Sponsored

Amount of Brake Fluid Needed for Full Flush/Replacement?

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
I am planning on switching to Motul RBF 600 brake fluid at my 2019 Bullitt's next service interval while also having Steeda stainless steel brake lines installed front and rear. The owner's manual does not list brake fluid volume (it just says "fill to between minimum and maximum mark" on the brake reservoir. I also did a search online and nothing super specific.

Just as further information, here is a link to the RBF600 and it looks like it comes in 500ml bottles:

https://www.amazon.com/Motul-MTL100...ocphy=9032862&hvtargid=pla-570957902076&psc=1

Any ideas how many bottles I would need for the full flush/replacement? Thanks in advance for your guidance.

/Rich
Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I will be installing SS brake lines too and wondering how much brake fluid to buy?

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
I will be installing SS brake lines too and wondering how much brake fluid to buy?
When I had my dealer do it I brought in six 500 ml bottles of the RBF600. I believe I got a fully unopened bottle back so six should do it. If your results vary please let me know as I may do that work myself next go around.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I always use 1-qt when doing a flush. Replacing the lines will definitely require more, but no idea how many more. Also remember you'll have to cycle the ABS pump, since air will be introduced into the system. No idea if that can be done with FORScan or not, but if not, then you'd need somebody with IDS to do it for you. The good news is you can always store the unused bottles for a future flush, so better to have more than less IMO. Good luck.
Sponsored