Best way for same exhaust tone, but slightly louder

thecheff22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a 2019 GT, with non-active exhaust. I actually really like the sound, I would just prefer it to be little louder. If I go H-pipe with stock axle backs, will that help or will it sound bad? Or, do I have to do axle backs, which are obviously more expensive. Thanks.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Check out AWE touring axle back's I think you may like that sound.
Looks to be 799 but I think AWE is doing a 15 or 20% off at moment, would have to look at their subform or message them. so possibly 600sh would not need to remove the resonator and have better looking exhaust tips too and better sound

I added a video below- this is louder than stock, and no drone. and if you watch video, says if you decide to remove the resonator, these will still keep droning down. great for a DD. (I love my ecoboost versions) and the quality was spot on. Its not a very common system compared to the main mbrp/etc.

https://www.awe-tuning.com/awe-ford-mustang-gt-exhaust

mines an ecoboost but the tips should look the same.
5195D0BB-ACA0-4F64-9ECD-072265CAB05C.jpeg
IMG_7031.jpg

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I have a 19 with non-active exhaust and went with a Steeda H Pipe. It sounded Almost the same but abit deeper and louder. It had no drone in it and my only complaint was the stock mufflers get Abit " Tinny " sounding up in the high RPM's but that's not the H pipes fault. It worked well until Solo Performance had their black Friday sale and the H pipe was replaced with a XV111 cat back

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 GT, with non-active exhaust. I actually really like the sound, I would just prefer it to be little louder. If I go H-pipe with stock axle backs, will that help or will it sound bad? Or, do I have to do axle backs, which are obviously more expensive. Thanks.
H will be similar tone and louder.

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
from what I can hear on youtube the stainless works catback with the h if you're into that. running the system with headers soon

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I did American Thunder Flowmaster axle back. More rumble at low tones and a tad louder at wot. Plus it does not sound like every other straight through muffler coyote. ;).

Mustang Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible; 2006 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

MustangMystique

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Mystique
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
We have the active exhaust, and chose the Borla Switchfire midpipe. It sounds VERY unique, really brings out the Coyote's rasp and volume, and looks freaking good. Also, no drone sound - at acceleration and at speed - and quiet mode still gets quiet. Cold start is very loud.
20191217_140135.jpg

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
If you are looking for a similar tone but a increase in volume your best bet will be to do a resonator delete, then from there you could always add a new axle back or possibly long tube headers if needed. If you have any questions shoot me a message and ill be glad to help you out. www.lethalperformance.com

OP
OP

thecheff22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I made a video with a gopro on how the steeda h-pipe sounds with the stock non-active exhaust. Not sure if I like it, sounds kind of metallic. Might have to do an aftermarket axle back.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
put a steeda H pipe res delete on it and if you dont like it, go from there. I did, and was happy with just doing that res delete. I dont want my neighbors or my ears to hate me.
Sponsored