2.JPG

From this https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...708/ford-mustang-performance-pack-two-review/ R&T article:
The resulting Performance Package Two, or PP2, is available only on Mustang GT coupes with the six- speed manual. The tires are Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s, 305/30/ZR-19 all around, which become bubblegum on the bottom of a shoe in the right conditions. MagneRide adaptive dampers—previously offered only on the GT350 and now optional on other 2018 Mustang variants—are standard on the PP2 and have been retuned. The front and rear anti-roll bars are stiffer by 12 and 67 percent, respectively, compared with the PP1, and the front and rear springs are 20 and 13 percent stiffer. These changes were all intended to make the Mustang corner flatter, deliver wicked turn-in, and make it a ton of fun on back roads.
I've never seen anything indicating the springs are the same as PP1.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
FYI

All Mustangs have the spring codes on the driver side VCL label that is affixed to the door jamb.

So get a PP1, GT350 and PP2 member to post their spring codes if needing to compare.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If the 20 and 13% stiffer than PP1 is accurate then the fronts are the same rate as the GT350 while the rear (822) are 90lb/in shy of the GT350.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I RAN a season with FP struts and bmr springs.
bmr are 50% stiffer than pp1 in the front.
250 front
980 rear.
Cost 200$
On normal struts.
12%stiffer front sway bar is almost nothing. A eibach or bmr sway bar has 3 regulation and the softer is stiffer than oem. And it goes up to 55%
On the rear i was using the 350R Sway bar. If you go too stiff the rear looses grip.
I'm still convince that if you want a 10speed you should buy a 35-37k pp1 and with less than $3K you can get the "look" of pp2 and better performance.
FP struts and shocks =700$
Bmr springs = 250
Bmr sway bar = 250
350r rear sway bar = 150
Lmr sp2 replica : 1000 ish

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
FYI

All Mustangs have the spring codes on the driver side VCL label that is affixed to the door jamb.

So get a PP1, GT350 and PP2 member to post their spring codes if needing to compare.
My 2019 PP2 spring code is VVNV.

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From Ford:
PP2.JPG

From this https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...708/ford-mustang-performance-pack-two-review/ R&T article:

I've never seen anything indicating the springs are the same as PP1.
There’s absolutely nothing in what you posted that says the PP2 comes with different springs than the PP1. The list clearly does not list that as an upgraded option which would translate to the PP2 having the same springs as the PP1. The only things it says is that the magniride is calibrated differently which has nothing to do with springs, Ford never stated the springs were stiffer or upgraded. And regardless my original statement still goes on the fact that they aren’t the lowering springs made by Ford performance which are still the best springs to put on the car which are the same that the R comes with.

Last edited:

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...708/ford-mustang-performance-pack-two-review/
The resulting Performance Package Two, or PP2, is available only on Mustang GT coupes with the six- speed manual. The tires are Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s, 305/30/ZR-19 all around, which become bubblegum on the bottom of a shoe in the right conditions. MagneRide adaptive dampers—previously offered only on the GT350 and now optional on other 2018 Mustang variants—are standard on the PP2 and have been retuned. The front and rear anti-roll bars are stiffer by 12 and 67 percent, respectively, compared with the PP1, and the front and rear springs are 20 and 13 percent stiffer. These changes were all intended to make the Mustang corner flatter, deliver wicked turn-in, and make it a ton of fun on back roads.

@Semp1 ... this isn't magic. Ford stated from the beginning that the spring and bar rates were changed in the PP2. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/spring-rates-drops-all-in-one-thread.44925/

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
There’s absolutely nothing in what you posted that says the PP2 comes with different springs than the PP1. The list clearly does not list that as an upgraded option which would translate to the PP2 having the same springs as the PP1. The only things it says is that the magniride is calibrated differently which has nothing to do with springs, Ford never stated the springs were stiffer or upgraded. And regardless my original statement still goes on the fact that they aren’t the lowering springs made by Ford performance which are still the best springs to put on the car which are the same that the R comes with.
"UNIQUE track inspired springs and sway bar"

Please post your PP1 spring code and we'll have the answer.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I
"UNIQUE track inspired springs and sway bar"

Please post your PP1 spring code and we'll have the answer.
I said it in multiple posts. The car doesn’t come with the Ford Performance Lowering springs that the R comes with. When it comes to “stiffer” springs I have never seen any actual literature from ford that says that. It’s possible they are stiffer. I might be incorrect. But what I said in the previous post is the car is not lower. The springs are not the ford performance ones on the R.