Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All,
Looking for some tips, I have a 2017 GT Convertible with 36.5k miles, noticed yesterday that water was coming in behind the A pillar seal about 2 inches above where the tweets are located. Does anyone know how to remove that outer black trim without breaking anything? Trying to see where the water is coming from.
Sponsored

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
Hi All,
Looking for some tips, I have a 2017 GT Convertible with 36.5k miles, noticed yesterday that water was coming in behind the A pillar seal about 2 inches above where the tweets are located. Does anyone know how to remove that outer black trim without breaking anything? Trying to see where the water is coming from.

When mine did this, I just pushed a stiff piece of plastic, like a zip tie, down the drain portion. Cleared it right up!

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
When mine did this, I just pushed a stiff piece of plastic, like a zip tie, down the drain portion. Cleared it right up!
I have the same issue. Where is that drain hole located? (A picture would be great!)

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
I have the same issue. Where is that drain hole located? (A picture would be great!)
My car is in the paint shop so I can't take a picture but just follow the seal up the
A pillar near the top you'll see a channel and a hole. It's the door window sea , not the windshield. Hope this help .

Sponsored

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
I traded my 'vert a year ago (for a 2019 FiST) but still visit these forums to see how the community is doing and because I read many online car sites. ANYWAY, I too had the A-Pillar leak and found that keeping all the rubber seals METICULOUSLY clean using a good household degreasing liquid and then LIBERALLY wiped with WD-40 SILICONE spray stopped the leak. Keeping that drain hole clear is essential because in a heavy rain it will be overwhelmed and the overflow will backup behind the rubber seal. Silicone repels water so the overflow water will more likely drain off the rubber seal than seep under it. Convertible tops require highly-maintained cleaning of the fabric and seals and after two years of ownership I was done with my drop top dream.
Sponsored